favor

WHI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shock and suspicion were evident in the faces of the girls. Mouths agape, they exchange glances before calming down, relaxing into their seats. Yeri and Joy suspects something odd but keeps quiet about it, Wendy thinks how Irene Bae remembered her from all the transferees, while Seulgi keeps her confused face because, clearly, no one really told anyone about her and Soojung – except her friends and some of the council officers. They keep quiet until Seulgi clears , a sign that Joy can ask Yeri about what Irene Bae will do to them.

“I have no idea, and I feel scared.” Yeri confesses, and Joy acknowledges because she had the same thoughts. Then a terrifying idea surged the council officer’s mind. “Oh my gosh, what if Irene Bae knew about our pranks?! My position would be irrelevant if she knew that I wasn’t reprimanding you about it.”

“Relax, Yeri,” Seulgi coaxes a panicking Yeri, chuckling with how Yeri frantically thinks of sentences to get out of it. “I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be disposed of your position. Maybe she’d need your help.” Seulgi suggests, and Joy looks at her with wonder. 

“She’d need our help? Okay,” Joy runs her hand through her hair, confusion and denial evident on her face – because why the heck would the President need her help?  “Are you going crazy, Seulgi? Me, one of the trouble makers and pranksters, who frequents in the detention room, would be needed by the President? Yeri, her I understand since she’s an officer – but me? No, that’ll be unlikely.” 

“Who knows though?” Wendy joins the conversation, finishing her smoothie because she thinks went dry with her sudden interaction with the President. “Maybe the President would have a favor for the both of you.” 

“Yeah, Joy,” Yeri accepts the hypothesis of Irene Bae needing their help. “I mean, Irene never really talked to me unless it was a favor or an order, so I guess that can happen.” But Joy disagrees. They fall into silence once again, thinking how Irene Bae would affect them.

Seems like they’d wait until after lunch to find out the answers.

-

“We need to talk to the President.” Yeri says, trying to pass by Mark and his group of friends. Mark smirks, his lips teasing Yeri who only rolls her eyes in annoyance. “Can you just get out of the way?”

“Nope.” Mark says, the letter ‘p’ popping with how he pronounced it with accent. Yeri thought it was useless to talk to Mark alone – Joy made her go to the council office before her since she had business to do in the restroom – so she waited until Joy arrived, her arms crossed. But she thinks Mark has no classes since he stayed there, unmoving. “Don’t you have classes?” Yeri asks, and Mark only shakes his head. His friends chuckle after saying something, but she didn’t pay any attention. 

She sees Joy come out of the restroom, her hair bouncing from walking. Joy stops for some minutes as some of her friends call her but immediately bids goodbye to them when she spots Yeri crossing her arms. 

“I saw Wendy and Seulgi walking together to The White, I guess Seulgi will show her around.” Joy puffs her cheeks out, and Yeri thinks Joy’s whipped for Wendy. “I wanted to walk her around, but I have no time doing that since Irene Bae would need us.” 

“I knew you’d like her.” Yeri says proudly, and Joy nods. “Now, will you please let us pass, Mark?” She asks him again, but Mark only shakes his head. He was one of those kissing, floor smooching officers who sticks with the higher officers, mainly with Bogum – the vice president – and Irene Bae. He was blocking the door, leaning on to the doorframe to not allow any one pass unless their part of his favorite officers. 

“What the heck is your problem? Can’t you just let us pass?” Yeri tries to argue, but Mark only makes a face to irritate the other girl more. Joy was only watching, not wanting to get in between the two officers. Yeri glares at him but Mark only smiles teasingly at her, like a kid making fun of another child. 

Yeri was about to start a quarrel with Mark but shuts when Joy nudges her. Irene Bae opened the council office door, and looks at them with a questioning stare. She was about to walk towards them when an arm makes her halt to do so. 

Mark rolls his eyes, why the hell is the door opened? “I’m not allowing anyone to pass through this door. So get back to class, Kim Yerim.” Yet Yeri wasn’t irritated with his bossy attitude and only points towards the door. But before Mark can turn to see who was about to go outside, her voice already made him shiver in fear. 

“Who gave you the permission to do that, Mark? No one gave you the task to do this whole security officer job.” Irene, her voice cold and monotone, makes the three younger students shudder. Mark thinks he pissed the President off, which was partly true. Irene adds, her eyes glaring at Mark, “Get back to class. Now.” 

And Mark has never fled the doorframe so fast, bowing to the President hastily before running away. Irene shoots the two a look, and Joy was swift  to answer before Irene could even ask. “He wasn’t letting us pass through the door.” 

“He’s an kisser, like a servant begging to be promoted.” Yeri adds, irritated and Joy looks at an amused Irene Bae with an apologetic face. Irene only smiles, and motions to follow them. They walk quietly behind the President, their steps small and careful. 

They enter the meeting room, where the budget planning, event organizing, and others happen. The President tells Soojung to not let anyone get in unless urgent and Soojung only nods, continuing her first draft for the school council budget to be passed next week. Yeri and Joy shares a glance right before Irene speaks authoritatively, “Sit down.” 

They sit down, Irene in her usual seat - the seat for presidents, of course – while Yeri was on her left side, Joy on her right side. She notices that the two shares another knowing stare at each other, and her thoughts were confirmed.

“You probably already know why I called you here,” Irene starts speaking, leaning back into her chair. The two only looks at her, wanting to listen, so she continues. “You both know why I called you here, I have a favor.” 

Yeri nods, Seulgi’s suggestion confirmed, while Joy sighs in relief. “I know your little pranks with Miss Kim, Miss Park, but I wouldn’t dive into that. If that’s what you’re worried about.” Irene says after hearing Joy sigh, and both – Joy and Yeri – of them hides their shock and keeps mum. 

“Now, on to my favor. I would suggest you get your other friends, the transferee and Seulgi, to help you on this because I’d need as much information I can get.” Irene discusses while pulling out a file case from her bag. “Because you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter