Viscaria

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

"Zheng ge!!!!" Nongnong tugged on his arm with the cutest little grin. 

 

He supposes the kids are cute. What he doesn't understand, though, are how tall they are. Of course, he was nowhere near short at 183 centimetres, but these kids were growing yet none of them were more than 5 or 6 inches shorter than him. They still acted like the cute devilish idiots they were though. Zhengting sighed a little under his breath.

 

Justin and Chengcheng were whispering to each other and Zhengting noticed how the youngest boy's cheeks and ears were tinged red. From what he gathers though, Chengcheng is a dense idiotic dork and wouldn't notice if Justin turned the shade of a firetruck. Young love, Zhengting thought. He never really had that, but it definitely absolutely adorable.

 

Quanzhe and Nongnong, on the other hand, were doing actual homework at the short coffee table in front of the couch. One of the them would ever so often tug Zhengting's sleeve or call out to him for help and Zhengting couldn't refuse either of the adorable babies. (Yes, they were 16, with the exception of Justin, who had an early birthday but was 15. They were still babies though.)

 

Zhengting was zoning out, also very secretively sneaking glances towards Chengstin. (Quanzhe and Nongnong's words. Plus, it was a cute name anyway.) At some point he was positive Justin had the most fanboying smile on his face and regretted in taking a picture. From then on he kept his phone camera out and caught several pictures of heavily blushing Justin, along with some others. He also might have taken some pictures of the two by his feet. They were absolutely adorable and he could not help himself.

 

After another hour or two, he was finally free from double the demons. He went back home, just to find Xukun, and a huge pile of junk takeout food. 

 

"Are you trying to spoil me, Kun?" Zhengting laughed.

 

"Why shouldn't I?" He shrugged. "I also sorta feel bad that you can't dance and it's kinda my fault, so I decided to make it up with extra food."

 

"Well," Zhengting grabbed a slice of pizza from the box. "I'm not complaining, it's free food. Plus you're rich enough to afford it." The older shrugged again and also grabbed a slice of pizza. 

 

"The only real civil and reasonable interactions I had with you involve food," Xukun added as an afterthought.

 

Zhengting wracked is now-back memory. They didn't get along at first. The café and the arcade went okay. Those involved food. When they made up, Xukun brought him a whole pile of sweets. So the older was right. Was he that easy to win over?

 

"Now that I think of it, you're right... Is that a bad thing?" Zhengting laughed a bit and took another bite of the pizza.

 

"Nah," Xukun answered and they proceeded to eat.  

 

They were steadily working through all the food and at some point Xukun started playing a movie. Zhengting wasn't even sure what the plotline, rather distracted with everything else. The food, not to mention the older.

 

After about another hour, the movie was over. Zhengting found himself laying with his head in the blonde's lap. His heart pounds a little when he realizes this. It shouldn't be. Why was there this feeling in his heart? What even was the feeling and why on earth was it directed to Xukun, his now-friend?

 

"What do you want to do?" Xukun asked after a couple minutes of sitting in silence, Zhengting enjoying the older's fingers running through his hair, just a little. 

 

"I don't know... We could watch another movie, or we could go somewhere but I don't know where we would go because I'm hurt and supposed to be resting." He said the last bit with sarcasm, rolling his eyes.

 

"I could show you my friends," Xukun suggested. "Yours are in school anyway and there's a couple of mine who live around here anyway." 

 

"Go ahead, I mean, I don't have anything better to suggest anyway." Zhengting shrugs. Xukun nods and pulls out his phone.

 

"I invited Ziyi." The older blonde stated. "Few things you might want to know about him. We've been friends for half of forever and our parents are business partners. Hence, he's also rich as hell. He might seem like a jerk, but he's actually super nice."

 

Zhengting nodded, smiling a little to himself. Who else seemed like a jerk but really was nice after all? Oh, definitely not the person next to him, who's name starts with Cai and ended with Xukun. 

 

After a couple minutes, Wang Ziyi, Xukun's friend was over at their house. Ziyi was tall, taller than bother Zhengting and Xukun. Damn, why was everyone around Zhengting just so tall nowadays? First Wenjun and now Ziyi. He had an undercut and the top of his hair was braided. He looked quite scary to Zhengting if he were to be honest. 

 

Somehow he didn't feel left out between the two older students, which he had fully expected, but they managed to hold a proper 3 way conversation, starting with courses, moving on to dance. Ziyi was big on b-boying, apparently, and while it wasn't anywhere near Zhengting's thing, it looked pretty cool. Zeren would probably like to see this. 

 

For some reason, Ziyi was also mesmerised when Zhengting informed him of his major and his dancing style. He started bugging him to show it, which he fully would have if he hadn't bumped his head. Thankfully, Xukun informed him of the injury and after a little bit of fuss over his bandaged head, he grabbed his laptop and found a video of his dance for an assignment a couple months back. 

 

The assignment only had 2 songs to choose from and it was really the whole challenge. It was had for Zhengting, since neither songs really matched his dancing style but he chose the slower song and worked with it. It turned out okay. Sure, it wasn't his best work, but it was nothing to be ashamed of.

 

Plus, Ziyi and even Xukun looked captured by his choreography. So he hadn't shown Xukun his dancing either. Right. He'd forgotten, what with this whole 1 month dance ban and weird stuff happening. 

 

When it was over, both of them looked absolutely awestruck. Ziyi whispered something to Xukun, making him slap the taller on his arm, hard, and his ears started turning a bright pink. 

 

They really did have a good time with Ziyi but he was busy with something and left early, and it was back to the two of them in the house. 

 

"I didn't know you were that good at dancing." Xukun complimented.

 

"Thanks." Zhengting responded. He had gotten lots of compliments for his dancing, so this should be no different, right?

 

Wrong.

 

At least, according to his heart, Xukun was special in some way.

 

Enough to make him jittery and fluttery, and for his heart to beat fast enough for his cheeks to tingle pink and red. Enough for it to be hard to look him straight in the eye without everything just getting worse. Enough to confuse him and mess with his emotions.

 

What was happening to him?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written at 1am. Sorry for the long wait!

I don't remember if I clarified this properly, but I changes some ages. Mostly I just aged down Zhengting and aged up Xukun though. Ziyi is the same age as Xukun. They are 21. Zhengting is 20 and so are most of his friends and dance people. (Zeren, Xinchun, Wenjun, Xingjie, Yanchen, anyone else I might mention) Quanzhe, Nongnong and Chengcheng are all 16 and Justin is 15 but he goes to school a year above. I hope that's helpful to everyone!