Happy Endings not Guarenteed

At the end of the Line There's you

Jeonghan just stood there stunned, no doubt blinking stupidly since his voice wasn’t cooperating with him, and his dumb mouth wasn’t forming words like it was supposed to.

Seungkwan answered for him. He laughed and shook his head. “No. He’s here for moral support. Jeonghan hyung doesn’t believe in soulmates and all that stuff.”

The vision of beauty nodded. “That’s understandable. Not everyone puts faith into it.” He still smiled at Jeonghan though, “There’s a seat for you over there.” Joshua waved towards an arm chair that was placed at an angle, facing a table and two other chairs.

Dumbly, Jeonghan simply sat on the chair without even protesting or giving the guy a rejoinder on why he didn’t think soulmates didn’t even exist. Why was he so dumbfounded? The guy was pretty to be sure but what the Yoon Jeonghan. In his head he wanted to scream at himself for acting so weird but he just sat there. Staring, like a damn creeper while his heart thumped loudly.

Sitting in front of Seungkwan, Joshua kept up that smile. “This might be a dumb question but it’s a necessary one. What can I do for you today? Why are you here in my store?”

“I want to find my soulmate.” Seungkwan looked half eager and half embarrassed. “I searched through a lot of sites reviews and you came up.”

“Only good things I hope,” Joshua teased with a soft laugh.

He nodded. “A lot of good things. Pricing wise and a lot of them mentioned how you were unobtrusive.”

Humming, Joshua nodded. “It’s not my place to in or to give you advice on anything. The only thing you as my customer or any customer has asked for when they come to me asking to find their soulmate is jus that. I’m going to find your soulmate, tell you who you’re connected to, and that’s the end.”

“You don’t promise a happy ending?” Jeonghan asked, unable to hide his derision, snapping out of his daze. He in his bought of pettiness when Seungkwan said he was going to see a soulmate seeker, snarked about happy endings.

Joshua turned to look at him. “Happy endings aren’t things that fall into someone’s lap Jeonghan-ssi. Happy endings, even with soulmates have to be worked for. People have to work at a relationship to make it a happy one. You just don’t get together with your soulmate and things fall into place like a fairy tale. Promising that would be a lie.” He frowned, his brows furrowing. “You get to know your soulmate if you can since some people don’t even want to bother with their soulmate. It’s like any other relationship, you work up to the happy ending. I don’t promise anything other than I’ll find them because anything else is beyond the realm of my powers and entirely up to the people themselves.”

Jeonghan let out a small oh. Going by Seungkwan’s little snicker, he just got schooled. And he rarely ever got schooled.

“You do realize that I hope,” Joshua said, looking at Seungkwan. “It’s in my disclaimer on my website and the contract you’ll have to sign before I do any work at all.” Taking a folder out from the side table, Joshua continued, “There are limits on what I can do and what I will be willing to do. If you can’t agree to the terms I won’t be doing any work for you.”

“I know,” Seungkwan said. “I researched thoroughly.” His ears took on a red tint, “I’m here at a chance to find the one. It’s ok if nothing comes of it. I just need to know if I have one at all. If I’m lov—” he cut himself off, biting on his lip.

Jeonghan bit back some choice words himself. He knew Seungkwan wouldn’t like if he gave his words of comfort here, not in front of some guy they barely knew. Seungkwan’s own securities would stay within their little circle of friends.

Joshua didn’t say anything though; he simply put out his hand and patted Seungkwan’s. “Let’s get the paperwork out of the way and then we can talk about nitty gritty.”

“Yea,” Seungkwan said, a tiny smile lifting his lips.

Sitting in that chair, Jeonghan felt powerless. If anyone deserved to be happy it was Boo Seungkwan. He’d have to make sure this guy didn’t lead Seungkwan on. Even if Joshua looked so nice and so damn lovely. Jeonghan wasn’t going to let him take advantage of Seungkwan’s vulnerabilities.