Playdate

The Light In My Life

Chanyeol’s eyes shot open on Saturday morning and a bright smile appeared on his face as the sun shone through his window. Finally a weekend date with Baekhyun, he thought and jumped out of bed. Excited for his date, he speedily got ready and didn’t bother to look at the time until he started towards the door.

9:15am

Damn. I still have an hour left, his mood suddenly shifted into a depressed state. He hunched over, his arms dropped and were limp by his side and he dragged his feet before he fell backward onto the couch. He looked at his watch again.

9:16am

‘Ugh!’ he ran in hand down his face miserably and looked up at the ceiling. He then rolled over and seen the remote control for the television on the other side of the couch. He tried reaching out with his long arms, but still couldn’t reach so he began to wriggle along the couch like a caterpillar until he finally got close enough to easily snatch the remote and the television. He checked his watch once again thinking that he must have spent a few minutes feeling miserable, a few more looking up at the ceiling and even more getting the remote control.

9.18am

‘UGH!’ he grunted in annoyance as time seemed to hate him and wanted to tick by agonisingly slow today. Not bothering to sit up, he stayed lying on his stomach and turned his head to face the television. The morning news was on. Boring! he thought and began flicking through the channels; news, news, news, music, kid shows, news, news, anime, news…he flicked back to the anime channel as he thought that he briefly seen a character from his favourite show. 

‘So it is One Piece’ he said and decided to watch it. Usually he would’ve been interested in watching it but instead he kept checking his watch every minute and couldn’t focus much on the show. Finally an hour had passed and it was his time for his date. He jumped up, grinning from ear to ear, switched off the television and literally skipped out the door.

 

When Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrived at their destination, they got out of Chanyeol’s car and were amazed with the beautiful sight before them. It was the season for flower viewing as Cherry Blossoms were blooming and petals were falling and blowing in the light breeze. With this kind of scenery behind Baekhyun, Chanyeol fell in love with him even more and his heart pumped wildly in his chest. 

‘Wow! The flowers are all so beautiful, don’t you think?’ Baekhyun asked and looked at Chanyeol with a bright smile as they walked along the foot path under arches of Cherry Blossom trees. 

‘Yes, very beautiful’ Chanyeol replied as he stared at Baekhyun, paying absolutely no attention to the flowers at all as no flower could ever surpass Baekhyun’s beauty. 

After walking around and “looking” at the flowers, Chanyeol bought a giant cotton candy that was made into the shape of a puppy. When Chanyeol looked at it he couldn’t help but see resemblance between the cotton candy puppy and Baekhyun. 

Both taking a bite out of each end and looking into each others eyes, they did the cotton candy kiss that was on the top of every couples list. Chanyeol’s face blushed a deep red but since Baekhyun wanted to do it, he couldn’t say no.

They then took hundreds of pictures together with the flowers behind them in every angle possible until Baekhyun was satisfied…this went on for quite a long time.

As it slowly became afternoon, they went back to Chanyeol’s car to grab a blanket and picnic basket that Baekhyun had prepared before they searched for an empty space on the grass and set the blanket down. 

As the sun went down, they ate kimbap, fed each other grapes, and clinked their wine filled glasses together. Once they finished their romantic sunset dinner, they laid beside each other on the blanket and looked up at the now dark sky that had lots of pretty twinkling stars and a bright full moon. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and thought that he looked even more illuminating and beautiful under the moonlight. Baekhyun breathed out a peaceful sigh and seemed content but Chanyeol wanted to make him even happier. 

If only I could reach up and grab you the brightest star in the sky, Chanyeol wished as that would surely prove how much he loved him. As he was thinking this, Baekhyun moved closer to him and  rested his head on Chanyeol’s chest. A smile lifted the corners of Chanyeol’s lips and he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and held him close. Everything in this moment was perfect and it was a memory that Chanyeol never wanted to forget.

If only we could stay like this forever.