Chapter Five

Mrs. & Mrs. Kang

“Yeah I’m fine”

“Cool ready?” Seulgi held out her hand.

“Yeah just give me a second,” Joohyun walked back into the house to go get her phone and purse. “Ready, babe,” she said as she came back and took Seulgi outstretched hand. “Ready to act like your death was sudden, not ready to sit across from you for an hour and eat dinner with you,” Joohyun thought to herself as she got into the car with her wife.

“So any place in particular you want to go today, babe?” Seulgi asked starting a typical conversation they had when trying to decide where to eat.

“Um, no not really,” Joohyun said as she cleared . If she kept on acting like this Seulgi was sure to know that something was up, and it wasn’t like Joohyun could confide in her either. What was she supposed to say, “Hey remember when you asked if I had seen a ghost earlier? Well you wouldn’t be half wrong because you were supposed to be dead, and a more important factor of your death is that I was supposed to be the one that killed you.” What a mouthful.

So that’s how Bae Joohyun, legally Kang Joohyun now, ended up across from her wife eating a sandwich. After the recommendation from Seulgi who innocently informed her that “a new sandwich pub had opened and her friend Wendy said it was quite good.”

Crazy how think would have been a lot different if Joohyun’s plan had worked. For one Seulgi wouldn’t be sitting across from her. Secondly, her mission would finally be complete. Good for her. Terrible for Seulgi. Now that she thinks about it there was never a clear reason given to her for why she had to kill the woman. Why does her agency want her to kill a civilian? Maybe it was a good thing that Seulgi managed to survive her attempt at her life. Which how did she do that again?

“You’ve been zoning more than usual today. Are you sure you are alright?” Seulgi asked pulling Joohyun out of her thoughts.

Joohyun smiled at her wife and replied, “Of course babe, stop worrying so much.”

“How am I supposed to not worry? I’m always concerned about you, you are my wife you know.”

It’s times like this when Joohyun felt her heart quicken because of Seulgi it was weird how that happened sometimes. Especially since Joohyun claims she has zero feelings towards the younger woman in front of her.

Seulgi on the other hand was setting her trap to basically interrogate Joohyun. It helped that she had caught the woman off guard by just showing up at their house. That allowed her to really study her wife’s expressions and write her questioning of them off as her playing the role of a caring spouse.

At first Seulgi thought the plan to marry Joohyun was a bit excessive but for some reason it adds a whole new thrill to the boring old spy routine. Who knew making an enemy squirm like this would be so appealing to Seulgi, but now she is thinking that she should see how this all plays out.

Seulgi starts out by asking Joohyun about her job a little more than usual. On any other day the mono-lidded woman keeps the question to the bare minimum due to not wanting the questions to be turned back on her but today, she thinks it’ll be more fun to be more in depth about it.

“So Joohyun, how’s work been lately?” Seulgi asked the question as nonchalantly as possible while leaning back in the chair putting her hands on the back of her head. Of course Seulgi knew the basics of what Joohyun told her, an interior designer of sorts, but now that Seulgi knows that was all a lie she wants to ask some questions to see how good Joohyun’s skills are.

“You know the same old same old.”

“Any new houses that you had to decorate, or anything”

“Yeah actually, there was a couple that was around 30 years old that asking me to make their house feel like a home. So I talking to them to try and if I could get any inspiration from them to see what to decorate the house with.”

“Were you able to find something that would work for them.”

“Yea, albeit a little more difficult I was able to find out that they were fans of old time music and record players, kind of like you, and so I made the house have more a retro feel to it,” Joohyun gave all this information to Seulgi even smiling when mentioning her wife. The one that she had tried to kill this morning. Everyone has those types of days, right?

Seulgi was intently looking at her wife the whole trying to catch her do something that would tell her that she had slipped up. However, her wife was a good agent it seemed because it was hard to tell that her wife was lying. She now knew that her wife was anything but a interior designer, but anyone who was listen to the conversation wouldn’t doubt her occupation for a moment. Seulgi stopped her questioning of her wife then, and they continued to have a normal conversation about whatever they happen to talk about.

Seulgi and Joohyun left the sandwich shop and the monolid women dropped her wife off back at their house and walked her to the door.

“Got to go back off to would babe,” Seulgi told her wife this as she grabbed her by the waist to pull her closer and kiss her goodbye.

“Uhm, you never done that before, why the sudden change?” Joohyun said putting her arms around Seulgi’s shoulders.

“Well I thought I would try something new, spice it up a little, no?” Seulgi arrogantly replied, just trying to lay another part of her trap.

Both parties leaned in again to participate in another lip lock. Crazy how on the outside the two of them looked like a couple that was as close to perfect as could be. Glady no looked to close under the mask that each other had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter for you guys. Let me know if you have any ideas for the story.