Prologue

Mrs. & Mrs. Kang

“Do you Kang Seulgi take Bae Joohyun as your lawfully wedded wife?”  

“I do,” I said as I told myself to keep my best fake smile on my face for the ceremony. The person that I was supposedly getting married to right now is someone who is nothing but a task to me. A pretty task I admit. Everyone, even those without eyes, new that Bae Joohyun was pretty. Hell, she was drop dead gorgeous even. However, the person standing across from me was my enemy at least in this life. Had it been in another I might have been happy about this situation, I mean Joohyun not a bad person after all. She is actually really nice and thoughtful, always cooking and ironing my clothes while we were “dating”. Truth be told I guess that’s why I didn’t complete my mission before any of the marriage stuff popped up. Yet of course I didn’t tell my boss that, I told him that it was better that way I could get information about her organization and then take all of them out, so in all a win-win situation for him. So she proposed.

(Little did Seulgi know that this was a win-win situation for her too because in all honesty Seulgi was a love-sick puppy but is still in her high-key state of denial.)

“Do you Bae Joohyun take Kang Seulgi as your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do,” replied a soft voice that belong to the women standing in front of Seulgi. She was thinking mostly in the same way as the single-lidded women but with less thought process because she already had accepted that she had fallen for the orange haired women, but nothing going to get in the way of her doing her job, so we’ll leave it at that for now. At this point the minister was going on a long rant about young love and it’s beauty, to which the raven had to hold in an eye roll because of course this would have to happen when she just wanted this to be over. Looking back at it all Joohyun doesn’t know why she let things get this far, sure she had hard feelings for the other woman but that doesn’t erase the fact the she has a file at her house with a big red x on a picture of Seulgi, but for now she can pretend that ever existed. In reality this the wedding of Joohyun’s dreams, the perfect outdoor scene with lots pretty flowers and beautiful trees to look at and the white a blue color scheme they opted out for was absolutely the correct choice because Joohyun looked stunning in her white wedding gown, while Seulgi looked amazing in her sky blue suit.

“You may now kiss the bride,” those words pulled both parties out of their thoughts and into reality. The looked each other in the eye before the leaned and shared a kiss. It was natural to them by now they had dated for the better part of two years after locating each other. They, luckily lived in the same city, Seoul, and with a little research on Joohyun’s part she was about to quickly find out the younger girl’s favorite pub. Seulgi had approached her first, and to Joohyun’s surprise, flirted with the raven that was sitting at the bar offering to buy her a drink. With curiosity in her eyes Joohyun accept the offer and they begun to have a little but if small talk, in the name of work of course. As the night dragged on the pair found themselves to be a tiny bit tipsy and had grown a fondness of each other that wasn’t supposed to be their for the type of mission they were ordered to complete. But nature took it’s course with then and the task at hand for both of them but buried into the back of their heads. Forgotten. No. Temporarily not thought about. Yes. They begun to date and through every fantastic day to ever terrible day the hit they had out for each other was never acted upon.

Now here they are, fast forward a couple years and you’ll see the same couple having their last dance of the night slowly swaying together looking like the perfect couple. Somehow you could say they were, if they weren’t at each other’s head all the time, I mean couples fight all the time. Though not all couple actually want each other’s heads, or at least not in the same way Seulgi and Joohyun wanted each other’s.

Off to the side you can see three bridesmaids crying like there’s no tomorrow all in the same sky blue dresses. The blonde on the far left, Wendy, was Seulgi’s best friend and couldn’t believe that her bear like friend had finally tied the knot, and didn’t expect it to be with someone like Joohyun. Wendy thought the raven was far out of her friends league. The tall one in the middle, Joy, friends first with Joohyun but had grown to build a great relationship with Seulgi was crying because she thought Joohyun was crazy for settling down. Now who was she going to go drinking with all the time? The youngest of the them all on the right, Yeri, was crying because the cake that they had at the party was amazing and she could not get enough of it. But she was still happy for her friends, just she really loves the wedding cake.

“Look at those two,” Wendy managed to say through her tears, “Their just so beautiful.” Wendy pulled out a camera and started to take multiple pictures of the couple who were still out on the dance floor. “This one is for the photo album!” She exclaimed as she held the camera too her heart.

“Stop being such a sap,” Joy said as she slapped Wendy’s arm.

“Hey, you’re crying too you know!”

“That’s because I don’t have a drinking buddy anymore, not with this one being all married and stuff!” Joy yelled as she pointed at Joohyun, who had laid her head on Seulgi shoulder and was in a loose hug with the monolids arms around her.  

“Yeah, whatever.”

“I’m just here the cake,” Yeri said finally speaking up.

“It was good,” Joy mindlessly replies.

With this the talking among the three is brought from minimal to none as they just watch the newlywed couple in front of them. They all smile as the watch their two friends have the happiest night of their lives, or so they believed. They weren’t aware of the mission the two eldest had and the other people at the wedding didn’t have a clue either. As of now all that can be said is that the Kang’s hold more that what meets the eye.