The Idiot Loves Me Back

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun's POV

“Dongwoo hyung, can I see your assignment in Literature? I forgot the question in number 3” Myungsoo asked from his seat


We’re all in the cafeteria since it was lunch time. Lots of people welcomed me and Howon back from the training camp. The teachers also reminded us that we should ask our other classmates to help us catch up.


I have nothing to worry about since Sungkyu hyung already taught me a few of the things I missed for the past week when I was in his house last night.

Also the guys know about Bomi breaking up with me but I guess they weren’t surprised at all.


“Sungkyu hyung, Daeyeol wanted me to give this to you. He said he’s really thankful that he has a new hyung now other than me. He was so happy last Saturday” Sungyeol said handling Sungkyu a blue keychain with pororo character. I looked at Sungkyu and he was smiling from ear to ear. Why is he smiling like an idiot? Who the hell is Daeyeol? And Saturday? What did they do that Saturday? Is that why he couldn’t spend time with me? I was about to ask when Howon beat me to it.


“Daeyeol? Isn’t that your little brother Yeol?” He asked and Sungyeol nodded.


“Where did you guys go last Saturday?” Sungjong asked excitedly


“We went to the child park and ate pizza. It was fun right hyung?” Sungyeol said and looked at Sungkyu.

I looked at him and he looked at me too he gave me a small smile and said yes. I turned to my food and continued eating in silence. Why does my heart feel so heavy suddenly? I feel like I can’t breathe. I quickly compose myself. When the school bell rings we went to our classroom together. Sungkyu probably noticed my sour mood.


“Hey, about Saturday. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you where I was going to. Are you mad?” He asked. The rest of the guys were in front of us. I sigh. I shouldn’t be upset but I can’t help it. 


“I’m not mad don’t worry. There’s nothing to be mad about anyway” I lied


“Hyu- -“ I cut him off


“Sungkyu hyung, I’m not mad really. I’m fine don’t worry” I said and gave him a smile again. Please don’t push me Sungkyu. I don’t want us to fight again. I promised him that I would be more mature and handle things seriously so I’m doing it.


After class I told Sungkyu to wait for me at the bus stop because I was called by my soccer coach. I was on my way to the bus stop when I heard familiar voices at the shed inside the campus and saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo talking to each other. I was about to shock the hell out of them when I heard Sungkyu’s name


“You like Sungkyu hyung more than as a friend don’t you” Myungsoo said, sounding more of a statement rather than a question


“I do. I really like Sungkyu hyung” Sungyeol said. Wait Sungyeol likes Sungkyu? I felt my heart cracking for some unknown reason. Why am I feeling like this? There’s nothing wrong if Sungyeol likes Sungkyu right? ! Who am I kidding I hate that guy and he just made me hate him more. I don’t want to hear anything anymore so I quickly ran to the bus stop and saw Sungkyu was sitting there. My heart started beating fast and I was quickly reminded of what I heard. He can’t like Sungkyu. Sungkyu’s mine. Wait! What am I saying. God! I’m so ing confuse right now.


“Yah Nam Woohyun, what took you so long dummy?” Sungkyu asked irritated. Why do I hate the idea of Sungyeol liking Sungkyu? ! This is stressing me out!


“Hyun, are you okay?” I jumped out of surprise when I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw the concern look in Sungkyu’s eyes. I quickly nod my head and smiled at him. The bus arrive just in time so Sungkyu couldn’t ask any more question. Please don’t ask me anything because I myself don’t know what’s going on.


We went home in silence or more like I was thinking about so many things and I was really confuse I couldn’t say anything. Sungkyu must have felt that I didn’t want to talk so he didn’t push me. When we were in front of his house I was going to kiss his forehead when I remembered what Sungyeol said. Damn it! So instead I told Sungkyu I was sorry for being quiet and that I just felt sick. He told me to take medicine and he went inside his house already.


I’m so ing confused right now. Why do I feel like my heart is drowning when I heard what Sungyeol said. Does Sungkyu like him too? Will they date each other? There’s nothing wrong if they date each other right? I mean I dated a lot and Sungkyu seemed to be okay with it. No! He can’t date. Why? Because. Because. Because. ! I don’t know. ! What is wrong with me?

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 


A week has passed and I still have no idea what’s going on with me and I manage to avoid Sungkyu for the past week as well. I don’t know what’s going on but every time Sungkyu would talk to me my heart would start beating fast and then I’d remember what Sungyeol said then suddenly I want to punch Sungyeol but I couldn’t because I know Sungkyu would be upset.

So I just avoided him actually all of them. I didn’t join them for lunch telling them I had a lot of things to do and I hate myself more because it seems like Sungyeol and Sungkyu are getting closer day after day.

But sometimes, I think this was for the best because I think I can’t take it when Sungkyu tells me that he and Sungyeol is dating. Don’t ask me why because I don’t know either.

I know Sungkyu’s upset with me, well who wouldn’t when your best friend suddenly avoids you without a reason. He tried to talk to me and text me asking me what’s wrong but I always say I’m okay even though I wasn’t. I didn’t know what to tell him because I didn’t know what’s wrong either. My mom also tried to talk to me but I also refused to talk and I know she’s getting worried. But what the hell can I do when I myself don’t understand what’s going on with me. I felt so frustrated.

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

 

It was Friday and I was on my way to a café near the campus alone. Since I haven’t talked to my friends for almost a week now. They’re probably somewhere having fun today because I heard Howon saying they should go watch a movie or something. Sungkyu’s probably laughing with Sungyeol’s joke. I sigh. I was Sungkyu’s happy pill before but I guess I’m not anymore. 


“Ouch!” someone said. Great work! Nam Woohyun, you just bumped into someone. 


“! I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you there” I said quickly helping him stand up. I was shocked when I saw who it was.


“Key?” I said 


“Woohyun?” he said back and smiled a little.


“It’s you. Wow! I’m really sorry by the way. I didn’t see you” I said. Even though Key broke up with me I think we can still label each other as friends but this is the first time I saw him after our break up two years ago.


“Hmmm. I see that you’re still as distracted as before huh! You never changed Woo.” He said chuckling. I rubbed the back of my neck feeling a little embarrass.


“I think a coffee would do as an apology. Besides I think we need to catch up with each other it’s been a long time” He said and went to a table at the back. I ordered for the both of us and went to him after I got our orders.


“So, how have you been?” he started


“I’m fine same old me. You?” I said smiling


“I’m doing well I guess. Hmmm. I heard you and Bomi broke up? I’m sorry about that” he said genuinely


“Yeah! She broke up with me just like what you did 2 years ago. But I’m fine don’t worry” I said


“Oh, I’m not worried not about that at least. How’s Sungkyu hyung?” he asked. It took me a minute before I replied


“He’s fine I guess” I said sipping from my coffee


“You guys fought?” He said chuckling


“What? No, why’d you think we did?” I lied


“Well because, you’re Nam Woohyun. And if you’re asked about Kim Sungkyu you do a non-stop story telling about Sungkyu hyung unless of course you guys fought” He said smirking. 


“Are you saying that I like it when Sungkyu’s the topic?” I asked


“No. But if you think that way I think it also works. Now tell me what’s wrong? Why did you guys fight?” he asked concerned


“We didn’t really fight. I just started avoiding him. That’s all” I said nonchalantly


“Wait, you’re avoiding Sungkyu? Not the other way around? Wow! Is the world ending tomorrow?” He said chuckling


“Hey, it’s not that unusual” I said


“You bet it is. Come on Woohyun. This is Sungkyu we’re talking about. You can’t survive a day without talking to him. Yet you managed to avoid him. How long?” he asked I frowned. 


“I’m not that obsessed with Sungkyu. And it’s been a week since I started avoiding him” I said defensively and he smirked. What did I say?


“I never said you’re obsessed of Sungkyu. You’re the one who said that” He said smirking and I frowned more. He’s teasing me.


“So a week huh! That’s pretty long. I didn’t think you can manage a day without Sungkyu. Anyway why did you start avoiding him?” he asked and I told him everything.

Well one thing that makes Key special out of all the people I dated is that we started being friends before we dated each other and I felt like I can tell him anything. If Sungkyu’s not in my life right now Key’s probably my best friend.


 I heard him laugh out loud when I finished my story and he was banging his head on the table. What’s wrong with him? There’s nothing funny about it. I frowned. When he calmed down I speak.


“Glad you’re finally done laughing your out with your friend’s problem” I said sarcastically


“Oh come on Woo, it is funny. I can’t believe you never changed even after all these years. You’re still as dense as ever” he said and I frowned getting confuse more and more


“And seriously, Sungkyu hyung thought you’re in love with me? That’s ing ridiculous because I remembered how much I hated you before for not loving me back the way I loved you” he said and I quickly felt guilty. Out of all the exes I had I can say that Key was the most hurt because of me.


“Hey no need to feel guilty I’ve already moved on. Besides I’m happy with my boyfriend now and we’ve been dating for almost a year” he said and I smiled.


“That’s good to know then. I was worried you’re still crazy about me” I said chuckling. I know about Key’s boyfriend they’re one of the most popular couple in the campus for being sweet and caring to each other.


“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that. Anyway let’s go back to your problem. So what do you think you’re feeling is?” he asked. I thought about it for a moment before I answered him.


“Well I don’t really know but maybe I’m just really scared that I’d lose Sungkyu if he starts dating someone” I said honestly


“Seriously, that’s what you think? You said that lately you feel like you want to hug and kiss Sungkyu every time you see him. And that your heart starts beating so fast when you see him?” he said 


“Well…. Maybe.. uhm.. Maybe I just miss him I mean I’ve been avoiding him for a week and I’m not used to it so maybe that’s why” I said unsure. He didn’t say anything for a minute before he sigh.


“Do you know why your exes broke up with you?” He asked


“Well, I know some of them is because I can’t give them my time or that I don’t make them my first priority. Something along those line. Well except Bomi because she thought I was in love with someone else. Can you believe that?” I said and chuckled


“And you are. You’re in love with someone else Woohyun. You’re just too dense to realize it. That’s also the reason why I broke up with you. Remember what I said that time?” he said


“You said that I don’t like you enough because I don’t love you. And that you can’t put up with me anymore because I couldn’t love you the way you love me” I said


“Wow! You remembered everything. Anyway, that’s the point. You couldn’t love us wholly because from the very start your heart belongs to someone else already. I tried to steal it from that person but I guess he got your whole heart. Almost everyone knows about it you know. You’re just to dense to realize it.” he said smiling


“I don’t understand. Who are you talking about? As far as I know I’m not in love with anyone” I said a bit annoyed because what he said just made me more confused. He sigh.


“Think about it Woohyun. Why was it easy for you to lie to your past girlfriends and boyfriends just to be with that person? Why would you cry every time you fought with that person? Why is it easy for you to tell that person you love him? And most importantly, why else would you be so scared to lose someone to the point that you feel like drowning every time you think of it” He said. Wait, lose someone? Drowning? Is he talking about ….


“Are you talking about Sungkyu?” I asked and he smiled. I was about to ask something when he said he needed something to do and walked out of the café leaving me more confused than ever.


How can I be in love with Sungkyu? He’s my best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter