Not a hello, not a goodbye

Goodbye

The cold sweats, heavy breathing, he have gone through it this past few weeks.
The last dream he had haunted him till now.
Two weeks has passed but he can still remember the dream. Her cries and sorrow, he can feel all of it. 

His fault right? But didn't she move on? Its been 4 years.

4 years is long, a very long for her to remember him. 
'Don't remember me, the man who hurt you.' Daniel whisper softly to himself, seeing her face at TV. He was turning the channel when he came across her in advertisement. She looks stunning and happy. He hopes she stays this cheerful, he hope she is acting her happiness. He want her to fill her happiness.

'Go to a man who loves you all of his life, the man that can cherishes her that can do everything just for her'

He knows this is his punishment. God wanted to punish him for hurting people who loves him. He look at the mirror, the outline of the mirror is artistic, he bought it for a few thousand. Then he look at himself, the eyebags he had, the pale face that looks like he will die anytime sooner. 

What happen to him?

His dream comes true, he had everything, everything than anyone else.

But why the mirror says otherwise? But why the person he is looking at looks different from what he picture himself.


Flashback 4 years ago,

"Daniel, Are you sure you love her?" Jisung ask him, one day when they are the only one in the practice room. They are having practice for their concert and the other boys had left. 

"Yes hyung, she is my life, i love her so much that i willing to do everything to get her." Daniel look at Jisung with sincerity. Jisung admit Daniel is really in love with this woman name Sooyoung, he never saw Daniel this serious.

"Then i hope you happy with every decision you take, i will always support you." Jisung pat Daniel back. Jisung left the practice room, bidding him bye.

Daniel look at the mirror, yes he will do everything for her. He loves her so much. He wants to have a future with her. 

"Should i call her now? I am missing her voice." Daniel said while taking out his phone, seeing if there is any messages from her.


Daniel and Joy grow closer after that incident at Music show. its been 6 months. They text every single day, talk for hours on the phone. She was there when he was down. She was there when people critize him. She was also there when he was tired and went things aren't going well. When he can't meet his family, she was there to cheer him up, saying both of them have the same situations too. She miss her family just like him. 

They become each other source of happiness. She is all of his life. 

The cheerful voice or the grumpy Joy in the morning, that he falls for, the one that makes him move forward.

"Daniel, Thank you for listening to my problems and cheering me, i am glad that we have each other." Joy said on the other line. She had just finish crying and Daniel listen to her worries as usual. She thank him for being there for her.

"Sooyoung, i am always here for you, same goes to you, i am glad i had you." Daniel wish he can be beside her the whole time.


"Sooyoung, i want to be with you till the end, can i ?" Daniel ask, he was sitting beside her. They had just finish talking about her worries.

They were sitting at the bench park near her dorm. He had run out from his dorm, after Joy told him that she feels like dying because no one actually loves her and how mess is her life. Daniel run to her dorm with all of his disguise.

He ask her to meet him at the park. She came down looking shagged. There is no sparkles in her eyes.

Daniel decide to let his feeling known. He knows it is not the right time but he can't wait. He don't want her to have those thoughts again, wanting to die. He don't want her to die. He needs her.
"Sooyoung, meeting you makes me realise my dreams again, those days when we are only 16 years old, when both of us dream to become an idol, you support me when people thought i can't make it, you were the only one who push me till here, you play a bigger part in my life than you ever think. I was striving so hard to be here just to show you this, i let you go when i was 17 just to show you that our dream needs to come true, i always think that when i had everything, i will have you. I know we are still young, but can you stays with me till the end? Sooyoung ah let's stay together for a very long time.." 

Joy turn to me, with red teary eyes, she held my cheeks and wipe the tears. Her hands were so soft.

"Even though soon we will be busy with our idol life and will be miles apart, i will always be there for you, Daniel.." 


End of flashback

Daniel remember every single thing clearly that day, that day they make a promise but he broke it.

Why did he broke it when he can actually did something?

He is dumb, he smash his wine glass that still have some wine left to the wall, it brokes, just like how she looks on that day. On the day he decided to let her go. The dumbest things he ever done. He had to, he make a promise. Those people told him, if he leave her, she won't be hurt anymore. 

He is just a plain jerk.

I am sorry Sooyoung...

He went down on his knees. He wailed loudly.

He never cries like today before, that day when he broke off with her, he never shed any tears. His thoughts are filled with greed and Sooyoung deserve a better man. 

"Hyung, why does my heart hurts so much? Why is everything coming back to me? What happen to me hyung?" Daniel get his phone and dial Seongwoo. He rant adrubtly after Seongwoo answer the call.

Seongwoo on the other line was shocked when he saw Daniel name popping out on his phone. Seongwoo knew he was drunk after listening to Daniel voice. Seongwoo and Daniel has not been in contact for months after last accident, where Seongwoo gave up on him. He was tired of Daniel plain jerk attitude.

Seongwoo wanted him to patch back things up with others especially Minhyun and Jihoon. The three of them have not talk to each other for years and Seongwoo being best friends with Daniel and also Minhyun wanted both of them to reconcile again. Of course Seongwoo fail on doing so, he was even curse by Daniel. Seongwoo gave up, he can't stand Daniel attitude anymore, he had kept with him for years because he pity him and trust him. 

"Hyung, when you left me that day, i curse you so much and hate you but today everything's come backs to me. I miss you Hyung, i miss Minhyun, I miss Jihoon, i miss my Wanna One members and i miss her, I can't get her out of my mind for weeks, help me hyung, come back and help me.." Daniel sobs loudly, letting his feelings out,

"Hyung, i am sorry for letting you go too, i am such a bad friend right?"

"Daniel you are drunk, go to sleep, I am sorry Daniel but tomorrow you will forget about all of this."

"No hyung, i am not drunk, i only had a sip of wine, i am hopeless, i realise my mistakes, my greed and i should be punish, Hyung ......."

Seongwoo sigh loudly, infront of him were Minhyun and her. They were talking happily and their eyes filled with love. Seongwoo wanted to protect this two humans infront of him. He don't want to see either two of them get hurt again. She had found her happiness, after so long. He was there when Minhyun tells him that he loves her and he don't want her to get hurt again.

"Daniel, i am afraid it is too late, but i will come to you now, don't think about killing yourself." Seongwoo said rushing out of the bar, leaving the two lovebirds looking at him weirdly.

"Seongwoo! Where are you going?" Minhyun shouted to him. MInhyun saw how anxious he looks, the two of them went to him. Minhyun knows something bad must have happen, seeing how pale Seongwoo looks.

"Minhyun, Sooyoung, i need to go, he needs me." Seongwoo nervously says.

"Who? i heard you calling Daniel name, what happen to him?" Sooyoung said, she actually heard Seongwoo conversation just now, she grew anxious when she say Seongwoo eyes teary.

"Daniel wanted to kill himself. Minhyun!"

"Daniel wanted to end his pain." 

Minhyun turn numb, he was shocked and speechless. He turn and see Sooyoung in tears. He needs to save Daniel no matter what, he still care for him.

 

Daniel eyes were on Tv, he had turn on to Youtube, he opens one by one videos of him performing with Wanna One, he saw how happy he was. He sat there with teary eyes.

'I miss my old self, but it was too late now."

 

 

 

 

**********************************************************