Fall For You

Tales of a Closeted Fanboy

So far, dating Taeyeon is quite a pleasant experience for Baekhyun. Aside from being pretty and laidback, she isn't annoying and is very mature. She is also very caring, can keep an actual conversation going and has great sense of humor. She's very refreshing and for once, Baekhyun actually enjoys the company of someone he had decided to date.

Baekhyun sighs depressingly as he twirls his teaspoon, mixing the coffee before taking a sip. As much as he enjoys Taeyeon's company, he still couldn't get himself to genuinely like her. As in, the heart-fluttering, nerve buzzing type of like. Weeks into their relationship, and he could only go as far as hugging her. Baekhyun's aware that he's been treating Taeyeon as just a friend, and their dates seem more like simple friendly hang-outs rather than actual dates between a girlfriend and boyfriend.

"Annoying," Baekhyun utters in distaste. He could only blame the lack of development of his feelings for Taeyeon on a certain crazy-color haired senior who he has been avoiding all this time. He knows Chanyeol probably hates him now and the best thing to do is forget about him, but Baekhyun couldn't seem to help himself. He still sees the senior around campus once in awhile, all alone with his sketchbook and sometimes, there's Yixing or Jongdae hovering around him. Baekhyun wants to patch things up with Chanyeol more than anything, but he can't do that right now. He's been an to him, and Baekhyun needs to atone to that by distancing himself from the senior.

It may sound kind of weird, but for Baekhyun whose stupid heart is yearning for his beloved Chanyeol-hyung, it's a very effective punishment.

"Hey," Taeyeon appears with cup noodles in both of her hands. She places them down and flicks Baekhyun's nose, bringing the brunette back to reality.

"What the ?" Baekhyun curses in surprise, causing the girl to chuckle in amusement as she sits on the bench across him and starts mixing her noodles with a pair of chopsticks.

"It hurts, you know?" Baekhyun whines with pouty lips as he massages his nose. "Look, I think it's bleeding."

"It's not, don't be such a drama queen," Taeyeon laughs. "Come on, eat your noodles."

"Why are we even in a convenience store?" Baekhyun huffs. "We could go somewhere else. The pizza place isn't that far from here, and there's a burger house just at the corner."

"I was craving for noodles, so shut up," she gives him a threatening look that eventually made Baekhyun just close his mouth and eat. Sometimes Taeyeon could be a bit scary. Just like his mom, Baekhee and his fellow EXO-Ls. Or maybe girls are generally scary, it's just that the ones he's been with are complete idiots.

"By the way, what's bothering you? You looked really pissed off awhile ago," Taeyeon wonders, words muffled because of the noodles stuffed in . It should have looked disgusting, but it only made her look cute.

Baekhyun wanted to tell her that she looked like a chipmunk, but decides to shut up because he might just get a bruise from it.

"It's nothing..."

A pained cry resonates past the brunette's lips when Taeyeon suddenly shoots up from her bench and pinches his mochi cheeks.

"Ah, it hurts! It hurts!" Baekhyun wails, eyes watery with tears as he tries to pry her hands off of him. "Taeyeon, you're going to rip my cheeks off!"

"I'm your girlfriend, Baekhyun," she says in annoyance as she sits back on her chair, watching the boy massage his cheeks with a miserable pout on his lips. "I know you don't feel anything for me, but you should at least confide in me. At least be honest around me, that's the least you could to make up for the fact that you as a boyfriend."

Baekhyun sighs depressingly again. "Ah, as expected... you'd definitely notice."

"I'm not ashamed to admit to you that I'm your stalker, I'm too observant and I could easily read you," Taeyeon casually says.

Baekhyun makes a face. "I'm getting a bit creeped out."

"Whatever," Taeyeon rolls her eyes.

The brunette bites into his lips uncertainly. Should he tell Taeyeon? Isn't that a bit weird, talking to your current girlfriend about some other person you're hung up about?

Well it's not like Taeyeon cares anyway.

"W-What do you do when you're in a situation where someone you're close to confesses to you and you get scared so you don't give him a proper answer then when he demands you an answer, you just coldly brush him off because you just don't know what the you have to say or do? What do you do?"

Taeyeon stares at him as if he had offended her whole family tree. "Seriously, did you do that?"

Baekhyun rubs his arm in discomfort. "I... I guess?"

"Waaahhh that's awesome," Taeyeon deadpans. "You're more of an than I give you credit for."

"You're making me feel more bad," Baekhyun says helplessly.

"Well it's true. That's an A+ type of headassery you've got right there, ruining a perfectly fine bond with someone just because he likes you and you don't know your own feelings. You should have at least told him you need more time to think about it."

"I want to bury myself deep into the ground," Baekhyun groans.

Taeyron slurps on her noodles. "So... I guess you made me your girlfriend so you could forget about all those confusing feelings, right?"

The brunette looks up at her with timid eyes. "I'm sorry..."

Taeyeon chuckles as she stares at him affectionately.

"Ah... what do we even do with you, hmm?"

Baekhyun reaches out and takes his girlfriend's hand. "I'm sorry, I really am. You're amazing and I don't want to lose you just yet…"

The girl sighs, nodding reassuringly. "It's alright, I knew you were an from the start, I took the risk. And yeah… I'm not gonna going anywhere. I adore you, Byun Baekhyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're dumb," were Kyungsoo's first words when Baekhyun meets up with him and Luhan for EXO's gig at a club. He's still pissed off at how Baekhyun could be so dumb when it comes to relationships and love when he's the one who has the crazy long-list of people that he had dated.

"It means 'hi' in the language for the salty," Luhan says with a little smile. Baekhyun rolls his eyes and takes their hands, dragging them towards the entrance of the club where a line is starting to form.

"So, what's your plan?" Kyungsoo utters lowly.

"Kyungsoo…" Luhan warns him.

Baekhyun looks at his friend, sighing. "Just let it go, Kyungsoo. It's my problem, I'll handle it."

"You're handling it terribly, if I may say so."

"Ugh, you damn right," Baekhyun groans. "If it makes you feel even more smug, I'm aware of my headassery and I feel like about it, so can you give this up now and let's just enjoy this, hmm?"

Luhan gives Kyungsoo a glare as he pinches his side. The round-eyed boy whines in pain, pouting as the Chinese boy gives him a threatening look while flicking his head towards Baekhyun's direction whose back is turned to them. Kyungsoo sighs and nods tiredly.

"Look Baekhyun, I'm sorry," Kyungsoo says. "I'm just pissed off that you could do that to someone. You're obviously really happy with Chanyeol and I just don't get why you need to be a to him. It just doesn't make sense…"

"Nah, it's true anyway, you don't have to say sorry."

"But still-"

"Let's just go," Baekhyun groans as the line finally starts moving.

The whole place is kind of dark, with only dim lights overhead lighting up the interior when they make it inside. There's only around a hundred people in attendance, making it all seem private and exclusive, as if they're the chosen ones who had been allowed to bask in the presence of gods.

There's still an hour left before the mini-concert. As the social butterfly of their little trio, Luhan initiates conversation with the EXO-Ls around them, who immediately warm up to his bubbly and bouncy attitude. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo would only add in to say something and just leaves it to Luhan since it's his element. No one recognizes Baekhyun as a fansite too, since he's not covering himself up.

Because they were having too much, the three of them along with their new found friends were taken by surprise when the whole place suddenly turns completely pitch black. Baekhyun cups his mouth to stifle a little shriek, clutching on to Kyungsoo's sleeve.

And then suddenly, a red spotlight shines on stage, falling on EXO's main vocalist. Baekhyun's heart beat picks up as Loey looks up with a y frown on his face. His eyes were dark and sharp as he stares out into the audience, seemingly looking for someone. Baekhyun didn't want to assume, but he felt shivers when Loey's eyes seem to drift towards him. With a little smirk, he begins singing, voice echoing with such power across the space.

"You could be my only star,
You could be the moonlight
Let’s stay like this forever."

The whole stage lights up, hyping up the whole audience. Baekhyun screams along as excitement rushes through his veins, raising his lightstick.

"Loey's looks extra hot today," Luhan giggles. "Wonder what happened to him, he looks kinda angry."

"Damn he's ing mad, look at him go," Kyungsoo laughs. "He's gonna ruin his guitar."

Baekhyun could only nod as he closely watches his idol. It's normal for Loey to always act kind of y and mysterious on stage, but he would usually slip in a small smile or smirk while performing. This time, nothing of the sort happens. He's just frowning as he aggressively strums on his guitar and performs the songs with a fervent passion that Baekhyun had never seen before.

"I wonder what Chanyeol-hyung would say…" Baekhyun utters, suddenly thinking about his senior who also shares the same bias as him. What would Chanyeol think or say about Loey acting like this? Will he come up with some kind of theory about a hidden significant other or will he blame Loey's rage on something else?

Baekhyun smiles to himself. Thinking about Chanyeol right now made him miss him again. He wanted to see him smile, hear his voice, feel his light touches. If it was possible, Baekhyun would even drag Chanyeol with him to this event and enjoy the night with him. If it's with Chanyeol, it will definitely be fun and exciting. Anything in general is fun and exciting with him.

The brunette sighs, smiling bitterly. He truly is such an idiot. Baekhyun keeps on pushing Chanyeol away, but he ends up hurting deep inside too. He didn't know why exactly, but his heart keeps on aching and longing to at least see him. It's insane, he's never felt this way before and he hates it.

Baekhyun hates the effect Chanyeol has on him.

"Now for this song, we're going to go a bit mellow," Loey says as he swings his guitar behind him. "It's actually a song from our new album which is going to be out real soon. It's called Fall, and…" he smiles tenderly out into the audience, eyes falling once more on Baekhyun's area. "…it's a really special song for me." This time, the fierce look in his gaze softens up, his eyes filled with warmth. Baekhyun feels his legs tremble as Loey smiles. He didn't want to assume, but it really felt like he was smiling at him. Instinctly, Baekhyun reaches down for his camera, wanting that look on Loey's face to last for a long time, but he realizes that he hadn't brought his camera.

"Our Loey really worked hard on this one, so we hope you like it," Kris speaks up.

"He didn't sleep a wink a few weeks ago because he wants to make it perfect. He shunned himself from us just to finish it," Sehun snickers, making Loey reach out and pinch his side. "Oww, hyung!" The audience laughs out loud.

"So yeah!" Loey says with a little strained laugh. "This is Fall!"

Sehun starts strumming on his acoustic guitar, then Loey starts singing.

"A place where even time got lost
Charmed by your flowing movements
Uncontrollably you spread within me
My gaze filled with nothing but you…"

Baekhyun's going crazy. He's definitely insane because what the hell, Loey's eyes were on him. Is his mind playing tricks on him? Because if yes, then it better stop because Baekhyun's having trouble breathing. Like this, with Loey's dark eyes on him, it felt like he was actually serenading him and it's not good for his mental health at all.

"My breathing comes short, like I might drown
But it's more comfortable that way, so I go deeper
Fall, fall, for you
I fall…"

Baekhyun finds himself able to finally breathe when the song comes to an end. He looks over at Kyungsoo and Luhan, who doesn't seem to notice anything peculiar. He sighs to himself. So that probably didn't happen. He was probably just hallucinating. If Loey had truly been looking his way, his friends would have been the first ones to notice.

The event goes on perfectly for the next few hours. As expected, Baekhyun and his friends enjoy it thoroughly, just like every other EXO concert that they have attended. When the concert finally comes to an end, Baekhyun feels a sort of emptiness inside his chest. He didn't want the night to end, absolutely in love with how extra passionate and intimate his idol has been throughout his performances.

"That was so amazing!" Luhan shouts as they make their way to the exit. "It's one of EXO's best performances, I swear!"

"Loey was amazing," Kyungsoo says. "I think I'm going to swerve- oww! Baekhyun what the ?!"

"Stick to your Kai," Baekhyun grumbles as he kneads his knuckles.

"You're too possessive, sheesh," Kyungsoo complains as he nudges Baekhyun with his shoulder.

"Ahhh, don't sulk~" Baekhyun coos as he suddenly wraps his arms around the other. "You know I love you~ Let's share Loey, alright? And you won't mind if I buy that fansite photobook filled with Kai's beautiful muscle shots right-"

Kyungsoo pushes him away. "Don't you even think about it!"

Baekhyun laughs out loud, but abruptly stops when he steps back and knocks into someone.

"Oh my god!" the person cries as her lightstick, water bottle and purse falls to the ground. Baekhyun immediately crouches down to pick her things up.

"I'm so so sorry!" Baekhyun apologizes profusely as he stands up and hands the stuff to the owner. "I didn't see you! I was just playing around with my friend and I seriously didn't mean-"

"It's okay! Don't worry about it, nothing is ruined anyway."

Wait, Baekhyun knows this voice.

Eyes wide, the brunette tilts his head up and gasps, covering his mouth when he sees who it is. The other person looks shocked as well as she points in disbelief at him.

"B-Baekhyun?!"

"T-Taeyeon?!"