Monday Blues

The Light In My Life

Monday Blues-EXO-CBX

Chanyeol groaned when his alarmed went off just as the morning sun was filling his room with light. He reached over, his tired eyes refusing to open, and turned his alarm clock off and sighed before sitting up and rubbing his eyes awake. He sighed once again and looked out his window as he watched the sun rise over the city buildings. 

If only I could stay in bed for the rest of the day…or maybe forever…maybe I should call in sick…maybe I should just quit my job and lye around for the rest of my life and do nothing, he thought, feeling depressed. Everyday was the same for Chanyeol: he got up, drank his morning coffee, went to work, came home, slept, and then the morning comes again and the routine is repeated.

Chanyeol laid back down and closed his eyes but his mind wouldn’t let him drift off into dreamland now that he was awake, so he got himself up and ready and then left for work. Just as he arrived at his bus stop, the bus arrived and he quickly squeezed himself on. He hated catching the bus because it was always so crowded which made him feel claustrophobic. As the bus stopped abruptly at a red light, a small man in front of him knocked into his chest.

‘Sorry’ he said in a small voice. Chanyeol assured him that it was alright but when he looked down, his world suddenly became bright as the man before him was so intensely adorable and puppy-like and he couldn’t bare to tear his eyes away from him. 

The bus stopped once again and he returned to reality as this puppy squeezed his way through the crowd and off the bus, vanishing from Chanyeol’s sight. Chanyeol wanted to follow him but the doors closed and the bus took off. Seeing this man, whoever he was, was without a doubt the best part of Chanyeol’s day…or perhaps his entire life. It brought a smile to his face, a beat to his heart, and almost made him miss his stop. He practically skipped to work but as his day wore on so frustratingly slow, he began to return to his usual lifeless self and began to wonder if he might see the man who he met on the bus again.

As he left work and was making his way to the bus stop to catch it home, he hoped that he would see the man on the bus and maybe the bus could halt suddenly again so that he could bump into him again. Thinking about all of this, he didn’t realise the bus stopping until it took off without him. He ran his hand miserably down his face as had the choice to either walk all the way home or wait another half an hour for the next bus…I might as walk, he thought annoyedly.

Walking home, there were more people on the street than there were on the bus. As he pushed passed them and they pushed passed him, he accidentally got shoved into the man in front of him. He swore that when they touched, electricity ran through his entire body and made his heart jump. The man turned around and light filled the world again, just as it had done this morning. It was the man from the bus. Chanyeol became frozen as he stared at this beautiful small man. Suddenly a strange, awkward, goofy giggle escaped Chanyeol’s lips before he could clap his hand over his mouth and stop himself. The man laughed, the most wonderful laugh that Chanyeol had ever heard.

‘Hey! Aren’t you that guy I bumped into this morning on the bus?’ the man asked. Chanyeol nodded, still in a bit of a daze.

‘I guess this makes us even, huh?’ he smiled and Chanyeol nodded slowly again, which made the man laugh.

‘I can’t believe we bumped into each other twice in the same day, it must be fate. Since we might be bumping into each other more often, we should introduce ourselves. I’m Baekhyun, and you are?’

‘Ch-Ch-Ch-Chanyeol…my name is Chanyeol’ he stuttered and felt his face heat from embarrassment. I’m ruining this perfect moment. He probably thinks i’m a complete idiot, Chanyeol mentally slapped himself.

‘Cute’ Baekhyun said in a quiet voice but Chanyeol definitely heard it and his heart almost exploded. He giggled stupidly once again but pretended to clear his throat. Say something….anything!!!

‘W-Would you like to get c-coffee or something….i mean, o-only if you have the t-time?’ Chanyeol asked without thinking, stuttering again. His eyes widened once he realised what he had done and then blurted, ‘you don’t have to if you don’t-‘

‘I’d love to’ Baekhyun smiled.

‘Y-You would?’ he asked incredulously. Baekhyun nodded cheerfully before he began to lead the way, Chanyeol following closely behind him with the happiest smile on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know I haven't posted a fanfic in a SUPER long time so I apologise if this one but I really do hope that you like it. I'm super busy but i'll try to post at least one chapter every week. Have an EXOtastic day and Please support CBX's new album...I know it's been awhile since it came out...