Prince Charming and his Secret Antics

Tales of a Closeted Fanboy

In every cliché teen fiction stories, you will always expect the plot to revolve around certain highschool cliques. There are the nobodies - usually the protagonist. There are the jocks - usually a love interest and pretty dumb. Let's not forget the badass - a pest towards the protagonist and is always very annoying, but ends up with the goody-two-shoes protagonist anyway. Most cliché pairing. Then, there's the popular clique - usually the merciless ones with sharp, pink-polished nails and the antagonists, always out for the protagonist's blood.

Byun Baekhyun isn't one to conform, but he and everyone knows he belongs to the popular clique.

Baekhyun was almost everyone's highschool crush in his batch. Most people in the popular clique would take time glowing up from some snotty freshman into a senior heartthrob, but it didn't happen to Baekhyun. Upon stepping into the school for his first day in highschool, everyone was snatched by his undeniably ethereal looks and his unwavering charm that affected everyone around him from the start until the end of the day. Of course, some people would think he's just another flower boy in their midst but nope, Baekhyun proved them wrong. As the school year progressed, he showed what he was really capable of - straight As, a bright social life, rad parties, wild misadventures, hot girlfriends, and several heartbreaks. He was now considered the school's prince, and everyone along with the popular clique members worshipped him.

Baekhyun wasn't even close with them other than the occasional parties, but he was definitely a member of the popular clique. They gravitated towards him, pulling him to sit with them during lunch and to do stuff with them.

He only wanted to finish highschool peacefully, so he had no choice but to just go with the flow so as not to get crushed by the system.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now it isn't exactly a weird thing if people stare at you in the hallways every time you pass by - not to Baekhyun, at least. To other people, there's just something about their highschool prince that makes it hard not to stare. It's like he has the ability to attract your attention just by being there, by simoly existing. There is just something about his physical appearance mixed in with his easy-going yet brilliant personality that has you wrapped around his pretty fingers before you can even begin to realize it.

Our protagonist is just minding his own business, making his way down the hall to his locker, ignoring the people whose eyes were on him, when suddenly, a particular girl pops out of nowhere and clings to Baekhyun.

Startled, Baekhyun lets out a little yelp as he looks at the girl - who turns out to be his current girlfriend, Aeyoung.

"Good morning, Baekhyun!" she greets, her whole pretty face lighting up as she stares up at Baekhyun with adoration.

I'm prettier.

"Good morning," Baekhyun coolly says as he proceeds to reach out for his books with what he could while the little leech clings to him.

"Do you know what day today is?" Aeyoung says with that sickly sweet tone of hers, the one girls always use when they want something from him.

"What?" Baekhyun crudely answers, still busy with trying to remember his schedule for that day.

"You honestly don't know?"

"No."

Aeyoung pouts as she stomps her feet childishly as she tugs at Baekhyun's arm. He had to do all he could not to shove her away because she's seriously annoying him.

"I can't believe it!" Aeyoung cries. "We've been together for two months but you can't even remember?! Do you even care for me?!"

"What if I don't?" Baekhyun suddenly says in a low tone as he turns to face her after slamming his locker shut, leering at her with his handsome face twisted in irk. "It's not like you even care for me other than for my popularity and my ."

Aeyoung gasps, clearly offended of what he just said.

"T-That's not true!"

"All of you people are the same," Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he turns to walk away. He needs to get to class in ten minutes, or he's going to be late. The professor for the first subject isn't the type to forgive tardiness easily.

"We're not done yet, Byun Baekhyun!" Aeyoung shrieks from down the hallways, earning curious glances from the drama unfolding.

Baekhyun sighs. He did not like to cause drama, and he especially did not want to fuel it. But maybe today, he can give people a show to talk about.

"Then I'm breaking up with you," Baekhyun says, looking over his shoulder with a little smirk. "How about that? Now we're really done."

Pocketing his hands, Baekhyun proceeds to make his way to his classroom, ears picking up gossip about how he has lived up to his name again as Baekhyun, the school's prince charming and prime heartbreaker. It's not like he even wants to break people's hearts. It's not a game to him at all contrary to popular belief - it's just that it's hard to really fall into a serious relationship with shallow people, and it seems like Baekhyun's school is flooded with these kind of people.

"Why did you break up with Aeyoung?"

That is the first thing Jongdae, the closest person Baekhyun would call as a best friend in this school, asks him when he arrives in the classroom.

"Oh?" Baekhyun answers as he settles down. "It reached you that quick?"

"You know how gossip runs in this school," Jongdae grins. "Pretty darn ing fast."

Baekhyun chuckles as he leans against his chair. "She was being annoying."

"That's what you always say."

"It's not that deep, you know. People from this school are fools and shallow. Breaking up with them just because they are annoying is a reason valid enough."

Jongdae sighs. "You know, you never strike me as the edgy type when we first met."

"I'm more than what this pretty face has to offer."

During lunch, the two proceed to the cafeteria. Just like in chick films, the tables are divided by cliques. As for Baekhyun and Jongdae, they belong to the table at the farther side of the cafeteria, alleviated up a bit (for some reason that Baekhyun could never discern). There's always lots of people there, mostly jocks, cheerleaders and people who are popular for either their brilliance or beauty - or both, like Baekhyun.

"Can you guys scoot over?" Baekhyun says as he places his tray on the table. One of the girls push two jocks out of the bench so they could make way for him and Jongdae.

"Hey Byun, why weren't you at my party last weekend?" Jiyong, the alpha male of the whole clique, asks once he notices their arrival.

"I've got homework," Baekhyun crudely answers.

"What kind of answer is that?" Ara speaks up as her extra sips on a wine glass filled with coke.

"Baekhyun's lowkey a loser," Hansol supplies with a teasing little smirk.

"Well boo-hoo, does that mean you're going to kick me out and strip me of my privileges from now on?" Baekhyun deadpans, making those who heard him snicker.

"Don't let him fool you, he was probably ing someone," Jongdae offers oh-so-helpfully.

"We didn't really have to know that Jongdae but yeah, you're all good," Jiyong says, patting Baekhyun's back. "Make sure you go to the next one, though."

"Roger," Baekhyun says.

At some point during lunch hour, Baekhyun's disturbed by someone's body hitting the back of his chair. He doesn't notice it at first, more focused with his food than that.

"There's your stupid homework," a deep voice says as Baekhyun sees a folder being thrown in front of the person right across him, who was Miyoung. The girl shows a dazzling smile as she opens the folder then closes it.

"Ah, as expected from our artsy nerd," Miyoung snickers as she smirks up at the person behind Baekhyun.

"Now give me my phone," the person demands, his voice a bit on edge, probably angry.

Baekhyun displays an amused smile at Miyoung, who fishes out a phone from her bag then hands extends her arm out. Baekhyun feels the person's body against his back as he reaches out to grab the phone right out of her hand.

"Thankies," Miyoung says, sending a flying kiss towards the person then waves at him.

Baekhyun feels the body lean away, so he looks over his shoulder out of curiosity, only for him to see some senior who had always been sporting bright crazy colors (it was pastel blue this time). Deep brown eyes behind nerdy glasses greet him before the senior turns his broad back towards him and shuffles away with his bag and a sketchbook in hand.

"Who was that?" Baekhyun wonders out loud.

"Chanyeol, a loser from art class," Miyoung simply says. "Such a talented young man."

"So you stole his phone so he could do your homework?" Baekhyun chuckles.

"Well yeah," Miyoung answers with a shrug. "I mean, I don't really have the time to deal with such useless thing when I have my designer brand fragrances to fetch."

Classes that afternoon dragged on and on, like it usually does. Even someone who is usually attentive in class like Baekhyun can't resist the seductive lull of a nap when the professor isn't looking. But even if it felt like forever, just like everything else in this world, classes finally come to an end.

Eagerly, Baekhyun shoves his stuff and dashes out of the classroom even before his classmates could. He feels a bit guilty leaving Jongdae behind without the least even telling him he was already going home, but that doesn't stop him from getting on his bike and immediately drive down the path back home.

Now there's actually a specific eeason why Baekhyun broke up with Aeyoung awhile ago.

Usually, yes, as he has claimed, Baekhyun breaks up with people whenever they get too annoying for him to put up with. That also applies with Aeyoung, but it also has something to do with Baekhyun's plans that evening.

"Mom!" Baekhyun yells into his house as he dashes into the threshold and up the stairs.

"Baekhyun, you're home?!" he hears his mother call out as he rummages through his closet for something to cool yet attractive to wear.

"Yeah! I'm going back out in a bit though!"

"Where are you going?!"

"I'm going to EXO's concert! I'll be back by ten later!"

"Okay, take care!"

Yes, you've heard it right. 

Now there's something you need to know about Byun Baekhyun. It's been going on for the past two years, ever since freshman year. If anyone finds out about this, he'll be mocked to death by his peers.

You see, the Byun Baekhyun people view as the prince of their school wasn't exactly all that meets the eye. He had a secret, and it was that he idolized a boyband.

You'd be thinking that there's nothing wrong about that, but we're talking about idolizing here. Idolizing like as in stalking this certain boyband, buying every single album, posters filling his walls, knowing their schedule, being there for concert and fanmeets, wasting money for merchandise, crying over their perfection, running a fansite for them, reading fanfiction and all that jazz.

Yep, no one would think of that about Byun Baekhyun, right?

Just a few moments after Baekhyun successfully gets on a bus and settles onto a seat, he feels the phone in his pocket start to vibrate. He stretches his body, kind of awkwardly as he tries not to disturb the old woman next to him then takes it out.

"Byun Baekhyun!"

The brunette had to hold his phone away, eyes wide in surprise when he is instantly greeted by the shrill voices of his friends. Not the friends from school, but friends he met through the fandom.

"You guys didn't have to shout like that!" Baekhyun whines. "I can hear you just fine."

"Where the hell are you?" Kyungsoo, a fandom friend from Ilsan, almost yells once more into his ear.

"I'm still on the bus."

"Just because you're from Bucheon doesn't mean you can slack off like this!" This time it is Luhan scolding him, a fandom friend who comes all the way from China. He's filthy rich, that's why he could cross countries as much as he wants. "You should have left earlier!"

"I still value my education you know," Baekhyun sighs. "And it still starts in an hour."

"Just be thankful you have us saving you a spot in line," Kyungsoo says.

"Well of course, I bought tickets for you after all."

"Wow, you're actually counting? What a great friend."

"Stop whining, I'm already here."

Time before the concert always feels kind of too long. Even though Baekhyun can be called a veteran when it comes to attending these kinds of events, he always still feels so much anticipation. He's just glad he has his friends with him and the never-ending curious fangirls taking interest in fanboys like them.

"Oppa!" Baekhyun feels someone poke him from behind. He turns around to face a girl who is smiling at him.

"How can I help you?" Baekhyun asks politely. He is always nice and polite around his fellow EXO-L.

"Are you Radiant Cherry fansite master?" she asks excitedly.

"I am," Baekhyun confirms. "Why?"

"Can I take a picture with you? I love your pictures so much! I am a fan!"

Baekhyun exchanges amused looks with his friends. "Ah, that's not right. Everyone of us here are only fans of EXO, but yes of course."

The girl squeals excitedly as she whips out her phone and turns her back to Baekhyun, who leans over her shoulder.

"Oppa, can you take off your mask?"

Baekhyun shakes his head. "Sorry, I can't. I'm sick."

"Really?" the girl gives him a worried look. "Take medication!"

Baekhyun laughs, eyes turning into crescents. "Alright, alright."

When the arena starts to darken and they hear the sound of instruments coming through the speakers, the anticipation Baekhyun feels immediately melts and transforms into another type of raw emotion - excitement. EXO never fails to excite him every time they go on stage.

With the whole arena submerged into darkness, the members would be revealed starting off from Kris, the hot foreign drummer who would do a fancy show on the drums. Next would be Kai, the y beast of a bassist who would drive everyone wild with his seductive smirks and the way he strums the strings, creating sounds as alluring as him. Kai would then be followed up by Sehun, the guitarist sculpted by the gods themselves. His skilled fingers would run across the strings in a tantalizing way, making sounds that reach deep into everyone's bones. Last but not the least is Loey, Baekhyun's bias, the main vocalist with the voice of pure velvet and eargasm trigger. Besides that, Baekhyun finds him as the most handsome man on earth. He would literally spread his legs any day for him.

Whoops, did he just admit his actual uality?

"Oh god, I feel like dying all over again!" Luhan cries, actual tears dripping down his eyes as he lifts his banner up.

"This is lit," Kyungsoo announces with a straight face as he just continues to wave his lightstick, looking more like he's going to whack someone.

"Luhan get out of the way," Baekhyun grumbles, aiming his camera at Loey who is starting to walk down their side of the stage, separating from s who go to separate sides of the stage to sing a serenade. His fingers fly rapidly, capturing every single moment, every single move that his bias makes. He doesn't even notice at first when Loey crouches in front of him, reaching for his cam. Baekhyun doesn't comply, just continuing on snapping. His friends were staring at him like he was an idiot, yet they do nothing because they were shook as well. Loey gives him a mischievous look as he pouts his lips and brings a piece sign up. It was only then when Baekhyun finally realizes that Loey is interacting with him. He leans away in a daze, staring at the idol who smiles at him and reaches out, demanding his camera. Of course, Baekhyun does as he is told and hands it to the man.

Baekhyun helplessly watches as Loey skips away happily, spoiling his camera roll with cute selfies of himself, even fiddling around and probably putting it on video mode. His fanboy heart cries in crippling agony as Loey does all sorts of cute things before ending it with a kiss.

At the end of the song, Loey walks back over to Baekhyun's side. For a moment, he looks over to their direction, with a bunch of fans reaching out trying to get their hands on the camera. He shakes his head, continuing to walk along the side until he makes it to their section.

"Get the cam! Get the cam!" Kyungsoo shrieks, pushing Baekhyun who is still frozen. This shakes the boy into moving forward to claim his camera which is getting fought over. Thankfully, Loey recognizes that he's the owner of the cam so when he walks close to the stage, Loey stretches it out to him.

The idol mouths something like him that seemed like "Enjoy" before he winks and saunters away.

Right after the concert, Baekhyun's friends wouldn't stop shrieking into his ear.

"You're so ing lucky!" Kyungsoo yells. "Why can't my bias be Loey? I'm in love with the bassist and I'm not having any luck, he seems to hate interacting with fans."

"I'm sure he's just shy," Luhan laughs as he slaps the other's arm. "Anyway, are you going to upload those?"

"Of course," Baekhyun says, surprisingly calm as he tucks away his camera into his backpack.

"Really?" Kyungsoo says. "Other fans wouldn't."

"Loey isn't my property," Baekhyun chuckles. "Everyone deserves a share of his love. And there's my ride."

"See you soon!" Kyungsoo and Luhan bades him after tackling him into a hug, waving him off the bus disappeared into the distance.

Baekhyun's been acting calm and collected, but right when he steps into his room, he lets his feels out in an explosion of his heart channelled out by a his scream.

"LOEY THAT SON OF A I'M ING IN LOVE HOW WILL I LIVE ON KNOWING YOU ING NOTICED ME NOW I'M JUST GOING TO HOPE YOU MARRY ME SOON ANDSHJSKSKSKALA!"

A punch resonates from the door. It was Baekhee, who had woken up from Baekhyun's violent fit.

"CAN YOU ING SHUT UP YOU HOMO IN DENIAL SOME OF US IN THIS HOUSE ARE TRYING TO ING SLEEP!"

Well good for them because Baekhyun won't be having some tonight.