Hello, goodbye part 1

Goodbye

"Wow, it's Kang Daniel!" 

"Daniel! Daniel!"

"Daebak Kang Daniel!!"

He was flustered when people around him started calling out his names in the streets, he also saw some of them are taking pictures of him. 

Eventhough he is wearing all black with mask and cap on, they still know it's him. He realise some fans who have been following him, so called sasaeng fans saw him, worst, he need to run now, before pictures of him spreading out and he don't really have any mood to smile or talk to them. And as well as he is staying at a new neighbourhood where almost none of his fans knows about his new apartment.

After running away for a few meters, makings sure the fans are out of his sight, he went back to his apartment. Looking around without getting caught again. He had owned his very own apartment after few years in the industry. He has move out from dorm and stays on his own since two months ago. He is trying to be independent, owing his own house, taking care of himself without anyone help. And he is also trying to run away from some fans that always wait for him oustide his old dorm with others.

It's been almost 5 years working on this industry but fans don't stop coming and following him.

Realizing he is in the fifth year, then it's been 4 years he last talk to her, held her hands and hearing her laughs. He miss her, so much but he had to forget about her. He don't want to hurt her again. He don't want to see her tears, he don't want her to hurt anymore because of him, who is ego and only think about himself. Those 5 years he went through was not hard as it goes, filled with schedules, the last time he remember he had at least 3 days rest was years ago. He was so busy that he forgot what is missing and people leaves him without him realising. This is the route he chooses, the one that he aims for, being on top. 

 

Losing

Losing her, losing some of his friends, losing love, losing someone who cares for him. He miss those people, but he broke their trust, he broke his promise to them. Because of greed and popularity. Now he realise how lonely he is. Being on top doesnt mean happiness.

 

He sat at his sofa near the balcony looking at the view outside, Han River is his view, he own one of the most expensive unit, he bought using his own money, all those 5 years worth, those cf he endorse and concert he did.

Should he be happy right now then?

He has everything, especially this expensive view.

But the view can't console his loneliness today, the beer taste so bitter just like his life right now. The management told him the pain he had that lingers his life for almost 4 years will pass by as times goes, yes he admit he do forgot about it at some point of time but sometimes the memories just come back when he is alone and tired.

When he watch TV, he came across people he misses, they look happy, Are they really happy without him?

Did they have forgotten about him?

Did they miss him just like he miss them?

But he's happy to see them laughing and talking, sometimes he feels like they are talking to him, like theya are close to him.

When he came across her or them, he will try to ignore them, pretend he never see them, without even saying hi to them. He pretend to be bossy and ignorant. He even try to not have schedule same as them, if there is he will stay inside the waiting room till his turn to come out. He only talk to people who are not link to them.

Especially people who are link to her.

But today he misses her the most. He look at his phone and search for her name at the search box, her face pops out, new articles were published. He read it till the end, even the comments. The hate comments that he read he will report while the comments that are telling how pretty she is, how cool she is, he will give a thumbs up. 

Daniel lay on his bed, his dinner is long forgotten thinking about his past. He had finish up his beer. He brought the soft bear that has been accompanying him for his sleep for years near him, the bear was given by her. He hug it tightly to his chest.

"I miss you, Park Sooyoung, I miss you so much.." 

 

5 years ago

 

"Yah Kang Daniel! How could you?" Joy aka Sooyoung exclaim loudly when Wanna One members left Red Velvet waiting room, after greeting and giving out their new album to Red Velvet. Daniel was almost the last one left in the waiting room, when suddenly Sooyoung shouted his names. He can feel his face turns red, his heart is beating so fast. He had make an eye contact with Minhyun teling him to go first. 

"Oh Sorry sunbaenim, why?" He turn around and saw how red Sooyoung face was, staring at him.

"Yah don't you remember who i am?" Sooyoung ask Daniel again looking dissapointed.

"Huh? Sorry sunbaenim, I remember but.." Daniel was feeling nervous as he knows who she is, one of his friends in high school, before he decide to. He wanted to greet her just now but he was shy, he was scared, Joy is a sunbae and from Red Velvet, one of top girl group right now.

"Then if you remember me, how could you ignore me, I thought we were once best friends" Sooyoung said, pouting her lips. 

He looks awkward with her, like he just first saw her the first time. He can only smile politely at her. To be honest he can't contain his happiness, this girl remember him.

"And stop calling me sunbaenim, you can call me as usual. Sooyoung it is" She demand him clearly and glaring at him.

Daniel look at her in awe, the woman in front of her who is dress prettily with stage outfit is the same girl he friends with in school, the girl he once teaches basketball, the soft spoken girl who only speaks when she needs to, the shy girl who can't look at his eyes when talking. The difference he saw now, makes him laugh.

"Hahaha wow Sooyoung, you really change alot, you look different but i am scared people will think i am disrepectful towards you." Daniel reply to her, he try to keep a distance, making sure no one really saw the commotion right now. He look around in case someone saw them, he don't want any scandal or rumours.

"Yah Kang Daniel! Relax, people around here don't really care, don't mind them" Joy saw how his eyes looking around, they are outside Red velvet waiting room, along the corridors where backstage people and idols are walking around. He is just not use to this kind environment, well he just debuted months ago.

"Ah really, i am sorry, i am still a rookie so i don't know much." Daniel apologize to her, as he saw her pouting.

"By the way, how are you Sooyoung?" Daniel ask her.

"I am fine, feeling great, you?" Joy look at Daniel in the eyes, making his heart beating so fast.

"Great, me too, a bit nervous for later, since it is our comeback stage." Daniel eyes can't seem to look at her in the eye. He saw how sparkles her eyes are looking at him when he glance at her face. He hope his face doesn't turn too red, he's way too shy and nervous.

Sooyoung is a goddess, just like what Jaehwan told him the other day. Beautiful indeed.

 

Sooyoung sigh loudly "How could you leave me without telling me? No goodbye letter or anything? I thought we were friends, i try ask around and they told me you quit school and went to Canada. What happen?" She ask Daniel, with anger and upset tone. 

Daniel felt guilty for not telling her but he was too ashamed, he was scared people will look down on him because of his problems. Everyone knows how talented he is in dance and how his wish is to become an idol.

But then he failed all of the auditions, so he decided to run away from everything and quit school. He thought people like her won't want be friends with him, he thought her being his friend was only a pity towards him. If people know about how he was reject from audition, he thought people will laugh at him. He don't have the perfect look, not good in singing, the only talent he has in dance. He realise maybe it is good time to go far away and leave his dream.

But then he thought he could do something just one last time before he quits dancing. He decide to join a last audition and that audition changes everything.

"I am sorry, it was long story, wow so you really became an idol huh? How did you get in SM? I thought you were going to audition at JYP." Daniel apologies to her and try to turn the topic away.

"It was a long story, if I tell you now, you won't believe it, street casting!" Sooyoung told her with her excited tone, he believe she will be street cast one day and told her about that but she won't believe him, saying he is comforting her since she fail the first round audition at JYP.

"Huh? Oh wow really? But of course it's Park Sooyoung right? Last time you won't believe me that you will be street cast but see i told you!" Daniel said. Joy can only laugh when she remember that day when Daniel talk to her about. Those days when two of them are close.

"Hahaha! it's been a long time right? Did you miss me?" Sooyoung bluntly ask him.

He was shocked when she ask that, he admit he miss her the most, the gum smiling girl that always came into his dream.

"I miss you and others too especially the basketball team in our class, Do you still keep in contact with them?" Daniel try to talk about other things. He is not ready to talk about his past feelings.

"Not really but last 4 months, when you join the produce 101, some of our classmates ask me about you, they didn't believe they saw you but then i was not too sure that time, but looking at you right now, It is you!" She said, her eyes never left Daniel.

"Ah really, maybe because I lose a lot of weight and i was not a person who people will remember." Daniel said, he knows he is not a person could always remember. He is no one.

"What? please i know it was you but i was just not sure since your information in naver is not that much." Joy reply to him, encouraging him

 

Joy and Daniel talk among themselves forgotting people passing by them. They were on their world talking about their school, their life as an idol and many more. Daniel is a rookie so he ask a lot of questions, but their talk was cut off by one of the staff calling his names.

"Okay let's talk later, oh ya i will give you my number after the show, Fighting! Take care!" Daniel said and bid goodbye.

"Okay Fighting Daniel! Have fun at stage!" Joy shout after Daniel walk away, she saw from distance waving her back.

Daniel smile to himself when he reach the waiting room, is the past love blooming? He thought it was just a high school crush, but after meeting her again, his heart beats so fast. He can't forget the smile that he misses the most, the voice that he wants to listen is talking to him again, calling out his names after years.

Park Sooyoung what are you doing to me?

 

The music show ended, Daniel was busy wiping his tears at their waiting room, the stylist and manager had left the team among themselves asking them to change and quickly get ready for their next schedule. Everyone was busy changing and waiting for their turn to use the mirror. Only Daniel and Jihoon sat the sofa. Jihoon was engrossed with his game ignoring the noisy commotion among the 10 boys. Daniel was dead tired so he don't have energy left so he sat there wiping his tears.

"Hyung! i think i heard someone knocking the door, can you open it and see who is it?" Jihoon ask Daniel, his eyes are still looking the small screen.

"Really? Wait let me check." Daniel said while walking towards the door.

Daniel open the door and was shocked to see two girls looking at him, with bright smile.

"Hello Daniel! Wow your room is really noisy, i can ever hear you guys voice from our waiting room." Joy said telling how loud Wanna One are. Yeri who stood beside Joy shook her head, agreeing with Joy. Daniel saw Yeri eyes trying to see what happen inside.Curious why it was this loud.

"Ah really? Sorry i will ask them to lower their voices, Sorry sunbaenim." Daniel apologize behalf of his team members. He must remind Jisung about it. He admit they were loud but they didn't expect room beside them can hear them. He felt guilty, he was about to turn to them but Joy hand held him.

"Ah wait not now, let me give you this first, this is my number, text me later when you are free, we need to go to our next schedule now." Joy said, he realise Joy and Yeri has change their outfit. Ah expected as from older groups, they are faster than them.

Joy was about to drag Yeri away when she suddenly shouted, "Oh wait Unnie, Yah Park Jihoon!".

"Huh did i hear someone calling my name?" Jihoon who was busy concentrating at the game he is playing get shocked when someone shouted his name, a girl. Jihoon look at s and they only look at him with questionable look.

"Did i hear a girl shouted your name?" Woojin who was curious ask Jihoon. The member has kept quiet and turn to each other. Sasaeng fan is here?

"I think someone at the door calling for you." Jisung said.

"Ah really?" Jihoon says, he walk to the door and saw Daniel shock face looking at him. Daniel eyes gives him a question look. 

"Yah Park Jihoon, if i catch you ignoring me, i will kill you!" Park Jihoon face turn pale, Kim Yerim is here... Yes he knew who voice it is. He was about to hide himself, when he felt a hand holding his shoulder, a small and delicate hand. Jihoon gulp his saliva. He didn't intend to ignore her but he was just shy, well they havent met for almost 5 years. Both of them have grown, especially her, so pretty that Jihoon can't believe when he saw Yeri at backstage the other day.

"Yah Are you trying to run away from me?" Yeri exclaim loudly, Jihoon turn his head slowly, Yeri face has turn bright red. He try to ask help from Daniel who was looking at the scene in front of him in awe.

"HAHAHA Ya Kim Yerim, Stop torturing him, did you see how pale Jihoon is?" Joy try to control her laughter but Yeri is too much, well Yeri had kept for so long, both of them were quite close during their trainee days. She is not sure how close they were.

Daniel and Joy laugh at Jihoon and Yeri who are quarreling. The other Wanna One members who heard the commotion are looking at them in awr. They had stop doing their things after hearing Yeri shouted Jihoon name just now.

"Yah Yeri let him go, we need to go now, faster manager is calling already!" Joy shouted after seeing how the problems is drag longer when Jihoon ear are being pulled by Yeri.

"Okay i will let you go now, but i will find you again in two days, i will make sure you regret forgetting about me." Yeri said, smirking at Jihoon.

Jihoon eyes filled with fear.

"Oh Hello Wanna One, you guys did great just now! Annyeong!" Yeri said to the members who are behind them. She gave the sweetest smile and when her eyes caught Jihoon, she glare at him.

Joy drag Yeri out, she apologize to all of them and say her goodbye to Daniel.

 

The members were stunned, after few seconds someone broke the silent.

"Hyung, What just happen? Did Yeri just pull Jihoon ear?" Jaehwan ask the older boys.

"Wow i cant believe Yeri is close with Jihoon!" Jinyoung said

"Jihoon, Are you okay? Hello Jihoon, Are you there?" Daniel who was beside him try to call Jihoon name and bring him back to himself.

Jihoon has been staring at the floor.

"Hyung, i am going to die, soon, help me hyung!" Jihoon exclaim loudly.

His ears had turn bright red and he shivers thinking what will happen to him in two days time.

"Hahaha relax you won't die, trust me, she is just joking right?" Woojin said, while laughing seeing his bestfriend reaction.

"No that girl can kill someone with , i know how much she can do, help me hyung!" Jihoon sat at the sofa with a blank face.

Daniel can only laugh seeing his brother reaction, he admit Yeri looks scary but Joy was scarier to him. She is playing with his heart and he is scared of what will happen to him and his heart.

END OF FLASHBACK

Daniel woke up with cold sweats, he had a bad dream of her crying in a mess. He try to go to her and hug her but he can't touch her. He try to do everything he can do to talk or touch her but nothing is working.

"Sooyoung ah, i am sorry, please forgive me. I am sorry.." 

 

 

....................

I wanted go make this in one shot but i cant, i am tired hahaha and i have been keeping this story for awhile. So yest and today i decided to edit it and add more. Have fun reading.

To subscribers Thank you and to peope who are waiting for updates from other fic, i will update it sooner. ❤❤❤❤