Hyung and his Lover

Thank You For Being Born

So finally all of the furniture are bought.

Hongbin went with one of their manager and another staff form Jellyfish, she is also expecting her first child. So she tag along to see all of the available options in the store. And yep, she made the right choice to come and do her research there are many to choose from, for the first hour Hongbin can’t tell the difference between the SNIGLAR model and the GULLIVER model. He ended up getting the STUVA.

The furniture came in pieces and planks of compressed wood, so Hongbin had the task of assembling it. And since Hakyeon already missed on the shopping he insisted for Hongbin to wait with the building until he is also at home so that he can indulge in another one of his domestic hobby of furniture building.

The crib he had picked up are one of those convertible ones that have a few adjustable notches to put the mattress at different height and removable front panel. So that the crib can be used for a few years, the older and bigger Red Bean grow the lower the mattress will be set. And when Red Bean is a toddler, the front panel can be removed to make it a real mini bed. He had a few models to choose from but his manager hyung recommended him getting the more expensive one, with more solid wood panels and drawers at the bottom of the bed. So he got it in a light wood shade to match the other furniture already in his room.

With the changing table he picked the ones with the most storage space and a slot big enough to fit his mini fridge. He planned to be able to keep some milk in there for the first few months Eunjung is willing to pump her .

So finally they get on the task of building the furniture. But of course once again they forgot to get power tool, so they were left with the task to screwing each and every bolt manually. For that Hakyeon had called up help. He invited one of his closest friend over, Lee Wongeun. A cast mate from years ago, that he just had to interview just a few days earlier. Actually, Hakyeon did not have to do the interview, but it’s just a reason to have fun on the job. Wongeun has been Hakyeon’s close friend for a long time, but he hasn’t been that close to everyone else in VIXX, but they see him around and heard stories about him from Hakyeon. Especially after their holiday to Japan together.

So the first task of the day was to move the gaming station out of Hongbin’s room. He had tried to reason that they can just assemble the furniture, put it outside first then make the swap when the baby was actually born so that he can keep his computer in his room for a couple more month. But he has lost the argument against Hakyeon. So in a sad midday for Lee Hongbin early March, he disassembled his double screen PC.

After all of the electronics had been detangles they have to move the actual table. Hongbin and Wongeun had been the physical labor lifting the actual table while Hakyeon direct where they need to go. “We have a problem. So the table is too wide to pit through the door. So we have to twist it to make it through.”

They set into maneuvering the table out of the door. Tilting it on its side, getting the foot of the table out of the door first while holding it adjacent to the door before changing the direction in which they came from pretty much making a hook around the door. During the process there were a lot of yelling trying to coordinate where to move. It was quite hard because Hongbin and Wongeun are on opposite side of the table thru opposite side of the wall, they cannot see each other. The straw were when Hongbin who was holding the end of the table inside the bedroom push a little earlier than Hakyeon’s sign and pushing the other of that table to hit Wonguen on the hip.

“Yah! Hongbin –ah, wait wait. You just dented my hip bones! How did you get this table into the room anyway?! Put it down on the floor. My arms are about to fall off.” Wongeun said.

“Sorry, hyung. I didn’t know you haven’t moved back. I swear it was not this hard to get the table in the room. It came in pieces so I assemble it in the room. But now we can’t take it apart because the bolts were glued in after being twisted in.” When Wongeun came into view, Hakyeon was by his side, rubbing circles where Hongbin assumed the table knocked into his hip bone.

“Ah, okay I understand. Alright then come on, let’s get this out. We still have two pieces of furniture to assemble.” Eyeing the wooden components still packed in a box. “This time let’s not try to think with our own head, listen to Hakyeon hyung’s direction.”

“Hyung-ah, make sure you give accurate direction okay. If not more body parts are going to turn blue.”

“Ye, ye. It was not my fault anyway, you moved before I told you to.”

After that accident the process of moving furniture out went a little smoother and soon they were assembling baby crib. Wongeun is the type of person that wanted to jump straight into trying to build, but thank fully Hakyeon stopped him and read the manual first. He neatly lay out the components and read the labels on them, including all of the bolts and nuts. Thank God he had, because if not all three of them would be chasing around tiny bolts all night long.

They were putting up the front gate of the crib when the next accident happened. Hongbin was in charge of holding the side panel, Wongeun the front panel and Hakyeon and his capable nimble fingers are in charge of screwing the bolt while seated on the floor. This time it was Wongeun that causes the damage, his hand had slipped before all of the bolts were tightened and the front panel fell forward, straight to Hakyeon’s wide forehead.

“Yah!! Geunnia-ah!!”

Wonguen looked panicked and pushed the front gate panel away from Hakyeon so that it tumbled to the other side. The rushed to crouch next to Hakyeon and started rubbing his head. Hakyeon had faked pouted as he looked up at Wongeun, but he let Wongeun turn his face anyway. Before he started giggling and fell to the floor, screw driver abandoned on the floor next to him. His giggle seems to be contagious to Wongeun, realizing that the gate particle were really light and it barely hurt Hakyeon. They both ended up giggling on the floor.

While Hongbin just stood there.

Holding the side panel of the crib and the front gate part that Wongeun had pushed off in his hassle to ‘rescue’ Hakyeon. Hongbin felt as if he was invading on a moment between the two.

So he lean the panels to the wall and walk out of the room, calling out that he will get them all cool drinks from the fridge. The pair was still giggling on the floor.

When Hongbin got back in the room, the sight he found was a little….. Compromising. They were still on the floor, but they are no longer giggling. It was obvious why, since both of their lips were plastered to one another. Hakyeon was laid on his back and Wonguen hovered over him, his hand on Hakyeon’s waist –thankfully for Hongbimn- over the soft pink t-shirt Hakyeon was wearing-. While Hakyeon’s arm were wrapped around Wongeun’s shoulder, hand cradling his head.

“Eherm…..” Hongbin cleared his throat from the doorway. The kissing couple jumped apart. Hakyeon quickly get off his back and looked around, eyes wide in panic as if just realizing that he was still inside Hongbin’s room. “Hyung, I was only out of the room for less than 3 minutes.”

“Uh…. I can explain….” Hakyeon stuttered. He looked over at Wongeun who is blushing high on his cheeks. “Umm…… I was…. We were….“ Hakyeon made a sorry attempt to twist the scenario.

“Were you not kissing on the floor of my bed room? In front of a half built furniture where my child will be sleeping in for the next 4 years. Were you asking Wongeun-hyung to heal your forehead? Or did Wongeun hyung slipped and landed on your lips? Or was I just imaging the bodies on my floor not 30 seconds ago?”

Wongeun laugh from behind Hakyeon. Hakyeon just looked at him like he was crazy, all he did was shrug. “I mean slipping and landing on top of the heroine is classic in all drama, we both had done it before.” With a sigh Wongeun got up and take hold of Hakeyeon’s wrist, pulling him up to his feet. After Hakyeon got up het tugged him along out of Hongbin’s room and into their living room. “Everyone come out of your rooms for a little bit please. I have something to say.” Hakyeon followed behind him looking lost at the loud announcement Wongeun made to the rest of the apartment.

Wongeun turned around and looked at Hakyeon, and spoke softly. Hongbin was close enough to hear it. “We can do this. Have more faith in your kids Yeon, they love you. We talked about this remember. It doesn’t make sense to try to hide it from them.”

The members poked their heads out of their bedroom, Wonshik and Eungdongie looked at Wongeun from their position on the couch. “Come, come closer. It’s quite an important announcement.” And the member did, gathering in the living room. Wongeun cleared his throat.

“So you all know me right, Lee Wongeun, long time close friend of Cha Hakyeon. You know that Hakyeon and I have been very close for the last couple of years, we went on a trip together and we go out a lot. So a few weeks ago, I asked him to go out with me, like really go out with me. And Hakyeon said yes. So we are now officially dating.” He ended his short speech with a look at Hakyeon’s direction. Removed his hand from around the tanned wrist to move around Hakyeon’s waist to draw him closer.

“So, yeah. Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Lee Wongeun.” Hakyeon followed up shyly.

For a good minute no one said a thing. All 5 members and 1 puppy just looked at the couple. Blinking.

“YAH!! SAY SOMETHING!!” Hakyeon looked around started to get panicked, his face searching from members to members. “C’mon, anything, comment, questions? ANYTHING!! Please throw me a bone here. Don’t just stand there and stare. For the first time in the 8 years we’ve know each other this is the first time I introduce you guys to anyone I’m dating.” Hakyeon’s voice had risen up, eyes frantic. Still nobody said a thing. “Excuse me, I just come out to you. After 7 years! This is a big deal for me. Please guys, say something.” His voice begun to shake. Hongbin can see the hold Wongeun have around him tightened a little, drawing him even closer. Ready to protect him.

Hongbin looked around the room. Everyone was still staring blankly.

“Anyone surprised by this news?” 5 head shook left to right.

 “Anyone see this coming?” 5 hands were raised.

“Anyone have been waiting for this announcement for the last year?” 5 hands remained in the air.

So Hongbin also put up his hand just for the fun of it. “The only comment I have is; ing Finally Hyung!”

The couple audibly release a deep breath they have been holding. “YOU ARE SO MEAN!! I though you will react badly for me coming out. Don’t do this to my old heart again!” Hakyeon whined loudly.

The rest of the group laugh at them for thinking that there were any other possible scenario than to be accepted whole heartedly. Hakyeon turned around to bury his head on the crook of his now boyfriend’s neck, sighing in relief. Wonguen wraped both of his arms around Hakyeon and squeezed.

Hongbin approached the two to pat Wongeun on the back. “Welcome to the family hyung. Please take care of our leader. If you ever hurt him, don’t wish you ever see another sunrise.” Hongbin smiled at them and the way they were comfortable in each other’s arm. “But I would appreciate it if you guys don’t make out in my bedroom floor though.”

“What?! They did?” Jaehwan’s eyes widen.

“Yeah, I went to the kitchen to get drinks for like 3 minutes. And when I got back they were rolling merrily on the floor. Eating each other’s face! I don’t want to imagine what would have happened if I didn’t caught them when I did.”

“Ew, Eommaa!!” Jeahwan whined.

“Eish, Kong-ah, we are not some teenagers!”

After every one had given their well wishes for the couple. The two disappeared behind Hakyeon’s bedroom door. And people starting spilling away from the living room and back into their own bedroom.

“Hyung, don’t go! The furniture are not done! My room is a mess!! N-Hyung! You said you are not some teenagers. HAKYEON HYUNG! YOU DID NOT EVEN FINISH ONE THING AND YOU LEAVE ME NOW?!” he got no response. “Anyone want to help me? Please? Jaehwan ah! Daegunie hyung! Shikkie?!”

“No Thank you!!” Jaehwan shouted from his room.

“Gotto head to the theater Bin, sorry ah. I will do a lot of the loving for when Red Bean get here I swear!” Taekwoon replied.

“Shik, please?! Don’t you dare turn me down! You’re only watching TV!”

“Alright, alright.” Wonshik got up from the couch, his puppy following him.

As the settled in the room, screw driver at hand, numbers of screws closely monitored. The 93 liners settled into an easy conversation about work, a few arrangements and productions of their songs that still does not feel right and a few notes that came from their CEO the day before. They finished building the crib along with the changing station in the early evenings. As it turns out assembling furniture does not take so long if you are actually focusing on the job instead of flirting with your new boyfriend.

Hongbin decided to bring up the topic of Wonshik’s love life as they were installing the mini fridge into one of the shelf in the changing station. “So, N-hyung put a hold on his man. When will you?”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Wonshik answered a little too quickly.

“Shik, neither of us are THAT stupid nor that blind. We know that you have had the oggly eyes for Jaehwan for the longest time.”

“No!”

Hongbin gave Wonshik one of those looks. “Now you are just insulting me.”

“Alright yes, I like him, I found him adorable, I like his touches it’s comforting, and I like touching him and teasing him, I like the way he reacted to me. But I don’t know about wanting to be with him. Don’t even know if he swerve that way.”

“Have you asked him?”

“What do I do? Hey Jaehwan, do you think you will want to go between the sheets with me? For all the time we know him, he had never dated anything but a possessing human. I mean what if it turns out he’s not at all attracted to men? What if he is attracted to men but not to me?! It would be awkward.”

“But you have to admit this thing with Jaehwan is getting in the way of you being with anyone else properly, right? The reason why you and Bazka split up last year is because you spend too much with him instead of with her.”

“That’s not why, and you know it. It’s normal that I spend a lot of time with him anyway. We work together and all.”

“Don’t try to fool me dude, your ex-girlfriends talk to me when they can’t get a hold of you.”

“I mean she is also busy with running dance classes and being in the studio and all.”

“Doesn’t mean you can’t make time for each other.”

“Why are we digging to my ex?! How about you? What happened to your own girlfriend? I thought you were with that lighting tech girl?”

“Well we burn it out, we work together in a drama. We get to talk, we go out for a little bit and we lost the sparks, you know. No biggie.”

“Ya! Kong-ah, you don’t get to use the ‘no biggie’ on the nice girl you date and then grill me on my ex.”

“I wasn’t grilling you on your ex, was grilling you about Jaehwan.”

“There’s nothing about Jaehwan.” Wonshik’s face frowned. “I just found him cute sometimes. Just like you find Eunjung cute. I don’t see you rushing off to start dating her!”

Hongbin was about to come up with a snarky remark but shut up. Wonshik was right this time around.