Chapter III - A Flowers Beginnings

Its Not My Fault

 

Jeno had been scrolling through his social medias for awhile now, having finished a painting he was more than happy with from his moment of inspiration. He sat on the floor so he wouldn't get the chairs dirty, his paint covered body seemingly miniature to the art he had created. 

A message tone dropped down to distract him, quickly clicking it to read it was from none other than Jisung. 

 

Sungie ☀️:

pls dont forget my graduation is in 4 hours i want at least 1 friend there

 

Jeno:

i would never!! Im so proud of you 💕 I'll probs be there a bit early 

 

A fond smile fell on his lips, it quickly turning into a tired sigh. I didn't know it was already morning. I worked all through the night, but it didn't feel like it.

Rolling himself up so he wasn't leaning on the ground, he crossed his legs as he stared at the large acrylic painting. It was a boy facing away from the viewer, what would've been the face, melting off into a mixture of flowers, ranging from wild ones he'd seen on the road to the beauiful ones in Jaemins shop. The key point was a bouquet of flowers that sat on the other corner of the painting, not only balancing it out but being the only colorful thing in the black and white painting, and it just so happened to be a bouquet of white lilies. 

Thanks flower boy, he hummed, dusting off his painter pants and heading for his bathroom. 

Jeno wasn't too rich, at least not when compared to his friends, but his paintings sold for more than he ever would've thought, and it turned out to be enough for him to get a house with a studio, turning his love of art into an actual career. He didn't mind money, having it or not, it never really meant anything to him. 

His whole life was rather messy, and sure he would've liked to have enough money when he was younger to pay for his moms medical bills, but she always told him money was never a problem. Neither really cared, it gave him the excuse to get jobs and find things he didn't like, but it also gave him more time to spend with his mom. 

Jeno's father had divorced his mom before he was able to know him, so that didn't play anything in his life, even though people tended to pity him for no reason. 

His friends were everywhere, they came and went like flies, and that was the hardest for him, he just wanted friends that would stay. The moment he matured the most was probably Donghyuck. The person he was closest to and cared for, left him in a split second for a foreigner. To make things worse his mother passed away the following week.  But that was what allowed Jeno to explore painting. 

He had plunged into a deep depression, never leaving his house, the curtains always shut. He barely moved from his bed, even though he knew the house would be taken away from him. In a spur of emotions, he stormed into his mothers room, throwing things in anger, and crying from sadness, when he threw open her closet to see a large forray of art peices, ranging from sketches to watercolor to ink, to acrylic. Not only that but her materials were just as amazing. 

Jeno felt something rush through him in that moment, he took her things and a clean canvas from her multiple, and began painting. Splashing, not knowing what he was doing. It was theraputic. His tears mixed with the colors and the brush danced to the melody of his heart, expressing what his words could never do. 

Fatigued from the emotional rollercoaster, he sat back on his knees, not caring about the paint mess he left on the wooden floors, but noticing how all his mothers sketches and paintings had been about him, then glanced down at his painting to see a messy but simple painting of his mother looking out the window of her hospital room. 

It was the one painting Jeno never sold. 

Standing in his glass hallway, he focused his eyes from the painting that was hung on the wall, down to his room that he entered to change.