Chapter 8

Black Rose

Hi guys, it's been a almost 3 years since I updated this story... I took time off because i lost someone very important to me in 2019 and I had important exams in 2020. I hope you could understand that it wasn't easy losing someone and accepting the fact that they will not be there anymore when you come home. Back to the story, I edited the previous chapters and changed some details as well as corrected some grammar mistakes. It would be a good idea for you to go back and read everything from the top. Sorry for not updating and thanks for not unsubscribing! I hope I have improved now as compared to when I wrote the first 7 and a half chapters when I was 14. I will try my best to update as much as possible but it will take sometime for me to rethink about the plot. Also, exo members are slowly all going into the military TT . TT 
 

Love,

Xin

 

 

I walked out of the door and Dokyeom was there. 

 

​​​​"Did you pass?" 

 

I nodded and he handed me a bottle of water. I gulped down water hungrily. After throwing the bottle in the recycling bin, Dokyeom grabbed my arm and pulled me to the next room and shoved me inside.

I tripped and fell onto the ground. I got up and glared at the door while rubbing my sore arm. Likewise, in this room, there is a set of uniform. I walked closer to the uniform and changed into it.

*it's a judo uniform?*

I walked to the center of the room suspiciously, afraid that something like the taekwondo match earlier would happen.

​​​The door opened and a line of girls walked in. It was quite obvious that they were of different weight class. Dokyeom walked in with a weighing scale. 

"Determine her weight class. I'll be waiting outside. "

​I stripped down to only my undergarments and stood on the weighing scale. 

"47kg." 

​​"You're in the under 48kg class. Hye in, go ahead." 

One girl stepped forward and the rest filed out of the room. We bowed at each other and stood at our places. 

"Start." 

We walked around the mat, looking for a chance to strike. I grabbed her right collar and kept my hand steady on her left collar. She did the same and we pulled at each other. (This is to test each other's strength.)

​​​Just when we were about to hit one minute, she tried to perform a circular throw on me. I threw myself to the side and my back partially touched the mat. 

​​​"Stop." the referee commanded. 

​​We parted ways and went to our ends of the mat. I fixed my uniform, panting. Hair sticked to my forehead because of my sweat and I slicked them back. 

"Half point." 

I internally groaned. To say I was ed was an understatement. If I don't score at least half a point in 2 minutes. I'm losing this match. I relaxed my body and the referee urged us to continue. 

I paced around my opponent with newfound determination. I grabbed her collar and pulled with all my strength and executed a shoulder throw in a blink of eye. She landed on her back with a surprised expression.

​​​​"One point." ( When you score one full point, the match is over.) 

I offered my hand and she took it. I pulled her up. Going back to the ends of the mat, we bowed at each other and shook hands. 

​​​"You passed. The art you will be in is Martial Arts. I'll put you in the MMA section. See you tomorrow at this time and at this place." the referee informed me. 

​​I bowed to the referee and changed my clothes, panting heavily and staggering out of the room. Not to lie, that was the heaviest work out I have done in a few months. 

​​​​​"So how was it? Did you win?" a merciless enslaught of questions was directed and me and I could only nod my head tiredly. 

​​​I went to the nearest vending machine and gulped down yet another bottle of water. The bell rang and I groaned. Time for class again. I waved at Dokyeom and pulled out the timetable that Blaze gave me. 

Grade evaluation. Interesting. 

I shrugged and followed the directions to another empty room. In front of it, there was a huge crowd of people that I have seen from the first class. I spotted Hye in, the girl I fought with just now. She offered me a smile and I smiled back. 

Two teachers walked out of the room and told us to line up in alphabetical order of our names. I did as told and lined up. 

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Professor Lee Teuk and this is Professor Kim Hee Chul." Professor Lee said, smiling. 

"We are going to call you in one by one. Come in with all of your protectors." Professor Kim said. 

I sat down on the floor as I waited for my turn. It was quite far back.

" The grades you can get are S, A, B, C, F and very unlikely U. You will go through a series of tests with your protectors. Now, Byun Chae Min, please come in." Professor Lee stated and walked into the room with the student that stood up. 
 

Minutes later, Chae Min walked out with a smile on his face. 
 

"Write your grade down next to your name when you have finished. " Professor Kim said. 
 

Students entered and left the room one by one, some with smiles and the others in tears. I was dozing off because of exhaustion until I heard my name being called. I walked into the room with my petals and stood in front of Professor Lee. I summoned Suho, Kyungsoo, Kai and Chanyeol as he said and put their petals into my pocket. 
 

"Since you have four protectors with you, you will take five tests. Four of them will be related to your protectors' abilities and the last one will be testing your own abilities." Professor Lee said. 
 

" Now, when you're ready. Let the tests begin."