Lavender and Lily of the Vally

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

Zhengting opened his eyes, groaning a little at how bright it was. He blinked trying to take his surroundings in. Everything was white, and Xukun was here? He wracked his brain to remember where he was and how he had gotten there. No luck. The last thing he could remember was going to the café and then they went somewhere else? Where had it been?

 

"Oh, you woke up," Xukun seemed startled to see him up. Had he been knocked out? It certainly didn't feel like he fell asleep. How long had he been out and hwat on earht had happened to him?

 

A nurse walked in, interrupting his thoughts. She started talking to Xukun in a small voice, yet his head still hurt from it. Since there was a nurse here, he must be at a hospital, right? Zhengting let questions fill his head and cloud it over until the nurse had left, leaving him and Xukun alone again. He did not like the looks of this.

 

He sat up. Or at least he tried before a searing pain in the back of his head made him squeal a little and lie back down. Xukun moved towards his bed, reaching towards the remote attached to the side and propping his entire bed up to a sitting position.

 

"Are you alright?" He asked, concern in his eyes, genuine. Genuine? It was the second time the word had popped into Zhengting head, yet it still felt so wrong. Xukun wasn't genuine, he couldn't be genuine. 

 

"Can you sorta," Zhengting started speaking, then lowered his voice to a mutter. Noise . "Tell me what happened? Where I am and why you brought me here?"

 

"Well," Xukun seemed to think for a second. "First, you're at a hospital." Zhengting would have rolled his eyes if he could. "We were at the arcade and when we were leaving you slipped and hit your head," 

 

Arcade? Zhengting thought. So that's where they must've went after the café. Now that Xukun mentioned it, Zhengting had a faint memory of fighting games and instant ramen. 

 

"So I called 911 and you're here now," Xukun added. "There really isn't much to tell."

 

Zhengting nodded slowly, trying not to do anything to his head. He raised his hand to it and found it bandaged. Why was he so clumsy? He was a dancer, he should.... He was a dancer. He was a dancer.

 

The panic must have shown on his face because even Xukun noticed and asked him what was wrong.

 

"I... I," Zhengting stuttered. "I told you I was a dancer right?" Xukun nodded with mild concern as to why Zhengting was freaking out. Midway through nod, his expression changed from mild concern to something like what Zhengting might look like right now.

 

"Oh." Xukun said, getting up and leaving Zhengting's little curtained cubicle. He came back a few seconds later with a doctor, frantically explaining to him as if it was his own career on the line, not Zhengting's. The doctor nodded and explained a couple of things. Xukun sported a slightly grim but not as panicked look on his face as he came back to sit by Zhengting's bed.

 

"Good news," Zhengting's heart leaped. "And bad news." Of course. "So first, we can go home now if you're feeling better. And you can dance." There would be a downside, Zhengting was sure. "Just not for the next month or so." His heart sank. Xukun seemed devastated even just to deliver the news. If he didn't respect Zhengting, at least he appreciated his career.

 

Zhengting hung his head. A month. A month without dancing, how far back would he fall? He knew the answer. Immensely. 

 

"Let's go home," He said, his voice coming out small and a little squeaky. Xukun nodded, helping him up and leading him towards the front desk.

 

"I'm sorry." Zhengting was sure he heard it but Xukun didn't even seem like he had talked. They now had gotten to the front desk and Xukun talked to the nurse there. Zhengting zoned out and soon enough, the older was leading him back towards his car and helping him into the seat.

 

"I'm sorry Zhengting," Xukun said and this time it was definitely real. "I'm sorry for this, and everything else, whatever I did to make you mad." He seemed almost childish when he said this.

 

"You know why I'm mad though," Zhengting snapped. "You know exactly what makes me mad and you still ing did it." He paused. "You ."

 

"I'm sorry," Xukun repeated, much more shy and timid than Zhengting knew him as.

 

"Don't do it ever again," Zhengting responded, tone still laced with anger and Xukun replied by driving back home. 

 

Zhengting again locked himself in his room, lying in bed, hands playing with his phone idly. He was waiting for a text back from his friends but they seemed to be still busy. Probably practicing. He felt a pang in his heart, reminding him that dancing wasn't his schoolwork, it was his passion and his hobby. 

 

What was he going to do for a month? He had already phoned into his coach, explaining the situation and was merely told to rest and get better as soon as he could. 

 

And then there was Xukun, apologizing. He had seemed different today, almost as if they could be friends. What was stopping them from being friends anymore? Zhengting wondered. It was only himself. Xukun has fixed his odd mannerisms. Did Zhengting believe in second chances? He wished he could say yes but he wasn't sure. Maybe he should. The blond had actually seemed sorry when he apologized. 

 

A knock broke his train of thought. He tried to yell out for the guest to come in, his voice only ending up at a speaking level, but the intruder seemed to have understood anyway and the door opened. Xukun was there, along with a ton of chocolate and fruit and candy. 

 

"Hey," He said quietly, perching on the edge of Zhengting's bed as he had earlier in the hospital. "I brought you food." Zhengting laughed a little.

 

"No , Sherlock." He answered. "But thanks. How did you know I liked theses?"

 

"You," Xukun's cheeks flushed into a rosy pink. "Told me, at the arcade. Maybe you don't remember." Zhengting didn't recall that but he nodded anyway. "I got you flowers too," He added, handing Zhengting a bouquet of purple and white flowers that smelled really nice. The purple flowers were, if Zhengting recalled correctly, lavender, but he wasn't sure what the white ones were. They were pretty, however, with several small bell-like flowers on one stem.

 

"Thank you," Zhengting said, also blushing.

 

"I'm really sorry," Xukun added as he headed towards the door. 

 

"I forgive you," Zhengting answered. He wasn't sure why but it felt right. "We can start over. My name's Zhu Zhengting." A smile spread across Xukun's face.

 

"I'm Cai Xukun."

 

------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the late updates guys, school is a . If you were wondering what the white flowers were, they're Lilies of the valley. One of lavender's meanings are healing and lily of the valley means sorry so I used those, also they're really pretty together.