Thorn Apple

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

Zhengting woke up with a headache (real this time, maybe Xukun predicted his future) and a sinking realization that his quality time with Xukun was reality and not just a bad dream. He sighed and took the Advil that he had no use for last night. Why was Xukun so determined on torturing him? He never really did anything so horrible to him for him to hate him or anything. How could he drop out of whatever this was without making Mrs. Cai upset. (hint, he couldn't)

 

Also, what did Xukun say he was going to be around for a while? Wasn't he going to go back to his business school? What was the that was up? The last thing he needed on his plate was some boy trying to mess his entire life up. School was enough torture.

 

However, Zhengting decided to go to the place of torture anyway. It was a Sunday but the dance practice rooms would be open and Zhengting felt a bit stiff since he hadn't danced or even stretched the day before. It was still early anyway, and a good way to get away from the infinite source of unwanted comments which was the Cais' son, Cai Xukun. He wondered how such nice people could have such a y son, as he grabbed a random granola bar for breakfast.

 

After absentmindedly putting on whatever comfortable clothes he could find, he headed to the school and made a beeline across campus to the studio. By the time he was there, there were also a couple people practicing in each of the rooms. He headed to the room he normally practiced in and found it already occupied with some of his friends, which wasn't really a surprise. Especially since they lived on campus anyway, and they lived more in the room than they did at their dorms. 

 

He opened the door and Wenjun, Xinchun and Zeren greeted him in a tired fashion. He greeted them back, knowing they probably spent the night in the practice room. He stretched (to the rest jealousy; he had taken modern for 12 years and he was flexible to say the least) and played his music for his new solo piece for an assignment. Solos were always the easiest for him, no clashing of opinions on music, choreography, timing. It was just his mind and his body and the music. This particular assignment was easy; choreograph a piece that described you and told a story. Zhengting was used to stories in dancing. After all, modern is nothing without acting.

 

He doesn't even realize it's been three hours since he arrived. It was now around 10:30, so he should be heading back. He gathered his stuff up. 

 

"You're leaving early, ge," Zeren commented. He nodded in agreement, not wanting to explain why he was leaving so early. He was ahead in his assignment anyway. He left and walked back home. He wondered where Xukun was even going to take him. He had only left his thoughts briefly, when Zhengting was dancing. He walked into his room, grabbing some clothes (he didn't pay quite enough attention to look at what he had picked out, but he looked good in nearly anything so it didn't really matter) and took a shower.

 

Once he was out of the shower, the house seemed to be alive. He purposely didn't leave his room because so. Several hours with Xukun, alone, was enough testing for his patience, he didn't need any extra time with the than he had to spend. 

 

Around 12, his door opened and Xukun was there, in his awfully attractive boy glory. Zhengting scowled a little but fixed his face up in a very fake smile before he turned towards the former.

 

"We're leaving soon, Princess, are you ready?" So Xukun hadn't learned his lesson about calling him Princess. He decided to let it slip for now. 

 

"Yeah sure," Zhengting said, getting up from his desk and grabbing his phone and a jacket. "I'm good." Xukun led him out (which annoyed him a little, since he did know how to get out of the house) and to the parking lot. 

 

Xukun, of course, had a quite expensive looking car. He gestures for Zhengting to sit in the passenger seat as he opens the door to the driver's. Zhengting really would rather not give Xukun control over where to take him, but as far as he's known him, he might be an but he wasn't dangerous. He reluctantly opened the door to Xukun's surprisingly clean car and sat down. 

 

Xukun was a rather pleasant driver, really. No road rage, no speeding, no violation of anything. Just good driving. Well, Zhengting thought. There is something he's good at, besides being a boy. Now that he thought of it, there was a lot of things Xukun was good at. Not that Zhengting really appreciated most of his talents. Zhengting was all the way an arts person, especially performance and musical arts, like dancing and singing. From what he'd been told and could tell, Xukun seemed to be quite the opposite at his business school, math and social studies and whatnot. 

 

It didn't take them very long to get to their destination, a small but pleasant looking café. Xukun parked in the same manner that he had driven the entire time and turned the car engine off, looking at Zhengting. Said person was very surprised at how normal this was going so far, maybe because nobody had really talked yet. He was sure, however, that Xukun would ruin it the second he opened his mouth. 

 

He was momentarily wrong because the first thing Xukun said since they left the house was a question as to what Zhengting wanted. He answered half-heartedly with whatever sounded good. He wasn't huge on cafes or coffee in the first place so he wasn't quite sure what he ordered but when it came out it looked decently edible. (he still wasn't sure exactly what it was but that was fine)

 

"So," Xukun said, back to his normal, somewhat snarky manner. "We should be getting to know each other, Princess." There it was again. Zhengting inwardly groaned but tired not to show any dislike of the name. By now, he had learned that to be affected by Xukun's mannerisms meant he was losing to him and Zhengting did not like losing.

 

"Fine," He answered, looking at the other expectantly for a question.

 

"What are you like when you're not scowling at me like you want to kill me?" He asked, Zhengting scowled before fixing his expression quickly into something more of dislike.

 

"For one, I do want to kill you," Xukun merely nodded, as if this were normal conversation. "And I dance, thank you very much." He informed. 

 

"Dance.." Xukun parroted and Zhengting looked at him, studying his expression.

 

"Don't even give me the look," Zhengting glared as coldly as he could manage as a warning to Xukun.

 

"I wasn't going to do anything bad," Xukun defends himself and for a split second, Zhengting sees something that's not what Xukun's been showing him this entire time. It was an emotion that looked new on his face than any other. What was it, he asked himself. Maybe it was sincerity. Maybe it was caring. Now that the moment passed, maybe Zhengting won't ever know again. But whatever that was, Zhengting believes him and nods. Xukun looks surprised that Zhengting wasn't trying to fight but looked somewhat happy nevertheless. "What dance do you do?"

 

"Modern and traditional," Zhengting answers, almost robot like. He's said that phrase over and over again, and almost every time, people would respond with "Oh, cool," or something along the lines. What he didn't expect is Xukun's response and for the second time that day he surprises him.

 

"I do hiphop, if you're interested, we can teach each other," For some reason, Xukun seems different. And although Zhengting likes this Xukun way better, he isn't sure if he believes him. When Zhengting looks up from his food, he wonders if the other is blushing or not. He dismisses it as the temperature in the café or his tea or something. Xukun seemed like the coffee type but it turned out he couldn't even drink it. 

 

"What are you doing?" He asked, demanding for a answer. Xukun just looked confused.

 

"What do you mean?" Okay, that actually looked like a blush this time.

 

"Why aren't you being an ?" Zhengting asked, as straightforward as he could get himself to be. That had to be a blush on Xukun's cheeks. Nothing was adding up. What was happening?

 

------------------------------------------------------

Slight cliffhanger? What's a beta? I don't even know her. Do you guys want a chapter in Xukun's point of view instead of Zhengting's? It might break the flow a little but it would be interesting, I would be willing to try if you guys want me to! I appreciate kudos, bookmarks and especially comments! Everyone is so nice!