Chapter 4

Spoiler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was another day, another loneliness for Jisoo. Today, she is doing her duty as First Lady, helping her President wife to inauguration event at Busan. South Korean and Thailand has just build a new building for art and science education for both country and hope they can mirage young people as much as they can for a better positive activity. It’s going to be huge because it will be broadcast live from the two country’s biggest broadcast company. Jisoo feel a hand covers her cold one and when she look up, she was greet by warm smile she knows by heart for years.

“You will be alright. We will do it great.” Lisa assure as she gives a gentle squeeze on that hand. They talk a little bit before they were called and asked to go up to the stage. They all applaud after Lisa finish giving her speech. She turn around and smile at Jisoo who is walking toward her, they exchange place.

“You can do it.” Lisa whispered some courage words boosting the First Lady’s confident and low murmur of ‘chicken for celebration’ making her smile widen. Lisa always knows what to do to make her calm and collect and she really thankful for that. She look at the audience, pers, young generations who was present at the time. She took a deep breath before she starts her speech by greeting them. Not far from where Jisoo stand, Lisa keep smiling as Jisoo giving her speech. She looks so gentle, well she is. She never rude, she is caring, passionate, you name it. Jisoo is the one whole package Lisa can only wished for.

The event went well until in the middle of the speech, someone who wear a guard attire suddenly went up to the podium, making Lisa frown. Her eyes widen when he pull out a gun and point it to Jisoo cause everyone gasp. Without even thinking, since she is the nearest to the guy, she push him and try to took the gun away. Lisa already knock him down making all people at there gone wild. Jisoo at the other hand got away not far from where she stood until she hear a gunshot loud and clear in her ears. Everybody is screaming when they hear a shoot was echoing at the wide space.

“Ms. Manoban!” someone shout and that making Jisoo’s blood run cold. She push through her security and run toward Lisa who is laying on the floor.

“Lisa! Lisa!” she sat down and look at Lisa who look buries and red patch starts to appear from her torso, staining her white blazers. They were now got surrounded by guards and she can hear one of them calling for ambulance. Her hand was shaking, she took her blazer off and press it on Lisa’s wound. She press it hard to help her stop bleeding, maybe too hard cause her friend groan in pain.

“Jisoo you alright?” Lisa said making Jisoo who is already crying, cried more harder.

“You idiot! What do you think you are doing!?” Jisoo shout, her body is trembling and Lisa wish she can sit up and hug her but she can’t. She got shoot and all she had to do is laying down and stay awake, careful not to spill more bloods out from her now numb body. She reach out and wipe her friend’s tears away, making Jisoo hold her hand and lean on it.

“You idiot! Idiot!” Lisa smiles, she wish they can stay like this forever, just the both of them. She didn’t mind to lose her life for the one she loves. There is no regret at all.

“You ing idiot stay awake! Don’t you dare to close that ugly eyes!” Jisoo shout when she feel the hold on her cheek loosen and those eyes were barely open.

“It’s going to be okay Jisoo-yah. Everything is going to be okay.” That was the last word Lisa says before she blackout.

“Lisa! Lisa! Lalisa Manoban!” Jisoo panicked. It just hit her hard that Lisa took the bullet for her. It should be her who got shoot but this idiot took it  for her.

“My Lady we have to go!” her guard tried to pull her away but Jisoo fight to stay.

“No! Lisa!”

“Mam we have to go! The ambulance is coming! You have to let go so Ms. Manoban can get her treatment.” Her guard finally knock some sense to her but she still not letting go Lisa’s hand.

“I’m coming with her.” She said firmly. And now they are inside the ambulance. She sat at the other side while she let the medic do the first aid to her friend. It was chaos. When they arrive at the private hospital that can only be access for government and the ally, reporters were already there, tried to take pictures but hardly get one because they are using the VIP access.

“Mam. You can’t come in. Please stay outside and wait here.” Jisoo want to protest as she look at Lisa who is being pushed inside the ER room. She looks so calm and serenade like she just having a nap.

“Please save her.” Jisoo beg.

“We will do our best Mam.” The nurse bow and went to the ER room. Jisoo look down before she sat down weakly at the chair. Her hand still shaking and she realise it still bloody with Lisa’s blood. Tears pooled on her eyes again.   

-

“But I’ll miss my Netflix series.” From a far, Jisoo hear someone whine. She slowly open her eyes and was greet with white ceiling. She groan and slowly sat down. Her clothes were change in to hospital’s pajamas.

“It just for 2 days Ms.Manoban and you can watch it from your tablet.” The assistant hand the 10” tab before he look at where  Jisoo at.

“You awake Mam. I’ll inform the doctor to check on you.” The man bow and went out, leaving Jisoo with Lisa in the room. Lisa smile awkwardly to her friends while Jisoo shooting draggers toward her.

“What are you smiling at Manoban.” Jisoo said coldly making the younger gulp.

“I-“ before she could say anything the doctors come in, examine Lisa and Jisoo. She was told that she faint due the shock and was informed she can go anytime she wants.

“Doc I don’t think I need to stay here-“

“No. Lisa stay.”

“But-“

“Lisa please.” Jisoo plead, tears starts to pool again on her eyes making Lisa sigh in defeat.

“Fine.” The doctors and nurse bow and leave them alone. Jisoo can’t hold anymore and starts to cry again, she covers her eyes with both hand while standing near Lisa’s bed.

Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter