Chapter II - Smell of Thanks

Its Not My Fault

Smell Of Thanks

 

"May I ask what the occasion is?" The stunning boy smiled, putting on display all of his shining whites.

"A close friends graduation," 

Humming cutely, the worker rolled up the sleeves of his oversized pink sweater, then waved Jeno to follow him as he walked towards a cozy sized area to the left, there it was warmer and brighter too.

"How about, Stargazers for abundance, Alstroemeria for prosperity, and Daffodils for new beginnings, does that sound alright?" 

Jeno just nodded 'sure' not fully understanding what the boy said, but enjoying how happy he looked when picking out the flowers. Jeno suddenly thinks maybe the half hour walk wasn't so bad, at least not if he was able to meet this cute boy.

The boy uprooted a few of the beautiful flowers, taking them over to a small station where he cut them with scissors down to a reasonable size, then styled them together in a neat handheld way, but not yet in a wrapped boquet, then held it up to Jeno, "How does this look?" 

The bright colors complimented each other so well it brought a smile to Jeno's face, his eyes delving in themselves to create small crescents of sunshine, so bright it rivaled the sun, "Beautiful!" Jeno replied, eyes lingering on the boy that lit up after having his bouquet complimented. Cute. 

The boy turned to ring it up, and Jeno happened to see his name tag in the process, repeating the name over in his head. Jaemin. Jaemin. Jaemin is cute. 

"When is the graduation? We usually hold them until the event so they can stay as fresh as possible, if you would like, that is," Jaemin kindly asked, eyelashes tangling with each other momentarily as he blinked. 

"That would be great actually, the graduation is tomorrow morning," Jeno said as he fetched into his pocket for a wallet, paying the beautiful boy across from him. Jeno was proud of himself, knowing he had gotten so much better with talking to cute boys. He remembered the way he used to stutter with Donghyuck, and how he reddened with every action of the younger. 

Jaemin took the money and rang it up, "What name should I put this under?"

"Jeno, its Lee Jeno," he smiled, shining just as brightly as before.

"More like Lee Daeno," Jaemin giggled, making Jeno feel attacked as his cheeks heated up. 

(Dae means radiant in sinokorean, its a play on words oops)

Jeno realized the weird feeling for a few moments, it was like some odd and new heat washed over him. Before he could say anything, a female sang Jaemins name brightly as she walked in. 

"Jaemin! Guess what babe? Today I-"

"Lina," Jaemin stopped her, a different smile on his face now, "I'm helping a customer right now, tell me later,"

Jeno just smiled with tightlips, amazed he didn't notice before. Babe. Of course. He's straight. What, did I expect him to be gay? No way, one look and you can tell he's had at least ten girlfriends.

"Oh! Don't worry! Its fine, I was just leaving," Jeno laughed, making light of the situation as he moved towards the entrance from whence he came, "Thank you by the way! See you tomorrow!" 

Without glancing back at the cute florist, Jeno left the shop, the immediate difference of temperature shocking his body. A small shiver went through him as he exhaled loudly. So much for that one.

Smiling to himself in hopes of brightening his own mood, he walked back out towards the main road where he hailed a taxi. 

It wasn't so bad, he thought to himself in the quiet ride. He didn't regret anything, in fact he was rather glad; beautiful things always inspired him, and Jaemin was more beautiful than any of the flowers in his shop. 

Jeno was inspired.