What If This Doesn't Work?

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV


I woke up early the next morning smiling from ear to ear. My heart felt so light and I never felt this happy before. The things only Kim Sungkyu could do to me. I can’t help but smile remembering the happenings last night. Sungkyu feels the same way with me and I’m really happy to know he’s also in love with me.

Honestly, I thought I didn’t have a chance with him because I thought Sungkyu likes Sungyeol back. I was ready to avoid him because I can’t stand it knowing he likes someone else. I was really surprised he told me he loves me back and that he had been since we were in middle school. That long huh! Why didn’t he tell me about it? I should ask him later. 


I went to my closet and choose something good to wear. I feel like a girl getting ready for his first date. God! Stupid Woohyun! Sungkyu won’t care about what you wear. After a few minutes I decided to just wear a normal shirt and jeans. I quickly took a bath and when I was done fixing myself I went down to have breakfast with my parents. It’s Saturday so they don’t have work today.


“Hey mom and dad! Good Morning” I said happily. My mom and dad looked at each other weirdly.


“Good Morning son. You’re up so early today? And you look really happy. Did something happen?” my mom asked


“You got yourself a date?” my dad asked knowingly. I smiled at them my parents knew me so well


“Well yeah, sort of” I replied smiling


“Who is it?” my dad asked smiling my mom gave him a disapproving look


“Woohyun, didn’t you and Bomi broke up just 2 weeks ago or less than that? Isn’t it a bit too soon for you to date someone else already? Did you cheat on her? Were you seeing whoever this person even when you and Bomi were together” my mom asked disappointedly


“Mom, you know I would never cheat to anyone. And I’ve figured out why my past relationships failed like that. Remember what Bomi told me when she broke up with me? That I was in love with someone else? Apparently, Key told me he’s had the same reason why he also broke up with me. I just managed to figure out who I’m in love with this whole time” I said smiling. They both looked at each other knowingly.


“Oh My God! You finally realized you’re in love with Sungkyu?” my mom asked and my dad just chuckled because my mom looked so surprise and happy at the same time. Wait they knew what I was feeling about Sungkyu?


“Yes son, we’ve always knew, well your mother did she just told me. Anyway don’t ask us why we didn’t tell you because those things are supposed to be felt not heard from others” my dad said


“Have you told Sungkyu about it? Does he feel the same way?” my mom asked


“Yes mom. He does” I smiled brightly


“Are you guys dating now then? I’m so happy. I’ve always liked Sungkyu” my mom continued


“I think so” I replied and they just ask me a few more questions before I told them I had to go.
I went to Sungkyu's house next door and ring the door bell. His dad was the one who opened it. I bowed to show my respect.


“Woohyun, hey son. Sungkyu’s still asleep upstairs but you can come up and wake him up” Mr. Kim said 


“Ah… A-actually Mr. K-Kim. I have s-something to ask you and Mrs. Kim. If it’s okay with you” I said stuttering. I'm so ing nervous. I’m going to ask for their permission to be Sungkyu’s boyfriend.


He nodded and motioned me to come in leading me to their kitchen where Mrs. Kim was cooking breakfast. I greeted and bowed to her.


“Woohyun dear, have you eaten breakfast already? Sungkyu’s still asleep you can wake him up and we can all eat breakfast together” she said smiling.


“A-actually Mrs. K-Kim. I already had breakfast at my house. I … uhm… I w-wanted to a-ask you and Mr. K-Kim’s permission about something” I said still stuttering they were looking at me confusedly.

Come on Woohyun! Man up you ! Stop stuttering and ask them already. I took a deep breath and speak.


“I wanted to ask for your permission to be Sungkyu’s boyfriend” I quickly said looking at them seriously before I lose my power and courage. They weren’t reacting at first that I thought they were mad at me or something.

I was really nervous and about to say something stupid like it was just a joke when Mrs. Kim smiled and hugged me. I was surprised and I looked at Mr. Kim and he was looking at me as well. Okay? What’s going on? Are they okay with it?


“It took you this long to finally ask us huh! Of course you can Woohyun-ah. You didn’t really have to ask but I’m happy you did anyway. It shows how much you respect us” Mrs. Kim said and I smiled. He let go of me and kissed my cheek. I smiled. Sungkyu’s parents really love me that much.


“Just don’t make my son cry Nam Woohyun or I’ll forget the fact that your dad and I are best friends and skin you alive okay?” He said threateningly and I thought I was going to pee but I smiled nonetheless. That was ing scary


“Don’t worry Mr. Kim. I’ll try my very best to just make Sungkyu happy and not hurt him” I said truthfully. They both smiled at me and I quickly went upstairs to Sungkyu’s room.


I knocked 3 times before I slowly opened the door. I saw Sungkyu still sleeping soundly on his bed and I can’t help but smile. I entered his room quietly and closed the door behind me.

I slowly made my way to Sungkyu’s bed and saw that he was really still sleeping because he was still snoring. What time did he sleep last night?

I sat on the side of his bed and looked at him.

I really love this guy so much. I’m really glad he feels the same way about me. I brushed away the hair on his forehead and smiled. His mouth was slightly open. I touched his cheek gently with my fingers and smiled more if that was even possible. Snap out of it Woohyun or you won’t get to bring Sungkyu somewhere.


“Gyu?” I spoked gently waking him up. My fingers were still brushing his cheek gently. He crinkled his nose. Out of the two of us Sungkyu’s a much more light sleeper.


“Gyuuu” I tried again and I could see he was slowly opening his eyes now. When he finally opened his eyes. I smiled to him.


“Hmmm. Hyun?” He said hoarsely. 


“Hey, Gyu. Good Morning” I replied back with a smile. He looked at me confusedly


“What time is it?” he said snuggling his cheek on my fingers. I cooed at his cuteness


“Some time past 8 am” I replied back


“What are you doing here so early?” he asked curiously. He’s fully awaken now and sat up on his bed.


“Well I thought maybe we could go out and hang out somewhere nice” I said rubbing the back of my neck shyly. 


“Oh okay, where are we going?” he said and stood up


“It’s a secret for now. I want to surprise you” I replied smiling. I want our first date to be special

 

Sungkyu’s POV


“It’s a secret for now. I want to surprise you” I heard Woohyun say. I felt myself blush. God! Nam Woohyun will be the death of me. It was good that I was picking clothes from my closet so he wouldn’t see me


“Oh, What’s the occasion?” I said nonchalantly and saw Woohyun pouted a little


“Well you know… Ahh… Since…uhm…. You know… What happened y-yesterday. I thought w-we c-could h-have our first date as a couple” He said shyly. Am I seeing things? Or Woohyun’s really a blushing mess right now? I guess I can also make him blush from time to time. I’m enjoying this.


“Couple?” I said raising my eyebrow at him.


“A-aren’t we? I-I mean I-I thought we- -“ He said disappointedly looking down so he didn’t see the smile on my face. I went to him and kissed his cheek then smiled.


“But you haven’t really asked me anything yet” I said smirking


“Oh you’re right. Then I’ll ask you properly. I already told your parents by the way” he said smiling


“Wait what? You told my parents already? What did they say? Were they mad?” I asked nervously. Well my mom used to tell me that I should wait until after college before I get into a relationship.


“No, on the contrary your mom hugged me when I told her. Your dad threatened me a little bit it was all good so it’s just up to you now. Kim Sungkyu will you be my boyfriend?” He asked and grabbed my waist and look at me sincerely


“Psh! You don’t really need to ask. You know what’s my answer already” I said smiling putting my hands on his shoulders. He pouted a little.


“But you said- -“ I cut him off


“I was just teasing you” I said smiling. He smiled at me before he leaned closer and tried to kiss me. Tried because I didn’t let him.


“Nope, you can’t kiss me. I haven’t brushed my teeth yet” I said shoving his face away from me.


“Oh come on, I don’t really care if you haven’t brushed your teeth yet. I’ve been wanting to kiss you since I entered your room” He said pouting so much. I laughed at him and wriggled out of his hold. I sprint to my bathroom.


“Well I care” I stuck my tongue out at him and quickly entered the bathroom not forgetting my change of clothes.

 


After a few minutes of doing my routine, I dried myself then put on my clothes. I was wearing a simple shirt and jeans. I went out of the bathroom and saw Woohyun playing on his phone. I dried my hair a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter