Chapter 6

The Forgotten Sonata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Jisoo

Boyfriend. The word kept ringing inside my head. I don't know what to say when Taeyong haven't even reacted when that girl Jennie said those words to me.

Was Taeyong just playing around with my emotions? Was that kiss even real? Was I expecting too much?

I was walking absent-mindedly on the streets. When the girl kept on ruffling Taeyong's hair and touching his hand, breathing the same air as them felt suffocating. I knew I had to leave.

And it came again.

"No, Jisoo. You have to calm down. You can't pass out here." I said to myself.

Just then, I felt someone hold unto me.

"Are you okay?" A guy asked.

"Please…help me."

Without another word, he carried me in his arms and into a car.

"Mr. Kim, to the mansion. Please hurry." The guy said to the driver and then he turned to me. "You have to hang on, okay?"

I nodded and he held me tighter.

"You'll be fine."

For a stranger, it was utterly unusual that I believed in him.

###

I opened my eyes to find myself in a white room. I recalled everything that happened to realize I'm in a stranger's house.

"You're awake." The guy said as I got up to a sitting position. "Feel better?"

"Yes, thank you." I said to him.

"I'm glad." He looked really kind and his eyes showed sincerity. "I'm Qian Kun."

"Kim Jisoo."

"Jisoo. Nice name."

"Thank you again for helping me, Kun."

"Jisoo." He said rather seriously. "You have a heart condition."

"I know that." I said with a smile this time. "Don't worry, I'll take care of myself. This won't happen again."

"But you have to undergo an operation immediately."

"I'll be fine, Kun."

I know of my heart condition since I was young. I ocassionally had checkups at the orphanage but since they couldn't afford an operation, I learned to get on with it. No one would adopt me because I am rather sickly as a child.

"Then let me take care of you." He said and that made me look straight to his eyes. "I… I'm a medical student. My parents run the biggest hospital in Seoul. If you don't want an operation, then let me just monitor your condition."

"And why would you do that? Do you pity me that much?"

"No! Of…of course not." He said. "This… will be for research… in med school."

I knew he was lying. I can see something in his eyes that tells me it wasn't just for med school. Was it pity? worry? And I highly doubt they would allow human to be a part of any medical studies. Watching dramas taught me a lot.

"Okay, but I don't have money. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter