Chapter 2

The Forgotten Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Taeyong

I let her go to the market eventually. She cooked rather happily that I had no choice to eat what she prepared. I haven't asked her what she meant about what she said. Why is she wasting her life here? Why did she choose to live here and wait for me to come back?

"How is it?" She asked.

"Delicious." I said honestly. She learned Mrs. Kim's recipe really well. The taste brings me back to my childhood summers.

"I'm happy." She replied. "You can go rest after you eat. I'll clean up."

"No, you already cooked. I'll clean." I washed the dishes and had them dried. I went to the living room to find Jisoo playing the piano. She stopped when she saw me.

"You play?" She asked.

"Not really." I said as I sat beside her.

"What do you do?"

"I'm an idol."

"What's that?" She asked. I was surprised at the fact she did not know what an idol was. 

"Have you been living under a rock?"

"I'm sorry." She had her head down like I was scolding her for something.

"I wasn't scolding you." I said in panic.

"You raised your voice."

"I wasn't mad."

"Then what's an idol?"

"Uh, I sing and dance with my group in front of people." Okay, I had to settle with the easiest description I can pull off.

"Something like theater performer?"

"Yeah, just that it's more of a pop version."

"Cool." She said.

"How about you, what do you do?"

"Wait for you to comeback." She said as she began to play the piano once again. The melody is beautiful that I decided not ask any more questions.

The mood was ethereal that I leaned my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes.

###

I woke up with a start only to find that it was already morning. I looked around and saw nobody so I was assuming the girl was just part of my dream.

"Looking for me?" She said with the same smile she gave me yesterday. "Good morning, sleepy head."

"I fell asleep." I said in realization and as if on cue, she began stretching her right shoulder.

"Yeah, you fell asleep on my shoulder and you were kinda heavy." She teased. I only met Kim Jisoo yesterday but why does it feel like I have known her all my life?

"I'm hungry." I announced to change the topic and it was successful.

"Oh, I'll cook. What do you want for breakfast?"

"Ham and egg." I answered and she went to the kitchen.

It was a new day. I could see the sea from this house's veranda. The breeze was so much calmer, warm and inviting.

I went to my room to find my things already inside.

"How did such a small girl carry all of these here." I murmured to myself. I unpacked my stuff, my clothes, my music equipment and some pictures I had w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter