history's death ; the pieces

WHI
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUL LANGUAGE AND SENSITIVE MATTERS IN CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

--

 

After collecting the security footages, Wendy and Yeri share a suspicious look with each other when they felt a pair of eyes looking at them. The teachers were all in the faculty room, lounging and waiting for some news to come out regarding Mrs. Song. 

“Do you think Mister Homer has something to do with this?” Yeri whispers to Wendy the moment her left foot stepped on the first staircase. Wendy nods, adding with a knowing tone, “The fact that he tried to go into the security room, gives a bad vibe towards him.” 

“He looks way too shaken.” Yeri says, making her pace slow to catch up with Wendy, who was almost running towards the third floor. “Yah, unnie, wait up!” 

-

“Minseok-ssi, turn left!” Joy shouts as they pass through students, and Minseok follows as they both enter a forbidden staircase towards the rooftop. The way to the rooftop had two options, one was through the actual building, and one was a hidden-made-by-students staircase to secretly pass student council officers patrolling the grounds towards the rooftop. They climb it carefully, with Minseok patting his denim jacket to clean some dirt when they reached the top, while Joy spots a forgotten bat in a corner. When they arrived at the top floor of The White, Minseok waited by the door to catch Sukjin while Joy, held the bat if ever Sukjin fights back, with Minseok eyeing her weirdly. 

“It’s self-defense!” She retaliates. 

A few milliseconds later, the door bursts open with a heaving Sukjin. Minseok stays hidden, his position not seen by the panting student but was directly at the opposite of Joy’s position who was also hiding, waiting for the right time to pounce at Sukjin, while Joy holds her bat tightly to get ready. 

“Those ers. Good thing they didn’t search the ground. ing stupid council officers. Homer’s really going to get ed when I get arrested for his ing ual drive.”  Sukjin lights a cigarette and walks towards the edge, trying to look for the pair who was stalking him behind. He puffs out smoke relaxingly, thinking he had driven Joy and Minseok away from his tail. 

Minseok readies his gun, and his fists, and taps his recorder off. He had been one of the best assets in Taeyeon’s team, being a runner and a fighter had been a big advantage. His recording device had always come out handy in lots of situations, so he always made sure that he recorded all what a suspect had said before getting captured. He motions to Joy who was in her fighting stance to get ready, and will only swing if ever the boy was overpowering him. Joy nods, mouthing small ‘be careful’, earning a little smile from the policeman. 

And he pounces on him, like a tiger jumping on its prey, and it catches Sukjin off-guard that he had touched the cigarette on to his right leg, burning it ever so slightly yet so painfully. With a few swift movements from Minseok, he had managed to handcuff Sukjin and pin him to the ground. 

Joy watched him in awe, with how fast he tackled Sukjin, making the male students immobile with his hands tied and handcuffed. 

“Whoa, that was cool!” Joy excitedly gushes, making Minseok laugh at her antics. “Told you to not underestimate me.” Replied by the older male. 

“Let’s get him to Taeyeon noona to begin with the interrogation.”

-

“So you’re saying that Sukjin didn’t do the actual crime?” Seulgi asks Irene, and Irene only nods. They’ve been creating theories and conclusions on the way to the student council office to fetch Min Sukjin’s file and records. 

While Seulgi had proposed that Sukjin did do the murder, Irene quickly shot it down with the question, “Did Sukjin have that drive to kill Mrs. Song?” in a cold manner that it shut Seulgi’s theories off. 

“Maybe?” Seulgi shrugs in reply to what the president asked. Irene rolls her eyes to Seulgi’s reply. 

“I was starting to think you’re pretty smart.” Irene sarcastically remarks, her hands going through various file cases to look for particular papers stapled together. 

“Whatever, Irene. I'm just going to pretend that you never said that.” Seulgi says as she helps Irene look for Sukjin’s file, her eyes miserably failing at rolling. 

“Here, I found his files.” Seulgi says as she plops the paper down Irene’s table while rearranging the files again to its old order. In her hands were Min Sukjin’s files, but Irene didn’t stop looking for a particular file folder so she replied a look to Seulgi. 

“What are you still looking for?” Seulgi, walking near the shelf to put back the files to its right places, asks with a curious tone. After making sure the student files were all fixed, she made her way to Irene’s chair, peeking to what Irene was doing. 

“Senior English teacher’s files.” Irene shortly replies, still delving in to the files. 

“You have copies of the files of the teachers?” Seulgi asks disbelieving, and Irene only nods. 

“Ah! I found it!” Irene exclaims as she reads the files.

“Raphael Homer, thirty-eight years old.” Irene reads out loud, along a few strings of words that had connection with how the Senior English teacher got in the prestigious campus and other legal papers. 

“He’s the same age with Mrs. Song.” Seulgi blurts out, reading Mrs. Song’s files beside Irene. They agreed that they should read it with the investigator, and cleaned the room before leaving. 

-

The officers were in the opposite room, the history room for seniors, and Irene was secretly peeking at the video footage when it had been exited by the officer, yawning.

“Can you replay that again?” Irene asks the policeman, and the policeman looks at her before replying, “Students aren’t allowed here.” 

“Police officers aren’t allowed here if all they do is lounge along the dead body and play with their guns, mister officer. Telling by how your uniform is too smooth, you probably hadn’t done anything else yet except for replaying that damned camera footage.” Irene snaps, her cold demeanor and attitude barking at the older police man, her gaze piercing that it somehow made him shiver. Taeyeon shakes her head, walking towards the arguing pair, a smirk playing on her lips. 

“She’s right, Rick. Just replay the footage, then you can leave. You can go to your favorite spot in all our ventures, the police car and sleep. Your break up with Mitch takes a huge toll on your job. Also, I allowed five of them here, knowing that they can help us. So would you kindly play it for us?” Taeyeon butts in, earning a small sigh and slight nod from the police man named Rick and a look from Irene. 

In the video footage, comes behind from the student who called out the female teacher who was about to leave the room is an eyeglass wearing man who pulls her back in when she was in his reach. The student stays outside after a few seconds of entering the room, probably acting as a look out. 

“I’ll fast forward it a bit.” Rick says as he adjusts the video speed, and he stops it to the part where the student moves from his spot. “This is where it gets tricky.”

The student goes inside for a few seconds, and no other soul had entered the room, and a solid five seconds after, the student was seen coming out of the room, with two other female students in the camera sight, bumping into the taller boy.

“Whoever the other guy was, I'm sure he escaped through the window.” Irene mutters to Taeyeon after ten seconds, her index finger on her chin. 

“Sunbae-nim, Minseok and a handcuffed student is in the Senior Algebra room.” A police officer announces to Taeyeon, with the older pulling Irene with her. They enter the room, with Seulgi and Yeri i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter