PROLOGUE

Love or Dead Game [COMPLETED]

                                    POROLOGUE

I was walking through the dark. I don't know where I am but my legs are telling me to go on. Suddenly someone grabbed me by hand. I don't know who is he. But my brain ordered me to follow him. I followed him to an old palace. I believe that once this palace was beautiful. Now it looks kind of scary. There is no sign of a single figure. All I can see dark black.

That man went in and I followed him. When I stepped in and that time I noticed the man who lead me here wasn't with me anymore. But I keep walking. I stop when I see a man standing a little far away from me. I can't see his face cause the place was dark. I suddenly start walking towards him. Everything was happening so quickly that my brain couldn't process what to do or not.

"Leave or else you will die"

I don't know who's voice it is but it brought me into reality. I want to run but I feel like my legs are paralyzed. I can't move. And that when the man turn around to only look at me suffering to escape from here. I couldn't see his face clearly. But I can guess he isn't that old. It's not feeling so good. The way he was looking at me, it was scaring me to death. I just want to run away from here. But I can't. The man slowly started coming to me.

The closer he gets the more I am getting scared. I closed my eyes and started shouting. I want to run. Tears escaped my closed eyelids.

"Anna are you okay?" Lexi's voice snapped me out. I could recognize her voice. Finally I felt comfortable to see her. 

I hugged her tightly as I was crying.

"It's ok Anna. It's just a nightmare again" Lexi comforted me.

Lexi my roommate. She knows me so well. Even about my past. So she knows how to comfort me.

I always had nightmares since my mom and dad passed away. One of my uncle wanted to kill me because he had some problems with my dad that I clearly don't know. I don't even want to remember that night. I was playing when the phone rang. I received the call. My parents were outside, they had promised me that if I behaved as a good girl while they were outside, they would give me a new doll. It was my dad's number but it wasn't my dad. The person didn't say me that time my parents got in accident cause I was to young to bear that pain. I heard it from my uncle. He came to our house that night.

"Anna, we need to go to the hospital"

"Why uncle?"

"Your parents got in an accident. I was thinking if they aren't now alive then why should you live" He laughed.

I was scared. I run to my room and locked it. My uncle started knocking the door. With each knock the sound is getting louder and little me started crying.

I don't how I survived that night and when I woke up the next day I was already in hospital. My aunt, my mom's friend informed me that I am safe now and my uncle is in jail.

That was not worse than any nightmares. I admitted to a boarding school and after I moved here, I started living on my own.

While living here I got a new addiction and it's playing games. Every game I played, I took them as a challenge. I never wanted to fail, now all I wish in my life is success. I want to move on.

"Hey are you coming with us" I asked Jammy, my another roommate. I put my jacket on. After a long time, it's really freezing in Korea.

"No Liam will pick me" She replied.

The time we entered the class Jhonny clings to me. My only gaming partner. He was obviously a cool person.

"What do you want now?" I giggled.

"A new game has arrived and I know you will want to play"

"You already know my answer baby" I said as I sat on my seat.

"3 pm at my home then?" He winked. He wasn't asking me, he was actually saying me.

"Sure" I flashed a smile at him.

After our class ended the girls decided to go back at hostel while I decided to go with Jhonny.

"So I can't believe that you didn't start playing this" I said as I touch the game card. It's one heck of card that only creepy games have. Well I don't care at least it will keep me busy. Better than staying at hostel, I would really like to play this.

"Nope" His gaze was also on the card.

The card was about the game rules.  Rules are simple.

It says the first rule is

"Don't break the rules"

I read out and we exchanged looks. Jhonny's expression says that he is ok with it. And I raised my eyebrow.

"What?" He asked.

"They don't know me. I can cheat there's none can stop me. And what with don't break rules. It's creepy."

"Should we play?"

"Why not?"

"First read all the rules"

"Forget it. We gotta know when start playing"

We was about to start the game but electricity was gone. Jhonny started worrying about me cause he knows I am afraid of darkness. He comes closer and hold me tightly.

"It's ok. I am here" He assured.

"I know see I am not crying today"

"Let's drop the plan for today?" He asked.

"Ok" I nod.

I got scared when the light comes out from the game screen.

"We didn't start it. Then how?" Jhonny looks confused.

"Maybe it's a hint to start it right now" I looked at him smirking.

"Anna you are hard to read. But you sure we should? The electricity didn't even come yet." He looked worried.

I was taken aback for a while. Yes how the it got started automatically. But it's not a horror movie right? So maybe it has some functions that could actually work even without electricity? It actually can be. I am just sharing the logic.

I took a deep breath.

"Yes. We should"

My life taught me to take challenges and I will take this one too.