Blue Rose

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

This is going to be so short please don't kill me I couldn't write more because well, you'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Zhengting continued to look at the other for an answer. Xukun turned his gaze away, pretending not to hear what Zhengting had asked, but Zhengting knew he must've heard. Instead he changed the topic, since they were both finished eating anyway. The question still bugged Zhengting though, tugging at toe back of his mind and demanding for attention.

 

"We can leave now, if you're good," Xukun says and Zhengting nods. Even though Xukun wasn't answering his question he had no intent of making this any more awkward than it already was, especially since there was still a good chunk of time he had to spend with the other.

 

They got back into the car and Xukun drove into downtown. The ride wasn't long until they reached a rather old looking brick building with a pair a glass doors leading to stairs. Zhengting had no clue where this might be. He didn't ever quite make a habit of going into downtown often, even opting out of group movies. (Movies with his friends gave him a headache, they were all just like kids) 

 

Zhengting's opinion of Xukun was starting to change a little. He expected to be taken to some expensive place or something, whatever rich people do for entertainment. Golf or whatever, who knew. But neither the café or this building seemed to fit into those categories. Maybe he wasn't quite as stuck up as he thought he was.

 

Once inside (and up a flight of stairs), Zhengting discovers that inside is a clean and modernized arcade. There are games of every kind, new and old, fighting to ones with cutesy characters. Zhengting sometimes went to arcades with Hyungseob and Euiwoong, plus Seunghyuk a while back, but he wasn't one to enjoy it much. In fact, they always told him that he was the worst player. They dragged him along nevertheless. 

 

"You like arcade games, Princess?" Xukun almost seemed to be back to his normal manner, but it almost seemed half-hearted and reluctant. 

 

"I used to play at my hometown, and the kids drag me, but they say I'm the worst player." Zhengting smiles a little before realizing, again, who he's talking to. He didn't seem like him like before and it made him keep on forgetting that it was Cai Xukun he was talking to, not one of his group of friends like Xinchun, Zeren or Wenjun, or even some of his other dance team members like Yanchen or Xingjie. No. This was Cai Xukun, the infamously rich boy and he had to take note of it. 

 

"Well I'll go easy on you if you ask nicely," Xukun smirked a little and as much as Zhengting hated being bad at something, he hated pity even more. 

 

"No ing thank you," Zhengting answers. Xukun was indeed a little and earlier at the café was just a fluke. But Zhengting thought maybe, was that a look of hurt? If it was, it was gone in a nanosecond and replaced with a cruel looking grin.

 

"Princess," He growled in a low voice, walking closer to Zhengting. "What did I say about swearing?" He placed his index finger on Zhengting's lips, telling him to be quiet. As much as Zhengting just wanted to punch him, something stopped him. Then it all ended and Zhengting found himself in front a street fighting game, Xukun already shoving coins into the machine.

 

They played the game, which Zhengting lost at. He honestly still wasn't sure which key was for jumping and which were for kicking and which were for punching. Mostly because he just pushed the entire keypad with his palm. Next thing he knew, they were playing a different game, and another.

 

After 13 or so games, they stopped. Since Zhengting was distracted, he did lose all of the games. Not that he hadn't expected to in the first place, but he still hated losing. He was unconsciously pouting again, only realizing when Xukun poked his cheek (which only made him pout more before he figured out he was actually pouting.)

 

Xukun did buy them snacks though, so that made it a whole bunch better. So they sat at a table, eating instant ramen and a whole ton of unhealthy food. He was probably going to get scolded by his professors and teammates, but that was only if they found out. They weren't going to. Plus he could dance fine after eating junk food anyway, he didn't know why it was such a big deal. 

 

"Can you eat this with dance and all?" It was like Xukun has read his mind.

 

"Who," He refrained from adding 'the ' knowing what Xukun was going to do if he did say it. "Cares."

 

"Alright," Xukun looked bemused. Neither really bothered to say any more so they ate in the silence. 

 

After they finished eating they went out of the arcade, Zhengting wondering what had happened that day and if Xukun had anything more in mind or if they were going to go home now so he could work on his assignments. In his thoughts, he forgot about the stairs and his foot slipped, and he fell, hitting his head against the railing.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

You thought it was going to be a cliché moment where Xukun catches Zhengting? Nah.
 
The reason it's short is because I need to change perspective in the next chapter to Xukun because you guys liked that idea! And clearly Zhengting can't quite narrate with this state. A new chapter is coming soon because even I'm sick of this story and its lack of plot.
 
Comments are always open for yelling at me or whatever else you want to do (Also to remind me to update because I'm ty and I forget.