Not an ending

Goodbye

Millions of thoughts are playing inside his mind. Daniel ended the call with Seongwoo minutes ago, throwing his phone at the floor, it was smashed badly. He can't bear the burden, pain and loneliness anymore. He was tired of everything. The pills he has been taking can't calm him anymore, he is badly hurt, because of himself. He admit his greed makes him like this. 

His mother told him, he is too independent and always keeping his feelings inside. Individualist? He did everything on his own, because he never trust anyone, he let people go because he was scared hurting them.

Daniel pour another glass of wine, the wine taste bitter, not as sweet as usual. The expensive wine that he bought can't make him happy. He wanted to be happy. 

He took another sip of wine. Giggling at himself, laughing at his silliness, his state right now.

Then he heard voices, telling him he should end everything, end all his pain. The same voices that haunting him since last week. Telling him to die.

 

He took another sip of the wine, after few shots he finish the bottle. He open another one, much more stronger and without realising he is drunk.

'Wah i really have the best view of hangang, i should see it nearer', he whisper to himself. His eyes turn blurry, he walks off to the balcony. The great view, he took a deep breathe. It was fall season, it was a bit windy and he shivers when his hand touch the railing of the balcony.

"I would love to die with this view, beautiful." He shouted, he don't care if anyone heard him or not. His apartment is on the 20th floor and he bet no one even heard him.

He took a deep breathe, he let out a deep sigh, he felt that his pain will gone soon. 

He close his eyes tightly.

He saw flashback of himself when he was young, his parents are still together that time were playing with him, it end with him laughing to his parents, then he saw himself again, during middle school when he just started Bboy, dancing so passionately, showing his skills to his friends.

The next flashback plays one by one infront of his eyes, when he first became a trainee, when he perform for the first time at produce 101, when he won the Produce 101 competitions Every memories that plays a big part on his life plays one bye one.

Then it stop to her face smiling at him, laughing and giggling. He saw himself laughing at her, caressing her face and holding her hand.

"i am sorry Sooyoung, i am sorry. This is my karma, for hurting you."

He open his eyes slowly. Without him realising he was at the other side, if he let go of his hand now, the stuffiness, the pain and struggle will end. The voices will stop and everything will be alright.


“Daniel! Yah Kang Daniel! Open this door now!” Someone shouted outside his door.

'Seongwoo hyung?' He whisper to himself. he turn his head to his living room. 

"Kang Daniel, Open the door! Please open the door, Please we are here for you, please open the door" He heard someone cries, it was her. 

But why is she here? She didn't call for her. He laugh to himself, he was drunk right, the voices he just heard is just a delusion that he wanted to hear before he go. His mind is playing with him. 


“Daniel-ah, Open the door!” Seongwoo shouted, banging the door. He cried out loud, pleading Daniel to open the door.

“Kang Daniel! Daniel!” Sooyoung shouted her lungs out, her face had turn pale, her eyes are red. Minhyun was beside her trying to open the door, trying to guess the lock pin number. He had tried a few combination but fail. He wanted to call the security to open the door but he can't waste anytime, he knew the combination number that on his mind right now must be one of it. 

“Daniel-ah, Hyung is here, open the door please.” Minhyun shouted. His hand is still busy with the pin, and click. 


Daniel turns his head facing the door, it was not voices, they are here.

“Ah maybe... but its time. I need to go."Daniel whispers to himself.

"Ah what a nice weather! Sorry and Goodbye world!" Daniel shouted.

He was about to release his hand from the rail when someone call out his name, the voice is near, behind him.

"Daniel! Please don't do this.." 

Daniel turn and saw Minhyun looking at him.

"Hyung?" Daniel whisper softly.

"Yes, hyung is here, please don't do this" Minhyun walk closely to him, he held Daniel shoulder. His hand automatically held Daniel hand that was holding on the railing. His eyes were pleading Daniel to stop. 

Why is he here?

 

'Why?'

'Daniel ignore him, just go. Go and die'

'You want to be happy right? let go of your hand and your pain will be gone'

 

"Shut up!!!!" Daniel shouted loudly, trying to stop the voices.

Daniel turn his head to Minhyun, their eyes met. He didn't hear anything that is coming out from Minhyun mouth. Daniel just let Minhyun help him to get back to the other side. Minhyun were holding him so tight, helping him to walk to inside his apartment. His legs turn wobbily but Minhyun quickly held him. 

The next thing Minhyun did, makes Daniel shocked.

 

Daniel heard sobs, a soft sobs from the person holding him. Minhyun turn him, their eyes met, Daniel saw how hurt Minhyun was. Minhyun let go of his hand and hug him tightly. 

"Hyung.." Daniel said, he was dumbfounded.

Daniel was numb, his eyes were roaming around his apartment, it was a mess, then his eyes caught the balcony.

He almost kill himself.

He was about to jump off from his apartment.

 

and Minhyun is here with him. Crying because of him.

Then it hit him, the reality hit him.

 

"Daniel-ah, Sorry.. I am really sorry." Minhyun hand patting Daniel back.

Daniel can't control his feelings anymore, he cries his eyes out, bawling. He can't believe what he was about to do few minutes back. His eyes caught a woman few meters away, her knees are on the floor, looking at him with red eyes, the tears are rolling at her cheeks. Then he saw the person next to her. Standing looking at him with expression that he won't want to see from him.

Seongwoo walk slowly to Minhyun and Daniel. He was dragging his feet, he has lost his energy from his leg from the incident just now.

Daniel eyes met Seongwoo eyes, "Hyung, i am sorry." Daniel said to Seongwoo.

Minhyun release the hug, he look at Seongwoo walking towards them.

"Are you crazy?" Seongwoo shouted his lungs out. His fist meet Daniel face.

Daniel lost his balance and fall to the floor. He brought his knees to his face, yes he is crazy. He cries his eyes out, wailling loudly. Seongwoo was angry at Daniel but he was actually angry at himself, for slipping away and leaving Daniel alone. He didn't expect Daniel to have such thought of killing himself. He was shocked too see all of the commotion just now.

Daniel was shaking, he was scared. He felt so scared. He was sorry for making his friends worried, for making them see something they shouldn't have see.

 

Seongwoo sat next to Daniel, hugging him at the right side. He try to ease Daniel shaking by holding his shoulder.

"It's okay, Daniel, It's okay." Seongwoo said by Daniel side. 

Minhyun eyes caught Sooyoung crouching near them sobbing, he walk towards Sooyoung who is on the floor and help her up. He hold her at the side and walk her to the nearest sofa, letting her sit at the sofa. He held her shoulder, Sooyoung look up, her eyes met him. Minhyun wanted to tell her to stop crying and everything is okay now but he can't seem to say so. He only nod his head and left the three of them at the living room.

Minhyun walk toward the kitchen to get some water for Daniel. He look around and saw how messy the apartment was. The pillows are everywhere on the floor. He saw some bits of glass shattered on the floor. The smell of Wine and Soju spread at his nose, Daniel was drunk, and he knows that something must have happend to him till he lost himself. Maybe because of him. Maybe he fail being a brother to him.

'Daniel, i am sorry for leaving you all alone. I am sorry.' Minhyun whisper softly.

 

Minhyun had brought the crying Daniel to his bed. Seongwoo helps Daniel by his side, holding his shoulder. Daniel fall in deep asleep after Minhyun gave him some painkillers. Seongwoo who never leave Daniel side, fall asleep after Daniel asleep.

Minhyun walk out from Daniel room and look for Sooyoung. She was not at the sofa and even the living room. Then he heard some clinking on bottles at the kitchen. He walk to the kitchen and saw her back cleaning up the soju bottle on the floor. He walk toward her and took the bottle from her. He ignore her gaze and brought the bottle to the dustbin. 

Sooyoung look at his back, her eyes follow his move. She didn't know what to say. She was speechless, she felt scared with everything.

"Oppa, i am sorry." Joy said and left the kitchen.

Sooyoung walk towards the living room, looking for her purse. All she wanted to do now is to calm herself down. Being here makes her suffocates. Then her eyes caught the magazines spread all of the floor, pictures of her at the floor near the small table beside the sofa. Her heart stops.

Daniel was looking at her pictures?

But why?

Then her eyes met a box below the table, she took the box and was shocked to see the content. More pictures of her, her group album, her solo album and everything has her on it. 

She felt her hand shaking, is she the reason for everything? 

 

"Sooyoung ah, why are your hand shaking? Are you okay? What are those?" Minhyun who realise Sooyoung who was on the floor with a box infront of her. Her hands were shaking holding a photo.

"Oppa.." Sooyoung can't seem to told him. She was shocked. She didn't know how to tell him about what she has just found out.

Minhyun sat beside her, holding her shoulder. He saw everything. 

Sooyoung hug him, she don't expect this. If she was the reason for all of this, she won't forgive herself. She cried harder when Minhyun hug her back. 

"Don't blame yourself, let's ask him when everything cools down okay." Minhyun said, patting her back softly. 

 

Minhyun shivers thinking maybe he was the main reason for everything. He was the one who push Daniel away and fall for the woman that Daniel loves.

But Daniel was the one who break her. 

He was trying to help but he pushes him away so he decide to help her.

Then he falls for her.

But now so many thoughts are playing inside his mind.

What happen to Daniel?

What really happen to him?