Rue

Stop playing, who gave you the right?

Zhengting woke up with sunlight cascading through his curtains. What time was it? It seemed late, and he knew had to go to school, he had a project due soon. He still wasn't satisfied with the choreography and he knew his professor would point out that goddamn balance again if he didn't practice enough that every move looked the same every time he performed. Plus, Zeren and he were going to help each other out a bit and try to smooth out their different dancing styles to make it different from how they always danced. He still hadn't figured out if he was going to film or perform live, and if he was to film, how. They both had their ups and downs, but Zhengting was thinking about recording it this time, since he normally goes with live performances. Wenjun and Xinchun would probably pester him on all the details about Xukun at dance practice, every time they get a break. And he was to finish early enough to get to Quanzhe and Justin, the most adorable and lovable little devils. He smiled thinking of the two boys. Justin had told him about a boy he had a crush on, and he was absolutely adorable. Anyway, he had to get to school. 

 

No.

 

Not after yesterday, he didn't have to go to school for a month, really.

 

The feeling of freedom was odd. He was free to do whatever he wanted, whatever he wished, go anywhere and do anything. But he wasn't allowed to do the one thing he liked the most. Dance. He could settle for the second best thing. Since last night, anyway.

 

Cai Xukun.

 

It was equally odd not to hate the blond. Zhengting had gotten so used to associating words like boy and to the name that it felt crazy to be friends with the owner of the name. 

 

A soft pleasant scent hit Zhengting's nose. The flowers from last night which were still just sitting on his bedside table, along with all the treats Xukun had brought. He hadn't had a chance to eat those yet, He feel asleep almost immediately after Xukun left. He decides to let the flowers dry.

 

He sets the flowers on his bookcase where the sun will definitely hit it. Turning around, he comes face to face with Xukun and jumps a bit, bumping into the bookcase.

 

"Good morning," Xukun's voice is much more soft and mellow than Zhengting remembers it being. It suits him better than the deeper voice. He still associates deep voices to boys and s.

 

"Hey," Zhengting murmurs quietly. 

 

"Thanks for forgiving me," Xukun said abruptly. Zhengting merely nodded as a response. It was too early for such conversation.

 

"Can we go to the kitchen? I want food." Zhengting changed the topic. He was hungry though.

 

"I got you all this food and you want to go to the kitchen for food?" Xukun gestured madly at the pile of sweets sitting on Zhengting's bedside table.

 

"I hate to agree with my coach," Zhengting mock sighed a deep sigh. "But I need to eat healthy and candy and chocolate didn't count as a healthy breakfast last time I checked."

 

"Have some fun! You're not even going to be dancing for a month anyway, what better things to use your month for?" Xukun grinned, and Zhengting didn't need to be convinced anyway.

 

"Fine." Zhengting pouted. "Get me some ice cream please?" He added momentarily.

 

"Get your own ice cream," Xukun scolded, but he was already walking towards the door. "So I couldn't find an ice cream scoop so we're just going to have to eat this whole thing, how does that sound?" He held up a tub of ice cream and two spoons. 

 

"Great." Zhengting grinned widely. 

 

They both had a feast of sugar that morning, and while it wasn't the healthiest thing, there is no better way to strengthen a friendship that going sugar high together and eating candy and cookies and ice cream. 

 

"Ick, why did you get me chocolate?" Zhengting asked, picking out all the chocolates from the big pile, a disgusted look on his face.

 

"Chocolate is the best thing ever," Xukun looked offended. "Do you actually not like it? You spawn of the devil."

 

"I don't see the appeal in chocolate." He held up a bag of gummy candies. "These though, I see all the appeal in these." He ripped the bag open and grabbed a couple, giving some to Xukun and shoving one in his mouth.

 

10 minutes later, they had empty candy wrappers and a carton of ice cream, still at least half of the treats that Xukun had first got Zhengting and two very sugar high boys.

 

 "Maybe your coach was right," Xukun laughed. Zhengting laughed with him.

 

"I'm bored." Zhengting stated after a couple of minutes of sitting there doing nothing. "Talk to me," Zhengting grabbed Xukun's shoulders and shook him front and back gently, Xukun letting his head loll around. 

 

"Hi," Xukun sat upright, seeming to come to his senses, snapping out of his tired trance. "What do you want me to say?"

 

"Anything." Zhengting replied. "I know next to nothing about you, Xukun. Who are you?"

 

"Well." Xukun paused. "I'm 21 and in my third year of business school. I rap in my spare time but I dance too. I have a team actually. I.." He trailed off, unsure of what else to say. "What about you?"

 

"Hmm," Zhengting now knew why Xukun hesitated so much. "I'm 20, I'll be 21 in a bit though. I take dance and it's my second year." Xukun nodded. "My friends are Bi Wenjun, Huang Xinchun and Ding Zeren, maybe you'll meet them when they come around. They're on my dance team too. Oh, my dance team! There's more guys of course, Zhu XIngjie, Zhou Yanchen,"

 

Zhengting continued about his dance team, Xukun merely choosing to listen and follow along. He could tell that the younger clearly was passionate about it.

 

Zhengting glanced at the clock. 

 

"Hey, Xukun," Zhengting said abruptly, in the middle of a story involving a cartoon character and Xingjie and a little kid.

 

"Yeah?" Xukun looked up. "By the way, now that we're friends, you can call me Kun. Or Kunkun if you'd like too."

 

"Okay, Kunkun," Zhengting grinned widely. "Anyway, I need to get going. I babysit these two kids down the street and it's about time they come home from school."

 

"Sound nice when you say it." Xukun said nodding. "Have fun babysitting!"

 

Zhengting gathered some random things and headed over to Justin's house, by the time he got there the kids' bus had dropped them off. To his surprise however, instead of two angel-devil creatures, there were 4 angel-devil creatures. 

 

"Hey Zheng ge!" Justin cried out in his usual loud voice. 

 

"Hi Justin, Quanzhe, who are these other two?" Zhengting asked, trying to sound alive for at least 10 minutes before he melted into a pile of goo without brains.

 

"This is Linong but call him Nongnong, he's one of my friends in my class!" Quanzhe introduced enthusiastically. Nongnong seems to be just at cute and cuddly looking ad Quanzhe. Zhengting didn't trust him though, Quanzhe could still be evil, little hamster cheeks and all. The newly introduced boy was wearing a pink shirt and smiled happily, waving at Zhengting. Maybe he would trust this kid after all. 

 

"Chengcheng," Justin pointed at the boy beside him, his cheeks flushed the lightest pink. "He's in my class." Chengcheng nods. Chengcheng is somehow decent looking, even in his awkward teenage years. He seems like the type of person to get along well with Justin. From the lightest blush of Justin's cheeks, Zhengting was sure this was Justin's little crush. Justin didn't have bad taste. 

 

"Nongnong, Chengcheng, this is Zhengting ge. He's supposed to babysit us but he just hangs out with us and stops Justin from accidentally breaking the window and falling through with all the broken glass." Quanzhe explains. Nongnong has the cutest look of confusion. Zhengting didn't want to think about the time Justin almost broke a window. If he was lucky, he also might have fell through the open window. "What? It happened," Quanzhe says.

 

"Hi Chengcheng, Nongnong. Justin, did you ask your parents if you can bring friends?" Zhengting asks the youngest boy

 

"Why is it always me getting into trouble, ge? But I told them, I promise." Justin said confidently.

 

Almost as soon as Justin answered his question, Chengcheng showed the younger something that seemed to be hilarious enough to laugh overexaggeratedly and roll off the couch, Quanzhe and Nongnong giggling at Justin and Chengcheng just laughing his head off. Loudly too. Zhengting sighed. This was going to be a long day.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so for once this chapter is a decent length but now the problem is I'm missing plot. This is just gonna be cute random fluffs (tbh they might not even be Zhengkun, I want to add Chengstin a little) for a while so yeah sorry if you wat plot just let me know when you're so done with fluff it makes your eye bleed. My Tumblr is @multifangirl-char if you want to come talk to me, scream at me, fangirl/fanboy/fan any other gender with me, or anything else, everyone is welcome!!