Star of Bethlehem

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

Xukun turned back to see what had happened when he heard a thud behind him.

 

He panicked when he saw.

 

Zhengting was on the stairs, unconscious, probably having had taken a wrong step and slipped.

 

He did not mean to hurt the other in any way. Hell, if anything, he wanted to talk to the younger, explain why the heck everything happened. He did not mean to lose his cool today, he wanted to keep whatever this was going for at least a while, it was fun and Zhengting was cute. But now was a good time to drop it as any. It dropped as fast as his jacket in his arms fell from his grip.

 

"Zhengting??" He called out in vain, hoping that the injury wasn't serious and Zhengting could get up. "Zhu Zhengting? Are you okay?? Zhengting?" No such luck happened and Xukun had no clue what to do. Deciding not to bring him to the hospital himself, he called an ambulance.

 

20 minutes later, he was sitting on a chair next to Zhengting's bed, said boy being hooked up to some IVs. The younger had hit his head when he fell. Thankfully, Zhengting hadn't hit his head very hard and he was going to be fine in a couple hours. 

 

That left Xukun to contemplate everything he had done wrong to Zhengting and how on earth to apologize.

 

When they first met, he had no clue what had gotten into him. Zhengting was beautiful, and he didn't want to admit it. He didn't even want to admit he was gay, his friends would probably all disown him if he did. So instead of being nice to the taller and showing his actual feelings, he decided to be an . Which made no sense because he still somehow was trying to woo him and win him over. He sighed under his breath, muttering about how stupid he was, but the deed had been done. 

 

For some reason, the act stayed for longer than he anticipated. It also made him do the weirdest things. Xukun, really, was shy. His normal self shuddered at the thought that he had almost kissed Zhengting the day prior, only the day when they had met. Xukun was an introvert, none of this and how he was acting made any sense to him. But he was doing it anyway for some reasons that even any God wouldn't know.

 

Being the idiot he was, he thought it would've been easier to win Zhengting over if he wasn't shy. Now he knew he would have won Zhengting over better if he was a literal rock better than the ty job he had done with the fake act he put on. Looking back, he now saw how he could've been friends with him from the beginning. Zhengtin wasn't really the unapproachable fairy Xukun originally thought him to be.

 

He didn't mean to scare Zhengting, really. That day at the restaurant, Xukun didn't mean the gesture to make Zhengting uncomfortable. He was a generally touchy person, especially when it came to the people he was close with. He was tired and Zhengting was a lot like some of the members of his dance team. Just way prettier. He felt comfortable, even though they had only met that day. Plus,sleep took over and honestly, he remembered half the things that had happened that night. 

 

Everything else was purely fake. But one thing was the same for both real and act Xukun. He wanted Zhengting. But there was problems about that. 

 

He still wants Zhengting. Looking down at the boy laying in bed, he looks as beautiful as ever. He was even more beautiful when he wasn't scowling. It makes him feel guilty that he's the one who puts that scowl on his face.

 

His eyes skimmed over the younger. His hair was dyed blond and it made him look like an absolute real-life prince. There were several piercings in his ears. His eyes were closed but when they were open they were a charming slight mismatch. With blond hair, he didn't even look Chinese, heck, he didn't even look human. Rather he looked superhuman, like an angel or maybe a fairy. He'd never seen him with any other colour of hair but the blond almost looked like his natural hair colour. Ah, and his lips. That Xukun came so close to kissing. He was only trying to shush him with his index finger but it was like a force pushed him, or rather pulled him in.

 

His lips were still tempting, but Xukun shook his head, discouraging himself. He doesn't deserve Zhengting. Yet. But he would make the younger his. Step by step, little by little. He had to show him he was better than how he had been the last couple days.

 

He tried to imagine himself on a date with the other. All his could think of was Zhengting scowling at him and he vowed to himself that he would fix that. If anything, that very day seemed as good as any. If only he looked out for Zhengting, he wouldn't have tripped. He mentally cursed himself again.

 

There were so many things he had done wrong. Too little he had done right. Zhengting already hated him. Was it too late to fix? Xukun's brain went through a million and one scenarios of everything that could go wrong. Before his brain exploded from the over activity, Zhengting's eyes fluttered open and a look of confusion filled his face.

 

"What happened?" Oh boy, Xukun thought. Head injury. Nobody told him Zhengting was going to lose his memory too. Just then the doctor bustled in to check on the injured boy. After checking a couple of things he informs Xukun that Zhengting's memory has simply gone hazy and that his brain should be back to order in just a bit, it was sort of the same as if you shut down a phone. He was also free to be discharged soon.

 

So until then, they talk. It only takes ten or so minutes for Zhengting to seem normal again. And he actually seems to want to talk to Xukun.

 

Maybe it wasn't as impossible as Xukun thought.

 

Little by little, step by step.

 

They could be friends.

 

---------------------------------------------

There's no plot just endless worship of how perfect Zhengting is and I relate to Kunkun so much in this chapter!
Also is mostly based off of Zhengting with blond hair bc he is a literal prince