Chapter 2

Black Rose

I slowly followed the person doubtfully. He does not look much older than me, is he a senior?

With much curiosity, I took the opportunity to check out the campus grounds. It was the most incredible campus I have been to; the sheer size of the campus had my mouth hanging open as we walked past buildings that looked like mansions.

I did not manage to get a good look at my surroundings while I was in the cab as I was busy rejecting the gift the cab driver gave me, but I did realize that to reach this place, we had to drive down a narrow long road on a bridge leading to what seems like a separate city away from Seoul.

The person walking in front of me suddenly stopped and I bumped into his back, not paying attention to where I was going.

"Sorry about that. Nice to meet you, my name is Lee Seok Min, or you can call me DK. I am a year 3 student and currently serving as the student council president." DK flashed a big, charming smile at me as he stuck his hand out. 

I was right about him being a senior after all, but are all students so good-looking here?

"I'm Jeon Harim. Nice to meet you too." I smiled back and shook his hand, a slight pink tint creeping up my cheeks.

"Do you know why you are enrolled in this academy? You seem to be very lost." He asked, taking the handle of my luggage from me.

I muttered a thank you and told him that I did not apply to this academy.

"Hmmm, interesting. So, you know nothing about our world?" He came to a stop again, with me stopping in my tracks in time to not face plant into his back again.

"What do you mean our world? " I shook my head, confusion visible on my face.

"I will explain more when we get to your house." He said, continuing to walk deeper into the campus grounds.

The mansions started becoming bigger and bigger further down the road. The trees around the place started to become more dense and had a variety of colours.

"It’s in the middle of winter why are the leaves red like it’s in autumn, I saw cherry blossoms just now, they are not supposed to be in season now, wait, what? House?” I spluttered in disbelief, questions pouring out of me endlessly.

"The headmaster told me to bring you to the best house here. I guess you are a very important person then." He said, “I will answer your questions later, let’s get to the house first.”

We continued walking in silence for a few more minutes before stopping in front of a gate. I gasped in disbelief. The house in front of me boasted three stories, its white marble exterior standing out amongst the other places I have walked past just now. There were no more houses within the vicinity.

Opening the gate with a key, DK mentioned for me to go in first. I walked in slowly and took a moment to take everything. A stretch of blue caught my eye as I stared at the huge rectangular pool at the front yard. I was flabbergasted. This is not a house; this is a whole mansion.

"This is the dormitory?” I asked, pointing at the mansion.

He flashed me his bright smile once again and I was not going to lie, I swore my heart fluttered a little. Just a little.

"It’s your own house, which you will be staying alone in. Well, not exactly alone but let us go inside before I explain anything." With big strides, DK made his way to the mansion in big strides, where he unlocked the door and proceeded to hand me the keys after that.

DK grabbed my arm gently and pulled me to the white sofa, leaving me no time to look around the interior. I sat down in a daze as Dk waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

“Listen carefully to whatever I am going to say now, Harim,” DK said, a smile dropping from his face.

A sudden serious mood enshrouded us. I gulped, nodding at his words. I took a pillow next to me and clutched it tightly in my arms. What is going on?

"Have you never ever heard of the terms Valaen and Ivise?" DK asked, staring at me.

I shook my head in confusion, eyebrows furrowed.

"I can’t believe you are just thrown into this without information. “DK sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Well, don’t worry because I am the best person to explain this to you. This is the reason the headmaster asked me to you anyway.”

"Let us start from the beginning. Everyone knows, the first man and woman to walk this earth is Adam and Eve.” He said, looking at me to make sure I understand.

I nodded, this much I know.

"After Adam and Eve had children, there was one child whom they thought could not reproduce. Her name is Valaen.” DK explained, continuing after seeing me nod. “As she was thought to not be able to carry on the human race, she was thrown out of her family mercilessly and was left to die on the shores of the sea.”

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Days passed, while she starved on the shores of the sea. She saw a lone white rose on a nearby wilted bush and plucked it out. She took a closer look at the rose and discovered symbols on each petal. She counted the petals and there were exactly twelve of them."

"Ok, she found a rose while she was dying and there were symbols on the petals. Got that." I summarised his words, disregarding the absurdity of his words.

"She was curious as to why there were symbols on them so she plucked a petal to take a better look and blew on it gently to see if the symbol would come off. Suddenly, a man materialized in front of her and kneeled immediately.” DK continued, “Valaen was shocked. When she asked him his name and he bowed and said that he did not have one, and asked Valaen to name him. She pondered for a long while and named him Ivise.” He turned to me.

"Ivise," I whispered, trying to memorize what he said.

"In short, she blew on all the petals and eleven more men appeared in front of her. It turned out that they had supernatural abilities and she eventually survived with the powers of those men. The symbols represented their abilities. She discovered that she was able to break through a second barrier and achieve powers by herself. She then found a man that she loved and managed to give birth to a healthy baby girl. After her parents passed away, she reunited with her siblings and showed them what she could do. However, some of her siblings' children could also do the same thing that she did. Due to her being the first to discover this phenomenon, she continued her bloodline as the first Valaen. Her bloodline is the purest and strongest and any child born from her bloodline will be a strong receiver, if not, the strongest in the generation. Many years later, new terms were made. Valaen are more commonly referred to as Receivers which is what we are and Ivise are referred to as Protectors. He finished explaining proudly,

I stared at him blankly.

"This is a joke, right? There is no way that is true and what do you mean that we are Valaen? I am just human. A Homosapien." I asked, appalled at his words.

"Well, I will show you proof then." With that, he whipped out a sunflower and showed me the flower with colourful petals.

What an accurate representation of him. 

He plucked a petal with a flame-looking symbol and blew on it softly. A man with black hair and red eyes with battle scars all over his toned body appeared out of thin air and bowed to DK. DK nodded at him.

"What can I do for you, master?' The man asked with a surprisingly gentle and soft voice.

"Nothing, Blaze, you are dismissed," DK said. 

Blaze bowed again and disappeared.

"Where did he go?" I asked curiously, whipping my head around to look for the man.

"Back inside the petal." He proceeded to throw the petal in the air, and it floated to the stalk and attached itself to the flower again.

"I got to go to attend the council meeting, but just remember this. The flower that truly belongs to you attracts you immediately and it can be any kind, any colour, and any symbol. The petals could be scattered anywhere too. Some advice for you, search your house thoroughly." He said before nodding at me and seeing himself out of the door.

____

Back to 3rd person POV

Harim gave him a small wave and sat back down. She sat on the sofa for a while trying to take all the newfound information in.

What just happened? Harim cannot deny that everything DK said might not be nonsense. After all, she saw his protector, in front of her eyes.

With a sigh, Harim walked back to the shoe rack and changed into slippers, beginning to drag her luggage upstairs. Even the steps on the stairs were marble. What greeted her was a long hallway with multiple doors. She counted the doors slowly. There are 11 doors.

All the doors are white with different coloured doorknobs. Harim left her luggage on the second floor and climbed to the third floor. On the third floor, there are three doors, one black door, one wooden door, and one red door. While the wooden door and red door had silver doorknobs, the black door had a golden doorknob. She walked towards the black door, noticing a latch on the ceiling beside the door.

Tired, Harim disregarded the latch and opened the black door. What greeted her was a room with a king bed in the middle, covered in lilac bedsheets. The walls of the room were a soft milky white colour. There were another 2 doors in the room, both black. Harim opened the door on the right, peeking into a spacious bathroom with a bathtub.

“Even the bathroom tiles are marble,” Harim mumbled under her breath, opening the other door on the left.

It was a walk-in wardrobe. Harim climbed back downstairs and brought her luggage to her room. She unpacked her stuff, changed into a hoodie and sweatpants, and held her clothes in her hand, making her way downstairs.

She arrived on the first floor and opened every door she saw till she found a laundry room and tossed her clothes into the laundry basket next to the washing machine.

“What now.” Harim stood in the middle of the living room, hands on her hips.

Harim remembered DK telling her to explore her house and she grabbed the keys to the house, made her way to the front door, and changed into outdoor slippers. She walked to the front lawn and took a seat on one of the benches.

___

Harim’s POV

I looked around the front lawn, marveling at the well-kept greenery and huge swimming pool. Suddenly, I felt a pull that drew me to the most secluded part of the lawn, the furthest away from the house.

I walked towards the bush and bent down, reaching my hand out. I felt something prick me as I withdrew my hand to see beads of blood rolling down my finger. I took a closer look at the bush. Looking closer, I gasped, it was a black rose with symbols.

I slowly plucked it out, staring at it, in a trance. The rose is breathtakingly beautiful. I randomly plucked a petal with a blue outline of a water droplet. The next second, all of the other petals detached themselves and flew away. I tried to grab them, but they were gone faster than I could react. I sighed in defeat and blew on the only petal I had. I jumped when a man with black hair and soft features materialized in front of me and kneeled on one knee. 

"I am at your service, master."

 

 

____

A/N 

What the members will look like will be my favorite era of them. I went feral during these eras. Feral.

Xiumin – Obsession

Luhan - Wolf

Suho - Cream Soda 

Lay – Monster

Baekhyun – Lotto

Chen – Call me baby

Chanyeol – Kokobop

D.O. – Love me right

Kai – Love shot

Sehun – Universe

Tao – Growl