Almost the end

Goodbye

Sooyoung had fallen asleep in Minhyun embrace. She was crying few hours with Minhyun by her side holding her, comforting her. Minhyun was in a deep sleep.

 

She keep waking up from her sleep, shivering, nightmares about just now keep playing in her sleep. 

She closes her eyes and she thought about those days when she was happy with her first love. Him, Kang Daniel.

To be honest she had move on from her first love 2 years ago. She admit that moving on from Daniel was the hardest. She experience betrayal and feeling of losing from him. She loved him. Daniel was her first real love, when she is in early 20s, not some puppy crush she had when she was trainee. He was her best friend. 

When she thought everything moving slowly and peacefully, thunder came. They were caught by their managers but luckily they able to persuade them to keep it secret from their own respective company.

Few weeks passed and they were caught by a reporter. A big scandal! A real big scandal of the year, what they called. Daniel was at the peak while she is into 5 years of debut. So some of her fans are understanding but unlike Daniel, he lost a lot of fans. That month they had a real first fight. Daniel was stress because Sooyoung was harassed by his fans. He was upset. 

Sooyoung gain a lot of anti fans, her fans turn their back on her. Her members fans even try to shut her when she was talking in a fanmeeting. It turn out worst day by day, no one on her side except for her members. Her parents wanted her to break up with him because of those death threats. Her management and manager advice her to broke off with before things becomes worst.

Daniel didn't know about it but he caught Sooyoung crying at the waiting room. She try to hide it but Daniel knew everything. Those threatening and bloody gifts that she got, she had hiden from him, he knew it, her manager had told him everything. Daniel become restless whenever they meet up. He looks scared and anxious.

Sooyoung try to liven up the atmosphere when they met for date. She try to talk to him about the situation but Daniel can't take it anymore.

Daniel become cold. No more late night date, no more calls and messages. He even ignore her call and when he answer he told her, he was busy. She was stress, with Daniel change if attitude and pressure from people around her to break up with him. She don't want to be apart from him. She loves him. 

A month has passed, he call her to meet him at the park beside her dorm. She remember that day she felt nervous and scared, her intuition says that something bad will happen. And it turns out be true Daniel decide to broke up with her. He told her that he don't want to lose his popularity because of this relationship. He wanted to achieve more than what he had. He want to be on top and because of her, he lose quite a number of CF, he choose his career than love.

Sooyoung was shocked, she can't believe those words come out from the always humble Kang Daniel. The coldness from his voice makes her shiver. 

After so much hate she received because of him. He left without any fights for her. She was left with deep wounds.

 

Sooyoung shivers remembering that night. She hate herself for being a fool. She cried at the park, crouching down all alone. He walk away without caring her plea asking him to stop.

She became the biggest fool for actually believing their love will last till the end.

She hates his guts, his ego and everything about him.

 

Buth then why are her pictures in his possession? She don't understand and can't believe everything that just happens.

Remembering Daniel who almost jump off and seeing his lifeless face. She was scared, her heart almost stop beating after seeing him at the edge of his life.

Sooyoung sat up, she look at Minhyun who was in deep sleep. She sigh loudly. His hand were holding her right hand tighlty. If she moves to much, he will wake up for sure. She freeze looking at his face, Minhyun was there for her. Both of them mend their broken hearts with each other company.

Minhyun has been with her as a friend for years. Since Daniel always bringing Minhyun or sometimes Seongwoo to their date, they grew close. Minhyun is an oppa who always looking out for her. Daniel was super close to both of them. But then their friendship cracked when Daniel change and Daniel did something that Minhyun cant forgive him easily. Seongwoo being the middle man try to mend things up but it was too messy, both of them didn't want to patch things up anymore. 

When Daniel broke up with her, she didn't meet both of them anymore. They rarely have a schedules together. But one day when she was doing her makeup in the waiting room, she heard Minhyun broke up with his girlfriend. Wendy told her that the girl caught cheating on him with his friend. Sooyoung was shocked since Minhyun is the perfect boyfriend material and how could the girl cheat on him. And she was thinking who was she cheating with. Seongwoo? Cannot be. 

When she was on the way to washroom she overheard something. The girl that Minhyun dated was from a popular girl group and she was caught kissing Daniel in his waiting room. They were caught by Jihoon, who was going to see Daniel. Jihoon was angry and even punch Daniel in the face. Jihoon told his Wanna One members and eventually all of them hate Daniel and stop contacting him. 

Now she understand why Jihoon suddenly kakao talk her asking her is she's okay and wanting to meet her that day. But she refuse saying she have some schedules that day, when she was actually crying in her room.

She felt suffocated, her heart broke into pieces, she felt the world is making her a fool. She thought Daniel was different. Daniel stole Minhyun girlfriend, his own best friend. IT was only 6 months after their broke up. She was speechless, she thought Daniel wanted a break up because of his career. 

"ing jerk!" She remember shouting those word infront of him at Music bank backstage, luckily there's not much people but she believe everyone heard it. She walk away and leave the speechless Daniel looking at her.

She bet the staff and some idols at the backstage heard her and look at her weirdly.

 

Then Sooyoung met Minhyun after a year. Sooyoung was walking back to her waiting room, when she saw a familiar face near her waiting room. She decide to greet him.

"Hello Minhyun oppa!" Sooyoung greeted him at backstage. She saw his shocked face, since it was the first time after almost a year she acknowledge him. Since they don't have any same schedules or comeback, she didn't get to meet him. There were times they walk past by each other but she never turn and look at him. At the end of year award, she saw him walking at the hallway of the waiting room. She felt the urge to talk to him, its been a year right?

"Oh hello, how are you?" Minhyun greet her back.

"I am fine, how about you?" Sooyoung ask him back, she look down to the floor or looking elsewhere, avoiding eye contact with him

"I am fine too, its been a year right?" The question that came out from Minhyun mouth makes Sooyoung shocked, its been year Daniel left her,

"Yes its been a year.."

There was a long pause between them. Sooyoung look up and see Minhyun looking at her with a smile. Her heart squeeze, she smile back to him.

"Sooyoung-ah, you want to join me and Seongwoo to dinner tomorrow?" Minhyun ask her.

"Huh? Tomorrow? But..."

"We miss you, let's meet again and we should move on right?" Minhyun stare at her, hoping for Sooyoung to say yes.

"I am not sure but i will confirm with you again. Are you still using the same number?" Sooyoung ask him. She wanted to think first. Is she ready to meet the two of them, who would bring back the memories of him?

"Ah no, i change it 6 months ago, here give me your number, i will call you later."  Minhyun pass his phone to her, she gladly took it from him and gave her number.

"Okay here is my number, i need to go Oppa, see you soon and i miss you guys too, bye." Sooyoung said, while leaving Minhyun. She walk back to her waiting room, without looking back. 

After much thinking and throwing her worries, she decided to go. And she didn't regret it at all.

She has Minhyun and Seongwoo by her side as her brothers and eventually her heart had open again for one of the guy.

 

Sooyoung woke up from her thoughts, she look at her watch, 6pm. She try to release his grip softly and slowly. But Minhyun being a light sleeper woke up. 

Minhyun open his eyes slowly, he look at Sooyoung and smile to her. Mouthing good morning.

Sooyoung smile back and ask him to sleep again but he sat up, hugging Sooyoung who was looking at him worreidly.

"I don't think i can fall asleep again. I will just sleep again later when i am back at home. The two of them woke up already?" Minhyun release his hug and stood up. He cleans up the mess from yesterday.

"I don't think so, i wake up and everything is so quiet. Maybe you want to go in and see if they are up?" Sooyoung stood up and leave to the kitchen. She was thirsty from all of the crying and shouting from yesterday. 

Minhyun nod his head and walk off to Daniel room. He open the door softly. He saw the two of them sleeping soundly. He smiles, he glad both of them are still there.

 

"Oppa, i think i should go home now, the manager is looking for me and i need to go SM later." Sooyoung said, after looking through her messages on the phone. Minhyun and her were seating facing each other at the dining table. They were waiting for either Daniel and Seongwoo to wake up. But after 1 hours theres no sign of them waking up, she needs to be at SM by 12 and its already 8. 

"Ah yes i think you should go home too, wait let me get my car keys and i will send you back to your dorm." Minhyun said, while looking for his car keys at his jacket.

"Oppa, it's okay i can get a cab, only few metres away." Sooyoung assures him that she can go on her own but Minhyun ignore her, he held her hand and smiles to her.

"I don't trust taxi nowadays, its okay only a few metres right? Come lets get you home, they wont wake up anytime soon." Minhyun said.

They left Daniel apartment and walk away.

 

Daniel sigh loudly, he closes his eyes tightly. It was too late for him.

Sooyoung is happy with Minhyun and so do Minhyun.

Daniel saw everything, the way Minhyun held her hands, the way Sooyoung smile at Minhyun. His heart aches but he deserve this. Both of them had been hurt by him and they deserves to be happy.

Daniel willling to let go of Sooyoung to Minhyun who dearly loves and cares for her.