Two halves met

Thank You For Being Born

After Hongbin had been allowed back in the room, the situation was much different from when he left. He came back in the room to a wet eyed Eunjung, but much calmer than when they were initially told of the situation by Dr. Min. He guessed Eunjung had a small talk with their doctor, they did take quite a while. He had the chance to text Gongchan and update him on the situation, canceling their Overwatch date.

There are only a handful of people that knows of the current situation, because obviously he needs to keep the news under tight wrap because this is a controversy for anyone to keep an accident baby, let alone an idol. Obviously the ones that knew were VIXX members and the entirety of Jellyfish Ent. Company, his family, her family and a few of his friends; Gongchan being the very first one to know. He had broken the news in the middle of an Overwatch game, over Discord.

 “Hongbin-ah.” Eunjung called him, breaking his silence. “I will need a few things while I’m here. I think I’m going to ask Nayeong to go to my apartment and pack a few things. Do you need anything?” she motioned for her bag that was on the couch near the window. He brought it over to her, so that she can find her phone and text her friend.

“No, I’m good. I actually already asked Taekwoon-hyung to pack a few things for me too. In case I need to stay over here with you or in the apartment, you know. In case you need any help.”

“Wait, you are staying the night?”

“Do not want me to? I mean I thought I will stay with you at least until tomorrow and until you can settle back at home. But if you’d rather be alone I can always leave.”

“No…. no, it would be great for you to stay. I appreciate that. It’s just if you are busy you don’t have to worry about me.”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll stay. But speaking of which, both Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung is already on the way here. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. They wanted to visit when I said you were here. Is that okay?”

“Oh….. um…. I guess.” She looked up from her phone. She had been texting her friend with the list she needed from her own apartment. “I guess this would be a weird place to meet them for the first time, but sure. I mean I’ve only heard of them and if they are going to live with my child I might as well know them right?”

“Yeah, I’m so sorry I haven’t introduced them to you yet.”

“It’s fine. Later tonight you will get to meet Nayeon as well.”

“That’s good. We’re getting to know people in each other’s lives.”

“Yep…..” Silence follows.

“Eunjung-ah, Dr. Min said that it’s better for you to have someone live with you for the time being right? At least until the placenta thing resolve. So what are you going to do about that? Do you have anyone that can stay with you for a while?”

“My first guess would be my mother. She lived just outside of Seoul, I don’t think she would mind staying with me for a little bit. My brother actually lives in the city, but if he stay with me I’d do most of the work anyway. But if my mother can’t, then maybe Nayeon.”

“Oh that’s good. If you need me around, just call me okay? I don’t mind doing a load or two of laundry after recording.”

“Yeah, I know. But seriously Binn-ah don’t worry too much about me. I know you are very busy right now. Just do your thing. You know before Red Bean got here and you have your hands full.”

“Yeah…”

They stay talking for a little while, about her research what she will need to do if she have to step off the lab, him updating on the bedroom situation (the literal arrangement of furnitures in his bedroom, not…. You know) and the things he bought for the baby, she telling him that a few of her friends had started to buy baby gifts too so he have to come pick it up from her apartment. Then it was also his turn to tell her about his schedules for the next few weeks with recording the new album.

Soon there was a knock on the door, Hongbin got up to see who it was. Seeing it was Hakyeon and Yongjae he smiled and greeted them closing the room behind him “Ah hyung, you made it! Did you come through the staff entry? It’s not too confusing right?”

“No, no, it’s fine. Yongyongie hyung is good at navigating places like these. Here I brought you some food.”

“Thank you hyung, you really don’t have to. They gave us food here.”

“Aish, hospital food taste gross.” Then Hakyeon looked around. “So, how is it? How are you? Is everything alright?” his face full of concern.

“I’m doing okay, the doctor told us it’s not a threatening thing and it will get better as the pregnancy grew. The worst part was the waiting while we don’t know anything. But I think Eunjung was pretty shaken when she was told that if the issue does not resolve naturally she will have to go through a c-section.”

Hakyeon reached out and squeezed his arms, offering comfort. “When are you going to let me in and meet her? Seriously Lee Hongbin the girl is 6 months pregnant with your baby and I have yet to meet her?!” and he barged into the room, announcing his presence.

So Hongbin trailed behind him, reentering the room with Yongjae. His manager also gave him a pat on the back when he entered the hospital room. True to himself when Hongbin got in the room and set down the food on a table Hakyeon was already wrapping Eunjung in a friendly embrace. Eunjung looked a little taken aback not expecting the level of friendliness, she was looking around for Hongbin. He just mouthed to her ‘it’s okay’ and that just how Hakyeon is.

“So Eunjung how are you doing? Are you feeling good? Is Hongbin taking good care of you? I swear if he’s not you can just hit him with a chair.” Hakyeon naturally laugh as he sat himself on the chair Hongbin had just sat in. Hakyeon jumpt started the conversation obviously digging for information about her, what she is doing, is she working, where does she live, does she lived with her parents, does she have any siblings, what was Hongbin like in high school, what is Hongbin like now and the like.

Hongbin decided to rescue Eunjung from the interrogation. “Hyung-ah, what are you up to after this?”

“Hm? I don’t have anything else today. Do I hyung?” Hakyeon looked over to Yongjae.

“No, you’re good for the day. You can go home now.”

“Yeah, I’m going to go home, take a nap before the dinner. Oh wait I have to wrap Shikkie’s birthday gift. I’ve had if for a while but I haven’t gotten around to wrap it.”

“You still bother wrapping his birthday gift? He will just tear through them anyway.”

“That’s the fun of it you know. I always love seeing him when he is unwrapping it. He is so excited, like a little child. Even if he can always buy it for himself.”

“What did you get him?”

“A dog clothes, it had Totoro print on it. I saw it when I was in Japan, was too cute not to buy. Technically it’s not for him. But I’m sure he will love it. Oh and just to make it even, I bought him an identical T-shirt.”

“Oh, that’s cute. That idiot will love it too much. Ah yeah hyung. Take my gift to him too. I put in my room. On my shelf, above my computer.”

“Wait, the group are celebrating a birthday tonight?” Eunjung asked.

“Yeah, Wonshik’s birthday is tomorrow. But he is spending it at home with his family, so we are having dinner tonight.”

“Why don’t you give the gift yourself Bin-ah?”

“Well, I’m not going to the dinner. I’m here with you.”

“You don’t have to stay all the time, its fine. I’m going to be fine here.”

“No, I will stay here with you.” Then she shot Hongbin a look. “Seriously, I will stay here with you. I already told Shikkie, he is cool with it.” Hongbin returned Eunjung’s pointed look, telling her that his mind was made, and he is staying with her for the night.

A knock on the door was heard. Hongbin moved to open the door. It was Taekwoon and their other younger more handsome manager, Raon. “Finally! You don’t know how long we went round and around trying to look for this place.”

Hongbin moved out of the way to let the two men in the room. Raon handed Hongbin his bag. “Your closet is really neat, I swear I would rather pack you 10 bags than having to go through Wonshik’s closet. It’s a mess of colors and literal mess.”

“Ah, thank you Hyung.”

The two new comer went in the room and bowed in greeting. Hakyeon had gotten up and walked to give Taekwoon a hug. Hongbin swore the two just talked for hours last night. With 5 full grown large man in the room, the spacious room started to feel stuffy and Eunjung looked impossibly small even with her belly.

“Hello, I’m Jung Taekwoon. Nice to finally meet you.” Taekwoon smiled shyly.

“Hello, I’m Choi Eunjung. Nice to meet you too.”

Taekwoon stood there, all langky and awkward, Hongbin noticed that Taekwoon’s eyes have not lifted from Eunjung’s belly. He even more awkwardly moved closer to the bed, standing next to the chair that Hongbin was in just before any of them arrived.

“Uhhmm…” Taekwoon fidget. “May I get to know Red Bean too?” The tall man’s awkwardness is still seeping out of his pores.

“Oh, sure sure. Sit down oppa.” Eunjung tried to scoot closer to the bed edge that was closer to Taekwoon, but she found it difficult to do without straining herself. Hongbin moved around to help her. He had silently thanked his personal trainer that had increased the weight he was lifting.

Hongbin pushed on Taekwoon’s shoulder to make him sit down. After he was seated, Eunjung extend her hand, palm up. Taekwoon hesitantly put his hand on hers. Then she moved it closer to her and placed it on the side of her belly. “Wait for it, she is awake, she was moving around a little while ago.”

Taekwoon waited in silence, he didn’t move his palm from where Eunjung put them. And then he gasp. His eyes light up, and he looked up to Eunjung, his small eyes were wide. She smiled at him encouragingly. He moved closer, when Eunjung let go on his hand, the hand moved across the stretch of blue hospital gown.

“Hey Red Bean, this is your uncle Daegunie. How are you in there? I can’t wait to meet you. Oh, the baby moved.” Taekwoon’s smile blooms. The small slit of his eyes got drowned, pushed up by his cheeks. He has both hands on her belly now, caressing just like he had been not too long ago. Taekwoon was whispering sweet nothingness to Hongbin’s unborn child.

During this interaction filled with overwhelming adoration, Eunjung looked up to Hongbin. He had been watching his brother who was completely taken by the bump. Sensing eyes on him he looked up. Eunjung mouthed to him that Taekwoon is in love too, and she smiled. Her smile looked as if she is at peace. Knowing that when her child is born, they will never be in any way short on love and affection, even if it does not come from her primarily.

Eunjung had some time to think, since she found out that she is pregnant and then decided to keep the baby. How absurd the whole arrangement is, that she is pretty much only a carrier of the baby, and after that the baby will be ripped out of her and off to live with Hongbin. But at the same time, she feels like she does not have any right to feel sad about it, and to victimize herself as the woman that had her baby ripped out of her since she is the one that admitted from the very start that she cannot raise a baby right now. The fact have not changed.

But she had some time to think. The thought of having to watch her own child grew up without her presence, would Red Bean even know her? Would she even be a part of Red Bean’s life like any mother should have? Will she ever had the chance to celebrate Chulseok with Red Bean? Red Bean’s first word? First steps? First new year? First plane ride? First tooth? First tooth that fell out? First day of school? Will that affect how her child will grow up? What is Red Bean will be bullied in school because she doesn’t have a mother? At this  point she knows Hongbin enough to be able to trust that he cared about her at the very least, and he won’t just left her in the dirt. But she had her doubt how the situation will turn out the moment the news of Red Bean are released. Where that places her in the picture, how she would fit in their child’s life.

Meeting the older members of VIXX had both sooth her mind and agitated it further. On one hand she knows that Red Bean will be showered with love and affection, her child will never be neglected if the way that the members had adored the unborn child is any sign of it. But at the same time that level of affection made her feel insecure, because it means that her child will have further need of her. She feels like she will be pushed out of the picture entirely.

Sure, at the beginning she was with if she were to be limited from meeting Red Bean, she have a life to build for herself. But the time she got to spend with Red Bean the natural affection that formed had grew her unreasonable needs to play a part of Red Bean’s life beyond just the vessel in which the child come to be.

These feeling put a tight restrain on her chest. 

All too soon, Raon cleared his throat, it broke the serene silence in the room as they watch Taekwoon pour his b affection to the unborn child. “Taekwoon-ah, we have to go to the theater. You still need to get your hair and make-up done.”

“Ah right, I have a job.” He pulled away from the belly, very reluctantly. When he got up from the chair after thanking Eunjung and giving her a quick hug, his eyes were a little glassy.

“I guess we better get going too, so you can rest Eunjung.” Said Yongjae. Taking hold of Hakyeon’s elbow, pulling him off the couch.

“Right, we have been here long enough.” Hakyeon too moved towards the bed and squeeze Eunjung into another hug. Bidding her a speedy recovery and making her promise to go out with him sometimes soon.

As the group moved to exit the room, Hongbin was with them. Just before they were about to exit the door, already out of Eunjung’s sight, Taekwoon turned around and enveloped Hongbin in a big bear hug. Gripping his shoulders. “Take care of her and the baby okay.”  They stayed for a moment longer before Taekwoon let go, wiping the edge of his eyes.

 

Eunjung is discharged the next day, but was ordered to stay at home for the next couple of days before going back to her classes. True to his words Hongbin had stayed over in the hospital, a lumpy fold out bed had been wheeled in the room for him to play his psp games until 3 am before finally sleeping.

Dr. Min had told Eunjung that the bleeding might continue for as long as the placenta previa is not yet resolved, and is told to record the volume in which she bled. Once again warning them this time around that penetrative is strictly forbidden, but there are other methods to seek pleasure. Her hinting are getting to a brand new level. Complete with THE Dr. Min wink.

When they got to Eunjung’s apartment, Hongbin had forbid her from getting off the sofa. He started going around and does her cleaning, fetching her books and heating up meals for her. Since Eunjung’s mother had not been able to make it that day and will be arriving the day after, Hongbin had insisted of staying another day with Eunjung not wanting to leave her alone. His defense this time was if he leave her alone she will just tire herself out with doing chores and her thesis.

So that night they fell asleep on her large bed with him curled around her belly. He had been talking to Red Bean, sprinkling kisses on the belly even one in a while. As he got sleepier, his mouth had ran ahead of his brain, he was rambling about going on holidays to a theme park and asking Taekwoon-samchon to teach both of them how to swim. Eunjung’s fingers had found its way to his hair and sooth him to sleep, praying to any Gods that would listen, Hongbin would be able to shield their child from the world.