history's death ; the quarter finish

WHI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, do you actually think I would kill Mrs. Song?” Sukjin slams his handcuffed hands on the table but barely even shocking the investigator. His eyes were glossy upon looking who was the man who entered the room. 

“D-dad?” He croaks, his voice slightly cracking and his tears fall. 

“I can’t believe you would help in the murder of your mother.” His father, a man in an elegant navy suit with his red tie loose from his collar,  says with disappointment and a slight shake of his head. This had caused Sukjin to breakdown, slumping down, shaking and crying. 

“I never knew what he planned. I was just a lookout.” He confessed, his statement choppy from his soft whimpers. “I never wanted to kill her, Dad. Please believe me. I just wanted to scare her.” 

Taeyeon could only shake her head. The case was getting more knotted up. 

“I would leave you two together, Sir Song.” Taeyeon whispers to the man in his mid-forties before leaving the room to give both males their privacy. She sees Minseok waving at her, in front of the Senior History room, and she walks hastily after listening to the other cops’ initial reports. 

“Noona, I think we have a lead suspect. Sukjin can be innocent in the murder.” Minseok instantly tells her after she entered the room. She sees the two sophomores eating sandwiches. 

“A lead?” She asks again, and Minseok nods. 

-

“Seulgi-ssi!” A thick, male voice comes from behind them. Wendy freezes, having heard the voice earlier in the morning after fetching the security camera footage. Seulgi turns around, only to see a panting man, in his late thirties running after them. 

“Sir Homer?” Seulgi asks, and the man shoots her a smile. If the man had shown that smile to her yesterday, maybe she would’ve gotten red, but with his connection to the Junior History teacher’s death, she’s not sure if that smile was enough to cover up his past from what she heard from the calculus teacher. 

Seulgi stared at his fingers, focusing on his nails that was always moving with how he was shaking. His shirt was too tight, and she was sure that the thirty-eight year old man doesn’t like the movie piranha. 

“I was just going to ask about Song’s case. How is it going?” He whispered, and Seulgi is not sure if his tone was scared or panicked. 

“I think it’s progressing well, Sir Homer. We have to leave.” Seulgi says as she bows to the well-built man and pulls Wendy to run with her, quickly getting away from the possible murderer. 

When they were far enough from the teacher, Wendy slows down, making Seulgi slow down along with her too. She pants, and Seulgi heaves her breath, wanting to regain her calm and steady heartbeat. 

“He’s the murderer.” Seulgi immediately whispers to Wendy, who only looks at her with wonder and confusion. Only to run after Seulgi, who ran right after she had said the sentence. 

“Yah! Wait up for me!” 

-

“Unnie!” Seulgi almost shouts as she enters the senior history room, startling those inside when she had opened the door so loudly. 

“Oh, god, Seulgi!” Taeyeon flinches when she heard the banging sound when Seulgi came in. Minseok only shakes his head, his right hand tapping his left chest. 

“Sir Wil Homer is the murderer!” Seulgi had shouted, but not too loud for the people outside to hear. 

“We’re still speculating about him, but what do you mean, Seulgi?” Taeyeon asks as she leans back to her chair, her serious mood affecting the other girls. 

“Hear it for yourself. I recorded Miss Jung’s story, with her permission, and maybe Sukjin is really innocent.” Seulgi says as she fishes out her phone to look for the record, while Minseok gets her notepad and pen out for Seulgi to finish some of her observings. 

-

 “Hi Miss Jung. We were permitted by Miss Kim, the head investigator for the case of Mrs. Song Seolmin, who was murdered in the junior history room. We are here to ask you about anything that you know about the victim.” Seulgi asks kindly the teacher. 

“Am I a suspect here?” The feminine voice was heard in the recording, her voice obvious to be scared and jittery. 

“No, Miss Jung. We are only here to know more about the victim. Which we are certain that you can give us, since you are friends.” Wendy calms the older woman, and there was an audible sound of sighing in the record. 

“Please state your full name, age, and your relations with Mrs. Song.” 

“Jung Eunjin. Thirty-seven, a freshman calculus teacher. Me and Seolmin unnie are close friends. We’ve been friends since our high school days.”  The feminine voice, and Seulgi asks for Eunjin to describe the victim, her background and any other important details. 

“Seolmin unnie was too kind to be true. She was an active member for organizations for children. She sometimes even took care of my niece even if we were both busy at the time. I guess being too nice and forgiving had its downside to it.” 

“She and Sir Homer, Wil Homer, had a relationship way before unnie married Jaesuk oppa. At their first year, unnie and Wil would be the couple you’d get jealous of. They had a stable relationship, skinship was always a part of them. I sometimes ask Wil if he had a younger brother that I can date as a joke.” 

“Things changed after a couple years, unnie had been going out less and less, saying that she was busy with her own lesson plans or that she wasn’t feeling well. I even wanted to go visit her to their shared apartment, but unnie never even gave me the street to their apartment. Wil was always out for work in the school he’d intern for, but unnie’s internship wasn’t done yet, but she was going to work less and less, sometimes not even teaching for a whole week!” 

“What led you to contact the victim’s family?” Seulgi questions, and a small sob was heard from the older lady. 

“I once video called with her. She was still pretty, but she was getting thin, even skinnier than I remember her. She never wore long sleeves, but that moment when we were talking, she was shivering and she had her whole body covered with a comforter. Then Wil came to the room, with him suddenly accusing unnie of cheating via video calling. He had strong words, calling her a and all of that. Unnie ended the call after that. I got so worried that I told her brother, who I was dating that time.” 

“After that, unnie didn’t contact me for months. I only heard about Wil leaving the country, then unnie’s marriage a week after Wil’s departure. I was happy that unnie found Jaesuk oppa, since oppa liked her back in college, and treated both of us nicely even after college. I’m glad that unnie was out of the toxic relationship she had with Wil. Then we tried here, in WHI, then after two years, Wil came back here too. We were scared of him, but unnie told me that he already forgave Wil, and that I should too.” 

“How long did the victim and Sir Homer had a relationship?” 

“About three years. Unnie never told me when the beating up and jealousy started, but I was certain that started after their second year. Unnie got married six years ago.” 

“How did Song Sukjin treat the victim?” 

“I’m not really sure about that, to be honest. Unnie would always buy stuff for Sukjin, but sometimes she’d share that Sukjin gives her a cold shoulder, but unnie would brush it off. As I said, unnie is too kind for the world.” 

“Why did Song Seolmi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter