From Arguments to Proposal

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

END OF FLASHBACK (25 Years Ago)


Woohyun was still hugging me on the bed but I carefully removed his hand around my waist so I won’t wake him up and quickly got up after giving him a quick kiss.

I went down the stairs and went to the kitchen scanning the refrigerator for ingredients. I looked at the clock on the living room and it was already 8am. I got eggs and bacon from the refrigerator and also picked up the left over rice from dinner last night so I could make fried rice. 


I was done with the omelet and bacons so I was doing the fried rice when I felt strong arms around my waist. If this happened years ago I would have jumped in surprise but I didn’t because my body knows who those arms belong to so instead I smiled. 


“Bed’s too cold without you on it” I heard him whined and he kissed the juncture between my neck and shoulder. I chuckled.


“Well I had to get up and cook breakfast Hyun. Sorry” I said and he hummed. 


He continued to kiss my shoulder up to my neck. I tilted my head to give him more access. His hands were slowly moving inside my shirt touching my stomach and leaving some tingling sensation.


“Hmmm” I moaned. His right hand held my hips while his left hand continue to roam on my stomach touching my navel up to my chest teasing my already hard nubs.


“Hmmm….. Hyun….Hmmm….. I’m….. cooking…. Hmmm” I said in between moans. I felt his lips moved to my ears my earlobe.


“I want you now babe” He whispered to my ears huskily. I moaned tilting my head more and resting it on his shoulders to give him more access.

I jumped in surprise when my hand touched something burning. ! Stupid Woohyun, I almost forgot I was cooking rice. I quickly shoved him away from me and checked the rice I was cooking. Good thing it didn’t burn. I turned off the stove and turned around. I glared at Woohyun and I wanted to wipe that smug on his face.


“Yah! Nam Woohyun! Do you want to burn down our house. You stupid idiot” I said glaring at him but he just chuckled.


“It’s not my fault that I want you so bad right this instant Gyu. I missed you” He said pouting in the end


“Not my fault you came home late last night” I said preparing the table for breakfast.


“Gyu, I'm sorry. My superiors asked me to join them for a drink and I didn't notice the time. I did text you I'll be home late” he said pouting. My features softened and I kissed his cheek. We both sat down.


“Fine. But please don’t distract me when I’m cooking. It’s very dangerous” I said seriously and he smiled.

We started eating breakfast. At some point he held my right hand and touched our engagement ring he smiled fondly then look at me knowingly


“I know what you’re going to say so don’t even bother on trying to say it” I glared at him


“What? I wasn’t gonna say anything” he said and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes at him


Stupid Woohyun. Making me remember that stupid yet sweetest day of my life. It all started with...

 

FLASHBACK (6 YEARS AGO)


“Hyung, maybe he’s just really busy at the hospital. You know Woohyun’s one of the most talented surgeon in Seoul. He’s probably just doing his things” Dongwoo said sipping from his coffee like nothing's wrong


“And hyung, I don’t think Woohyun hyung would ever cheat on you” Myungsoo said matter-of-factly raising his eyebrows on me.


“I never said he’s cheating. I never even thought of it. I know Woohyun would never cheat on me. I’m just saying that he’s been very busy lately and not all that he’s been secretive as well. He always holds his phone like he doesn’t want me to touch it. He’s also been coming home late for a week now when I know he doesn’t have extra shifts on those days. I just feel like he’s hiding something from me” I said frustrated


I don’t even know what’s going on with Woohyun it’s been a week since he started acting so weird and very secretive. I tried to ask him if there was any problem but he always tells me everything was okay. It’s not that I don’t trust Woohyun but I just can’t help but be paranoid what if he’s got an offer going abroad and he’s leaving me or worst what if he’s dying and he’s not telling me. I’m just really worried.


“Look hyung, just trust Woohyun about this he would never do something you wouldn’t like” Dongwoo said


I went home that night trying to calm myself out. By the way we are all in the medicine field. Woohyun and Howon are both surgeons. Sungyeol and Sungjong are nurses. Dongwoo and I are pediatrician while Myungsoo is a psychiatrist.

Dongwoo and Howon got married 3 months ago so they’re a bit on their honeymoon stage which mean they both get so often which puts us all in an awkward atmosphere. Sometimes they would just make out in front of us or touch themselves in a way that’s not supposed to be in front of their friends.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo are together since we were in med school. Myungsoo confessed to Sungyeol after our oath taking.

Sungjong is still single but he said he doesn’t want a boyfriend right now since he’s too busy to deal with everything in his life.

 


“I’m home” I heard Woohyun said when he entered our apartment. We’ve lived in this apartment since we were in college.

Our parents agreed that we should get an apartment near our university and both Woohyun and I have lived together here since then. We didn’t leave here after college since it’s also near the hospital we’re working to.


“Hey, how’s the operation room?” I asked playfully


“Busy as ” he said sauntering towards me and kissed my forehead when he reach close to me. I crinkled my nose because Woohyun smells like hospital.


“Go take a shower first. I’ll order take-out” I said shoving him away from me


“Do I really smell that bad?” he asked smelling himself


“You know I hate the smell of hospital that’s why I chose to be a pediatrician so I won’t be around those chemicals and bodies and weird stuff” I said 


“Fine. You’re so mean to me” He said pouting. I rolled my eyes at him.


I called take-out and just as when Woohyun came out of the bathroom the take-out also arrived. We settled to the couch. I the TV and started eating. When we finished eating. Woohyun threw the plastic plates and utensils in the trash while I continue to watch the TV.


I saw Woohyun’s phone on the coffee table and since I was ing curious on what he’s been hiding from me I opened his phone only to see that Woohyun locked it with a password. Damn Woohyun! Now you’re making me more anxious. I quickly put back his phone to the coffee table and pretended to watch TV.

He sat back beside me opening his arms for me to scoot closer and cuddle with him. The reason why I never thought Woohyun was cheating on me aside from I know him more than anyone else is he’s the same clingy bastard who loves cuddling with me. I can’t stop myself to be anxious though because I hate it when he’s hiding something from me.


I scoot closer to him and hugged his waist. He put his left arm around me hugging me back and his right hand quickly intertwined with my right hand. 


“I love you Sungkyu” he whispered then kissed my temple. I smiled quickly forgetting the anxiousness I was feeling


“I love you too Nam” I said back then kissed his cheek. We continued to watch the TV until his phone lit up and he picked it up. I didn’t know who he’s texting since he held his phone far away from me to see. Damn! What the hell are you hiding from me Nam Woohyun!

 

The next day I didn’t have any appointments with any patients so I left my office and went down to Woohyun’s office at the Surgery Department. This was one of those rare days when Woohyun and I can come home together since his duty ends early and there’re no emergency operations.

I was all smiles greeting everyone when I reach Woohyun’s office I didn’t even knock and all the smile on my face left when I saw Woohyun hugging one of his colleagues a little too tightly. I squint my eyes on them and thankfully Woohyun saw me. He quickly let go of the girl and rubbed the back of his neck. 


“H-Hey Babe” He stuttered. I glared at him 


“Are you done? Or Should I go home first?” I said not hiding the fact that I was annoyed.


“No let’s go home together. I was just waiting for you” he said quickly. Waiting for me huh! Liar! This girl looks like she’s flirting with you.


“I guess I gotta go Woo” the girl said. What the ! Did she just call Woohyun Woo?? Who the is this girl?


“Thanks Taeyeon I really owe you a lot” Woohyun said happily. ! Is he flirting back at her? Right ing in front of me? This bastard!


The girl left and it was just the two of us. He grabbed his things and we went to the parking lot quietly I walked ahead of him. I didn’t say anything. I won’t talk to you . 


“Gyu?” he called me


“Gyu. Are you okay?” he asked I didn’t answer because I was pissed off. I felt him grabbed my wrist and turned me around.


“Babe, are you mad?” he asked seriously and looked at me.


“Why would I be?” I asked sharply


“Gyu I- -“ I cut him off. 


“Let’s go home Woohyun I’m tired” I said and he didn’t push me further. He drove quietly and we reach our apartment without talking to each other the entire drive home.


When we got to our apartment I quickly went to our bedroom and slammed the door. I went to the bathroom to have a quick shower and change my clothes. I was really pissed off. I can’t stop the tears from falling. Is he really cheating on me? He wouldn’t do that right.

When I went out of the bathroom I saw Woohyun sitting on the bed waiting for me to finish. He already showered in the other bathroom because he was wearing new clothes and his hair was wet. 


“Gyu, will you please talk to me?” he said pleadingly I remained quiet. 


“Gyu please. Just ask me anything or be mad at me instead of ignoring me” he said close to tears. He never changed even after all these years whenever I don’t talk to him he’d be close to tears pleading me to talk to him. I sigh.

I can never resist Woohyun acting like this but I was still mad. I turned to him and he quickly look at me. I saw his teary-eyes 


“Who was that girl?” I asked


“She’s Dr. Taeyeon one of the surgeons. She’s new so you probably haven’t seen her yet” he said quickly. I would have laugh at his defensive face if we were in a different situation


“Then why were you hugging her?” I asked squinting my eyes on him. I rarely get jealous because Woohyun gets jealous enough for both of us but when I saw him hugged that girl tightly I can’t help but feel jealous especially when the thoughts of Woohyun becoming secretive this whole week invade my mind


“I was just carried away. I just wanted to thank her” he replied honestly. I raised my eyebrow on him. He said he owed her a lot earlier what does that mean?


“You said you owed her. Why? Why are you thankful to her?” I asked curiously. He shifted uncomfortably which made me raise my eyebrow on him more


“You told me I could ask you questions. And I asked you a damn question Nam Woohyun. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter