Chapter 8

The Forgotten Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Jisoo

I found a note from Taeyong saying that he will go back to the hospital to talk to Jaehyun. I was happy he managed to gather his courage and talk to the boy.

When the situation gets better, I have decided to tell Taeyong everything about me. I'm not sure if he'll remember me but I have to go and try at least.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

I opened it to find the woman who I assumed to be Jungwoo's mother.

"I'm…" She began.

"You're Jungwoo's mother." I said in recognition. "Please come in."

She entered the apartment and went to the living room.

"I'm afraid Taeyong's not here." I told her.

"I'm here for you."

"Is…something wrong?"

"Let's have a DNA test."

###

I said no. I don't know what gave her such a ridiculous idea. She said she lost her daughter in Jeju when the girl was just 9 years old.

She did a background check on me and when she found out that my name is Kim Jisoo, she took the courage to ask me and have a DNA test.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I looked in front of me to find Kun smiling. "Thinking about something?"

"Nothing important." I replied as I pulled off a smile.

"Are you ready for your checkup?"

"Yes."

We entered the hospital and was surprised that all of them know Kun.

"Are you famous, by chance?"

"No, of course not."

"Then why does everyone know you?"

"I'm a med student, remember?" He said and took my hand into his. "For now, let's go meet Jongin hyung."

We arrived at what seem to be a doctor's office and inside was a very young doctor.

"Hyung." Kun said and the doctor took off his glasses.

"Yah, Qian Kun, you have to address me properly." The doctor said. "Who's this pretty lady?"

"She's Jisoo." Kun introduced and the doctor pulled off an expression like Lucas. "She's just a friend!"

"I didn't even say anything. Stop being defensive." He replied then looked at me. "I'm Dr. Kim Jongin. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Kim Jisoo." I introduced myself.

"So what can I do for you?" Jongin asked and we all sat down.

"I made initial check ups on her when she fainted. Here are the results." Kun began.

"Looks like you've gotten busy." He said teasingly to Kun..

Jongin looked at the papers intently.

"This…" Jongin said. "How long have you been enduring this condition?"

"I was 13 when I found out about my heart condition. I grew up in an orphanage. I got a check up every two years until they couldn't afford it anymore."

"You have to get operated immediately or it would be too late."

"Will I live longer if I get operated? Please be honest with me, doctor."

"If you have been operated when you were 13, I would have assured 100% success but I'll be honest, it's 50-50."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter