encounters

WHI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Running towards the gate, Seungwan – or Wendy – tries to catch the time or else she’ll be late for the first day, and she didn’t want to be late for the first time in her whole almost always late life. As she steps in to the new world she was about to experience, she opens in awe. The school was enormous! It was big enough to be a university, but that’s her own personal opinion. It had a quadrangle in between two buildings, with five floors each. Beside the green building is a two floor building. It’s a little low, but she can tell it was wide and spacious from the inside. She guesses it’s the gymnasium. Beside the white building were two buildings, a three floor building, and the other with two floors. The last building was near the quadrangle and right in between the two big buildings, with some vehicles parked near it. Wendy thought she’s the only one thinking that she’ll be lost around the school, but she saw a couple of students like her that are as surprised as her. She really needs someone to help her around. 

“Hey,” a voice suddenly comes from her behind, causing her to jump forward in shock. “You need help around?” 

A girl. Thank god. Wendy thought. She smiles widely to the girl. She was around her height, though she can feel youth from the other girl’s smile. She felt old even if she was just turning seventeen. 

“Yeah, I guess.” She shyly replies to the other girl, her head lowering in shame. Well, it was always like this. She should feel used to being shown around, since she travels a lot. 

“Yeri. I’m a school officer, part of school council and all of that.” The girl, Yeri, tells her and extends a hand towards her. “Wendy.” She replies while shaking her hand, barely whispering pleased to meet you. 

“You’re a transferee, aren’t you?” They start walking together towards where ever the registrar office is. She nods on reply to the other girl’s question. “We need to go get our schedules and your ID.” 

“Are you a junior?” Wendy asks as they start to head to the office. Yeri shakes her head, making Wendy wonder if she’s older or younger than her. She’s a junior, meaning she’s in her third year.

“I’m a sophomore. Why’d you ask?” Yeri had a playful aura despite her being part of the school council. Her smile was contagious and her voice was laced with youth. It’d be weird if she was a junior or a senior, Wendy thinks.

“Nothing. I was just curious, I mean,” Wendy looks at her for a second, “You’re an officer, and I always thought school council was only composed of juniors and seniors. It’s pretty new to me, honestly.” 

Yeri nods. She expected that to happen. 

“I hear that a lot from transferees from abroad. But it’s not really a new thing here. The only exceptions are probably the freshmen. They can be hard to handle, that’s why we have a lot of officers around.” Yeri explains, and she can feel Wendy’s nods as if she was absorbing the new information. 

“You’re a junior.” She tells Wendy, and she can feel Wendy’s shock from her sudden statement. Her peripheral vision saw a wide eyed hamster named Wendy. A chuckle escaped from her lips and before she can point out the buildings and their difference, Wendy already asked, “How’d you know that?”

“I actually just guessed. My gut feeling told me you’re a junior, so that was my first guess. I always trust my guts, and usually my guts are right.” Yeri answers, and giggles when she hears an amazed Wendy walking beside her. Transferees are so easy to read for the girl.

A few walks after, they arrive at the office. Yeri goes first, getting her schedule. Wendy went after Yeri, filling up a form for her ID and getting her class schedule. After a few minutes of waiting, she gets her finished ID and walks again with Yeri. 

Yeri points out the main points in the school. The school has six buildings. A gymnasium, two main buildings, a library, the faculty building, and the cafeteria. The green building is solely for Freshmen and Sophomores, while the white building is for Juniors and Seniors. The Green and The White – as the students called it – are different and the same. The Green’s first floor is a lounging area, with benches and tables. Its second floor has the rooms for History, Music and Arts. The third floor has the rooms for English, Algebra and Calculus. The fourth floor is for the laboratories for Biology and Chemistry. The fifth floor has the garden, and few butterflies flying around.

“The White’s first floor is occupied for the school council office, which is why you would want to stay away from it.” Yeri says, seriousness playing around in her voice. Wendy doesn’t know if Yeri’s serious or if she was being sarcastic. 

“But why?” Wendy asks as she observes the area near the school council office. Not a single soul near it. “Is it private? Toxic, perhaps?”

Yeri laughs at her question. Not really toxic, she thinks. “No.”

“Then why?” 

Yeri halts, making Wendy stop too. She goes for Wendy’s ear, which surprised the older. “It’s because of the school council President.” Yeri whispers, her tone’s low and soft, as if telling a big secret no one should except for Wendy. The older girl looks at her with confused eyes.

“I suggest you experience it yourself. Or at least, watch someone experience her wrath.” Yeri’s eyes glimmer with evil, Wendy knew she was right. The younger girl is a prankster. 

“Okay?” 

Yeri continues explaining The White. The second floor has the rooms for English, Arts and Calculus. The third floor has rooms for Music, History and Algebra. The only similarity the two buildings had was the fourth floor. Both had the laboratories at the same floor. The fifth floor was an observatory and the rooftop, where no single human should come. 

“Unless you’re a delinquent.” Yeri shrugs and Wendy shrugs too. She was too absorbed knowing a building was built solely for juniors and seniors. A new thing to her again. 

“Then there’s the cafeteria, right between the two buildings. Students can park near the cafeteria, usually mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter