The pain everyone goes through

Goodbye

Daniel sat at his sofa in the living room. He stare blankly infront of him, he then remember hat really happen yesterday. He was such a fool. Trying to end his pain by killing himself, he was ashamed and scared. What was he thinking? 

 

"Yah Kang Daniel!" Seongwoo who just woke up shouted Daniel name loudly. Seongwoo woke up and went out of the room in rush, after realizing Daniel is not in his bed.

But then he saw Daniel staring blankly infront of him. Seongwoo sigh a relief, he thought Daniel would do something like yesterday.

"Yah Daniel!" Seongwoo shouted Daniel name, trying to get his attention.

"Yah stop shouting hyung! Early in the morning shouting your lungs out! I am here why?" Daniel reply back to him.

Seongwoo was furious. He hit Daniel on the back and strangle him. 

"If you ever did what you did yesterday, i will make sure you wont die peacefully. I will find you in afterlife.." 

"And stop keeping everything to yourself! We are here! Minhyun and me is here, tell us." Seongwoo said softly the last line, he want Daniel to know that his friends are here for him, no matter how hard is life was.

 

"Oh and if you need counseling i have a good doctor that i can recommend you, oh wait i need to check with the doctor for your prescription."

"I think i will bring you the doctor, we need to get you full checkup too, in case you are hurt somewhere because of alcohol that you had drunk."

"Wait where's Minhyun by the way? And where is Sooyoung? I remember her being with us yesterday night."

Seongwoo stop babbling when he realise Daniel staring at him weirdly, Daniel sigh loudly,

"Wow hyung, i can't believe you talk so much in the morning, one by one please!" Daniel reply to Seongwoo while shaking his head.

But then Daniel was glad that Seongwoo is here with him. If he was alone right now, he don't know what he will be doing, maybe.

 

Daniel realise the question Seongwoo ask about Minhyun and Sooyoung. His heart squeeze. 

"Ah about Minhyun, i am not sure i woke up with empty living room, and look how clean the living room is, he must have clean up before he went off." Daniel told Seongwoo and shows how clean his living room to him, even the kitchen is clean. The soju bottle and wine bottles were also clean up, there was no trace of incident that happen yesterday. 

Seongwoo nod his head, looking around the living room. There were no traces of dirty laundry, smashed bottles and wine glasses like yesterday he saw in the living room. The two of them must have clean up everything when he was asleep.

"Maybe he sent Sooyoung back to her dorm." Seongwoo whisper to himself. He remember Sooyoung was there with them yesterday. He 

There was a long silence until Daniel broke it with one big question. 

"Hyung, Minhyun really love Sooyoung right?"

 

Seongwoo sigh loudly looking at the floor, he don't know if this is the right time to tell him. And if he has the right to tell him or not. H

"Please tell me everything, i just want to know, How and when their relationship starts?" Daniel pleads Seongwoo. 

"Just tell me hyung, if Sooyoung really love Minhyun?" Daniel whisper softly but Seongwoo heard him.

 

"Minhyun loves Sooyoung as much as Sooyoung loves Minhyun.." Seongwoo said in low voice. 

Daniel heart squeeze, he understand what Seongwoo is trying to say.

Seongwoo knows how much his bestfriend, Minhyun struggle because of Daniel. How Minhyun lost his ownself and became quiet and reserve, but then come Sooyoung who brighten Minhyun life up. The oppa and dongsaeng relationship blossom into more. 

"I think it was 5 months ago they became official, after a year you left, the three of us meet up again at a cafe, she was having a hard time moving on from you, Minhyun and me try to cheer her up and we became close. I didn't tell you before about our meetup because i think you wouldn't care. But then something fishy happen between Minhyun and Sooyoung. There are some sparks between them. Their body language, their smiles and their eyes. I saw them falling in love with each other day by day. Daniel. They look so happy, laughing at each other jokes. Minhyun was there for her when she went through hard times and i hope you let Sooyoung go, i know you still loves her but she deserves to be happy with Minhyun. You know how Minhyun is, if she loves that girl, she will only look and love her only. You hurt both of them before now let's pray for their happiness. Its time to let go.." Seongwoo tells Daniel everything, even his feelings. He really hope Daniel let go of Sooyoung. 

Daniel eyes turn teary, he understands. He knew his mistakes towards Sooyoung and Minhyun. What Seongwoo said is true, he hurts those two too much. He was filled with greed and lust that time, and he hurts the two precious gems. 

"Hyung, i am sorry, what have i done to both of them? Hyung i want to apologize to them, i hurt them too much." Daniel whimper, his body was shaking. Seongwoo hug him and pat Daniel back. Trying to ease his pain, his sobbing turn louder and louder.

 

"It's okay, they will understand. You know how kind Minhyun and Sooyoung are right? Let's meet them later but now let's get you ready, we need to see doctor, Let's try to ease your pain and don't worry about that. Let's get you treated first." Seongwoo said. He help Daniel up and bring him to his room. 

"Alright hyung, i will follow whatever you says." Daniel said and follows Seongwoo. Daniel wanted to get treated before this but he was ashamed, he was scared if media found out and but now he don't care. His body and mind need to get treated before something like yesterday happen to him again.

Maybe it was for the best, he needs to say good bye to all of the voices that hunts him everyday.

He want to be the old Kang Daniel, the one that was happy and positive no matter how had life was.

 

Minhyun had send Sooyoung back to her dorm, he was on the way back to Daniel apartment when he received a call from Seongwoo.

"Minhyun you don't need to go back to Daniel apartment, i am sending him to hospital."

"Huh hospital? Why? What happen to him? I just left 15 mins ago and .."

"No nothing happen, i just want to send him to hospital, he look pale and i think its the good timing to send him there. I am scared if he's at home, those mindset of killing himself will come back again. We cant be with him 24 hours at least if he's at hospital, the nurse will be with him every hours."

"You are right, i hope he get treated before it turn bad. Which hospital? I will meet you there now."

"Hmm can you come late, after everything settled. Maybe tomorrow and can you bring Sooyoung with you?"

"Okay i understand, i will go there with Sooyoung tomorrow. Just text me the hospital name and ward number. Anything just text me okay, let me know what doctor says. Take care."

"Alright, don't worry i will be with him the whole day and keep you update about him"

Minhyun drive his car back to his apartment. He needs some sleep and maybe later he will go and visit Daniel. He was worried and he needs to see Daniel. He hopes everything goes well at the hospital.

 

Upon reaching her dorm, Sooyoung rush to her room. She don't feel like talking to her members. She was actually having a mix feelings about herself. She don't understand why Daniel is still keeping her pictures. What really happen years back? Was he playing with her? She don't understand everything. 

And now she was confuse.

But what she knows that her heart is only for Minhyun. No matter what it will be be Minhyun.

Because she knows that Minhyun is the main source of her happiness and she saw her future being with him.

The feelings she had for MInhyun is much more that what he felt for Daniel when they were once together. 

Sooyoung took out her phone and text Minhyun.

"I love you Oppa, i will meet you later after my meeting with manager ends." 

She smiles looking at the lockscreen of her phone. A picture of Minhyun, she had secretly took picture of him when they were on their second date at cafe. She held her phone near her chest. 

 

"I am sorry Daniel but i love Minhyun more than anything."

 

 

Seongwoo brought Daniel to the hospital where he heard a lot of celebrities frequently get check up. Both of them are well covered and they even use a private entrance. He had make a appointment with one of the doctor he was recommend from his actor sunbae. He tries to get the best treatment for Daniel so he make an effort to contact a few bodyguards to actually guard Daniel when he warded in hospital. He don't want anyone knew about it, even Daniel management.

Daniel was given a week off from his manager, after Seongwoo call them telling Daniel had chicken pox and he even make an excuse that Daniel was getting rest at his home so he told them to not find Daniel at his apartment.

Seongwoo makes a great plan for a week for Daniel.

Daniel thanks Seongwoo a lot of times in the car, but Seongwoo just smile and ask him to just concentrate on getting treatments.

The doctor has fully check on Daniel and now he was having a rest in the vip ward. Due to his panic attack and lack of sleep, he was given some pills to get rest and soon the psychiatrist will check on him. Daniel had told everything  to the doctor about what really happen to him, how he was having a lack of energy, loss of sleep and headache he gets almost everyday. He also told the truth that he almost want to jump off the building a lot of times due to voices he heard telling him to die. 

 

"Thank you doctor, i hope you will help my friend to recover and please keep this a secret from anyone, i don't want the media know about it." Seongwoo plead the doctor, he was having a private conversation with the doctor when Daniel was asleep. 

"Sure don't worry, i don't give out any private information of patient to anyone, especially a case like this. And we will try our best to get him treated. Let's just pray everything will turn better for him." The doctor says and pat Seongwoo back. The doctor left after checking on Daniel.

Seongwoo was left alone, with Daniel asleep. He brought Daniel bag and put it inside the cupboard. 

"Hello, Minhyun, don't worry Daniel is in good condition. He just need to get counselling and treatment for a week. Yes if you want to come, maybe tomorrow?" Seongwoo called Minhyun

"Hmm Seongwoo, i will just come later at night, i have a last minute schedule tomorrow. Maybe Sooyoung will come tomorrow but i am not sure what time." Minhyun said on the phone.

"Okay then, i will message you the ward number and everything." Seongwoo said and bid goodbye.

 

Minhyun reach the hospital and used the private entrance when Seongwoo had send him. It was not even night time but he had already reached. He called Sooyoung when he was on the way to hospital and tell her that he has schedule tomorrow so he need to see Daniel tonight. He was scared the schedule ended later and he can't wait. Sooyoung just said okay and tell Minhyun that she will go after she finish her dance practice tomorrow.

They bid goodbye, Sooyoung has been worrying about Minhyun and Daniel, she don't know why but she's scared Minhyun will leave her because of Daniel. She have a very bad feeling and she can't get over the nervousness.

"I love you Minhyun, just don't.."

"I know i won't leave you, trust me, I love you more Park Sooyoung." Minhyun assured Sooyoung, he knew what is playing in his girlfriend mind, but he loves Sooyoung more and he knew Sooyoung and Daniel is an old story. 

 

Daniel woke up from his sleep, he open his eye slowly, the doctor had given him some medicines. He look around and saw Minhyun and Seogwoo sleeping at the couch. Minhyun took the small one and his feets is dangling, he sigh why are his friends are so nice to him, after what he did. He is still here.

Daniel went down from his bed and walk towards the toilet. The sound of the door closing woke Minhyun up, he look around and saw Daniel not on his bed. He stood up and rush to Daniel bed, he look around and sigh a relief loudly when he saw Daniel coming out from the toilet.

"Hyung, why?" Daniel seeing Minhyun pale face turn back to its own color.

"Ah, nothing, How are you feeling now? Better?" Minhyun ask concernly, he has been worrying about Daniel since last night, he even rush to hospital after his schedule just to see Daniel.

"Feeling good hyung, don't worry about me, the doctor and nurse over here are helping me.. And with my favorite hyungs being here with me, i am feeling much better." Daniel wanted to say thanks to Minhyun but he was shy, his mouth cant seem to tell him that how he appreciate him being here. 

There was a moment of silence, Minhyun sat beside Daniel bed, Daniel who was lying down, sat up and look at Minhyun.

"Daniel, you know how much i treasure our friendship, how i always lean on you when you are actually much younger than me during our days in Wanna One. But now i want you to lean on me, tell me what happen, why you become like this and how?"

"It was greed, i was surround with greed. Fear. I was scared hyung, with my declining popularity with my relationship got reveal, my life was followed and my fans turn their back on me, the pressure my company put me and people around me are having high hopes for me. Hyung it was scary, with everyone around me keep turning away from me, leaving me. And i realize before it turn worst, i rather leave. I turn my back to you guys, my wanna one brothers because i was scared, if one of you hurt me, i am scared to get hurt. Therefore i decided to hurt you guys because i believe the pain will go away. For me i can't throw away the pain away, because i am not strong as i look.

Now i regret, but this is my punishment, i hurt you guys who actually cares about me. I am sorry hyung.. And that day, when you caught me with your girlfriend, she was the one who seduce me first, i was trying to push her away but after seeing you coming in, i kiss her back, i didn't why but i hate seeing you being nice to me, i hate it how nice you are and you don't deserve a girl like her. She was playing with you and that was the main reason i kiss her back, to push her away from you. 

i saw the hurt in your eyes whenever you walk past me, i wanted to tell the truth but i was scared. I am sorry hyung, i am sorry. "

Daniel stop his words and look up, his eyes catches Minhyun eyes teary staring at him. Minhyun nod his head a few time,

"I understand, Hyung understand everything now, I am sorry for ignoring you, i should have known. I am sorry." Minhyun went closer to Daniel and hug him. 

"I am sorry Daniel, and i forgive you." 

Seongwoo who was awake the whole time, walk towards them. He stood at the other side of the bed. He hug both of them. His bestfriends who he treasure so much reconcile after years. 

"Ah you guys makes me miss the other members, should we call them?" Seongwoo tries to enlighten the mood.

Daniel nod his head, "Yes, let's call them, ask them if they are free and come tomorrow, but don't tell them that i try to kill myself, just let them know, i was sick." 

"Sure don't worry, about that let's keep it between we 3 only, no one else should know." Minhyun said agreeing with Daniel.

"Yes, they miss you so much Daniel, especially Jihoon, you need to talk him, he has been hating on you since you broke your promise to him." Seongwoo said.

"Oh ya, and Minhyun can you ask Sooyoung to come here too? i need to ask for her forgiveness too." Daniel said, he remember one more thing he need to do is to ask forgiveness from his first love. 

and he need to let her go..

 

The next day, Daniel and Seongwoo waited for the other 8 brothers to come, Seongwoo has wrote them a message that Daniel was admitted to hospital and he want to see all of them. The message was serious and almost everyone agreed to come, Minhyun who has schedule in the afternoon can't make it but he will come later with Sooyoung.

Sooyoung decide to wait for Minhyun, she can't face Daniel alone and Minhyun agreed to go with her.

Daniel was fidgeting around, he was nervous and scared. too many scenarios are playing inside his head. What if no one actually turn up. What if all of them hates him.

"Knock, knock."

Seongwoo open the door for them and one by one enter, their eyes are looking at Daniel, standing side by side. No one mutter any word. Daniel look each of them, his heart hurts so much, the faces that he misses the most, especially the one at the end of the room, his Jisung Hyung.

"Jisung Hyung, i am sorry..." Daniel finally mutter his courage, his eyes caught Jisung looking at him with anger.

Jisung walk slowly to Daniel side, Daniel was sobbing so hard with his head low.

"How could you Kang Daniel, How could you?" Jisung said, he try to not cry but hearing Daniel sobs makes him realise his Kang Daniel is here, his favourite dongsaeng who he treasure so much.

Jisung pat Daniel back softly, he saw how much skinny the body he just touch, the big shoulder that everyone talks about become so small, the Kang choding that he miss is gone. 

"I am sorry Hyung, i had throw you guys, ignoring your calls, i am sorry."

"No you didn't throw us, this is just a pace, we are still here, i know you had hurt us but we never throw you away, we are always waiting for our Daniel to be back here, our arms is always open for you." Sungwoon told Daniel. Sungwoon pat Daniel back, he understand what Daniel is going through, most of his friends went through this some even turn worst than Daniel. But he knew Daniel, staying with Daniel for almost 2 years, he knew one day Daniel will realise how bad he turn out.

Daehwi and Jinyoung was crying at the back with Woojin comforting both of them. Jaehwan stood beside Sungwoon and held Daniel hand. Jisung was a crying mess, with Seongwoo comforting him. Jihoon who standing near the door, looks around the room. He smirk.

"Wow, so this is the end then?" Jihoon clap his hand, looking at how dramatic the situation is. If he look back years ago, he was hurt the most. He and Daniel share a good friendship, but Daniel broke his promise.

His promise is to love the only girl, his noona, Jihoon Noona but he broke the promise, making her cry, making the one Jihoon loves the most hurt.

Daniel look up and see the hatred in Jihoon face. 

Daniel understood if Jihoon can't forgive him, he know his mistakes for Jihoon is biggger. He had predict it from just now.

"So you hurt each one of us, throw us like some kind of and now when you are sick, you beg for our forgiveness? You didn't know how many hearts you had broke for the past years, i saw someone crying because of your selfishness, and the person cries everyday in her sleep after you left, she turn people away from her life, she lost her smile, how hard for people around her to bring her up again, do you know how hard it was to make her happy again? it takes her years, years."

Jihoon crouched down on the floor, he cries out loudly.

"Jihoon ah, it's okay, Noona is fine, I am okay, i have forgiven him, it's time to let go." Sooyoung walk in crouching beside Jihoon.

Sooyoung heard everything, she heard what Jihoon says. She know Jihoon was referring about her, She was standing behind the door while Minhyun holding her. She was trying her best to not cry but it was hard. She remember those time when Daniel broke her, she cries in her sleep but she thought no one knew about it, but now she knows how much people are concern about her. She must have makes her members and people around her worried. Did she really lose her smile? But she never show how hurt she was to anyone, she still smiles when she meet Jihoon, smilling and greeting people around her.

"Jihoon ah, i am sorry for making you worried about me and pushing you away. I am sorry." Sooyoung bring Jihoon close to her and hug him.

"Wow Jihoon, you had grown so much, thank you for everything my Jihoon had suffer enough, but you have to forgive and forget, people makes mistakes and i forgive him, i forget about him, so you should too. And i know you miss Daniel, go to him." Sooyoung says, she help Jihoon stand and bring him closer to Daniel.

Daniel eyes fall to Sooyoung and Jihoon, the two person he misses the most. 

"I am sorry Jihoon, i am sorry that i broke my promise. Sooyoung-ah, i am sorry for everything." Daniel tries to stand up from his bed, but his legs turn wobbly, there are no strength in him anymore. He flop on the floor, Minhyun run towards him and try to make him stand but he push him away.

Daniel kneels down on the floor infront of Sooyoung and Jihoon.

"I am sorry Sooyoung, for hurting you and people around you."

"I am sorry guys, my brothers, i was....my greed took over me."

The crying mess with Jihoon hugging Daniel kneeling, Minhyun by Daniel right side hugging him, one by one came closer to hug his brothers. It turn into a group hug, with sobbing and whimper.

Sooyoung who stood away from them, smile 'it's really the end, of suffering.' She walk away leaving a letter.

 

"Goodbye first love, goodbye and i hope you can recover as soon as possible." Sooyoung whisper to herself, she run out of hospital and get a taxi. She is leaving, yes she decided to leave.

She was tired, she want to rest.

She was actually planning to run away but after talking to her manager and management yesterday, she decided to take on hiatus. She will be gone for 3 months. To be honest she didn't know where she will be going, but she plan to just follow her feet and heart.

She took out her phone and dial Irene.

"Unnie, if Minhyun looks for me, just tell him, you didn't know and my news will be out tomorrow. And please give the box under my bed to Daniel, i have written his name at the box."

"Are you sure Sooyoung? Minhyun will be dead worried" Irene says on the other line.

"Don't worry Unnie, he will understand, i just need to clear my head, i will see you in a month or two. Take care, i will always update myself at chat." Sooyoung shut her phone off after the call with Irene.

Sooyoung reach the airport, she saw her manager holding her bags and luggage. She walk towards him.

"Thank you oppa, don't worry if anything i will let you know." Sooyoung thank her manager.

"Anything for you, but where are you going? Can you at least tell me where, if not i don't think i can leave you here." Her manager ask her worriedly.

"I am going Japan, very near, i found a apartment where i can stay. Don't worry i will be back soon. Take care of the girls okay, bye" Sooyoung push her luggage, she had everything plan out yesterday. After much thoughts, she thinks it is the best for her and for everyone.

 

"Minhyun, if we ever meant to be, we will meet again and i am sorry." Sooyoung whisper to herself