Why are we here?

At the end of the Line There's you

Jeonghan eyed the shop they were about to enter warily. He was skeptical of all the babble and the trend of finding one’s soulmate. Hell, he didn’t even believe in soulmates. So, seeing all the new dramas, the ads, almost everything go on and on about soulmates was damn annoying. People around him fed into it and gushed about the idea of soulmates. It was a damn trend and it made Jeonghan want to throw up.

But funnily enough, he was currently standing in front of a store. A store that was run by what was essentially a soulmate seeker. The person claimed to have the ability to see the so called red thread that bound soulmates together.

“I can’t wait,” Seungkwan said softly, shivering in anticipation.

Right. That’s why Jeonghan was here.

“Let’s go,” he grinned, walking straight in without looking back at Jeonghan to see if he was following at all.

“Seungkwan,” he said, frustration clear, “wait for a minute will you.”

Frowning, Seungkwan stopped and turned his head. “What?”

“Are you sure you want to waste your money on this?” Waving his hand at the sign, Jeonghan raised his brows, “Like do you really thing this person can really see it?” He bit back the last part of his rant. The part about actually believing in soulmates. Jeonghan knew better.

 Seungkwan believed. A lot. He was romantic at heart even if he hid it under his loud singing voice and his comedic side. “He doesn’t charge a lot. Well not as much as some of other people do. And he has a very high success rate. I researched a lot before I chose this place.”

Sighing, Jeonghan nodded. “All right. I’ll play supportive hyung.”

Seungkwan continued to walk, snorting all the while. “Supportive? More like you’ll make snide side comments while he tries to help me and then if it doesn’t work out you’ll be all,” he stopped, arching his brows in a caricature of Jeonghan, “Well. What did I tell you Seungkwan? All of these people who say they can find your soulmate is just another con man and a damn hack. Soulmates aren’t even real.” Rolling, his eyes Seungkwan pulled the door open, “So supportive you’ll be.”

“I’m supportive now,” Jeonghan claimed. He really wasn’t, but he was hiding it because Seungkwan really did believe and it would super ty of him if he didn’t at least try to be sort of helpful. “I didn’t make any promises on the aftermath of this.”

Before Seungkwan could respond a warm voice called out to them. “Welcome to End of the String. How can I help you?”

A man about Jeonghan’s height came out from behind a pair of swinging half doors, like a bar saloon would have. He had eyes that twinkled and seemed to hold secrets that the average person couldn’t even fathom. And his lips, full with a pretty curl on the end of his smile. His face had a soft feel to it, despite the sharp angle of his jaw. He was a very pretty man.

And his pretty looks were doing things to Jeonghan’s stomach. But he wrote it off as indigestion from the lunch him and Seungkwan just had. This… ‘soulmate seeker’ was nothing special.

Smiling brightly back at him, Seungkwan said with glee, “I booked a reading with a Joshua. To see if he could find my soulmate.”

“I’m Joshua,” the twinkly eyed man said. “Welcome Seungkwan.” He gestured behind the moving half doors. “This way and we can get started.” Joshua looked to Jeonghan, “And you’re coming in for a reading too?”

The way he smiled at Jeonghan stopped him in his tracks. Jeonghan was never one to be tongue tied or at a loss for words, but at that very moment all thoughts flew from his mind.