Canceled dinner plan and being in love

Thank You For Being Born

When he pulled his phone out of his coat pocket, he had at least 30 messages from the older members, all wishing Eunjung and Red Bean is alright, and to keep them updated.

 

Got some preliminary test done, we are still waiting for result.

I swear to god my heart was about to fell out of my chest

I was so scared

I thought I was going to lose Red Bean

I even yelled at the driver ahjusshi

Daeguni-Hyung : How is it?

Daeguni-Hyung : What happened?

Daeguni-Hyung : you’re not losing the baby right?

Eunjung is asleep right now

The doc wants to keep her here for at least a couple of days.

I don’t know much more, the doc only did the exam

Then said she will talk to us later.

I’m nervous now, our doc is usually very chatty.

N-Hyung : Maybe she just doesn’t want to make you guys more worried.

N-Hyung : as long as everything is alright.

N-Hyung : so do you need anything bin-ah? I can drop by the hospital after the shooting

PaboShik : So what time are you coming?

Sorry, Shikki-ah,

I don’t think I can make it today.

I will do a double take tomorrow.

I think I am staying with Eunjung today.

I think she needs me when the doctor explain the situation to us.

Doesn’t want to leave her alone.

She looks so stressed my god, I’m scared.

Jaehwan : Does that mean you will not make it Shikkie’s birthday??

Jaehwan : I think Shikkie was not asking about the recording. He’s on a working ban remember?

Jaehwan : Shikkie was asking about the birthday dinner little dumdum.

Oh my Lord Hanzo.

I completely forgot.

We were supposed to have dinner tonight right?

I’m so sorry.

I don’t think I can make it though,

PaboShik : It’s okay Bin-ah.

PaboShik : you have your priorities. Take care of her first.

PaboShik : I will have another birthday next year anyway.

Sorry ah, bro.

I know that you will still love me anyway,

PaboShik : Eish, you little .

PaboShik : ye ye, love you too.

Daeguni-Hyung : Binn-ah, if you need anything tell me now.

Daeguni-Hyung : I can pack your clothes and drop it to the hospital before I go to the theater.

Daeguni-Hyung : I plan to shower at home first.

Daeguni-Hyung : But tell me now!!

Daeguni-Hyung : Well Raon Hyung will pack, I will shower and take a nap.

Oh yeah, get me something to change into please

1 set for tomorrow one set for tonight.

 

And along with the things he needed from the bathroom and his electronics, he send the location to the hospital and the room they were staying in. And at the very end of the chat, he saw that it was read by 5 other people. But only 4 other replied.

He knows that he will have to talk to Hyuk soon, if he can find the kid. He just disappeared most of the time. He feels that this rift between them is not going to end well. Knowing how stubborn both of them are. But for now he put that thought aside, not wanting to add up to more stress of the situation.

Hongbin cannot deny that he is a little disheartened by how Sanghyuk is handling the situation, but at the same time he can never blame the younger man. He knows full well that all the faults are his completely. That it was his action that have dragged VIXX into this situation. Because when the news of Red Bean is released and it overshadowed everything, the public may thing that they are bad examples and their careers might be done for.

For Sanghyuk that have poured everything that he got, having to move away from home at such a young age, a downfall this early in his career is a scary prospect. Hongbin understood. But that does not mean he was any less entitled to the hurt he felt, the boy can at least try to act civilized.

There was a ping of message notification on his phone.

N-Hyung : I just wrapped up the shoot. I will head to the hospital.

N-Hyung : What’s the room number?

N-Hyung : Do you know if you have press or fans on you?

We are in the maternity ward,

Room 825

Hyung, enter through the back

The staff entry, I will talk to the hospital to let you use that entrance

I usually come from there for checkups.

But today I was in a rush, did not think of it.

Didn’t have time to check on press or fans either.

Sorry hyung.

N-Hyung : It’s okay Bin-ah.

N-Hyung : Make sure I can use the staff entry okay.

N-Hyung : I’ll see you there.

Then to make things easier for all of them, he announced the same thing to the group chat. Warn anyone that is coming to the hospital to be careful not to be seen. Taekwoon replied that he just got home from the gym and will be in the hospital in about 2 hours.

So, Hongbin went out of the room after he made sure that Eunjung is asleep. He went to the administration office of that floor and explain his situation. Asking access of the staff entry, leaving in the company vans that the members usually uses. It was quite an easy process, since he had records of doing a similar thing for every visit.

When he returned to the room, Eunjung was still sleeping. She looked tired. But the one that broke Hongbin was the position she settled into. She was now laid on her side, and both of her arms are around her belly, hugging it, surrounding it with her body making her look smaller curled up like that. Hongbin felt like it was her trying to hold on to Red Bean because of what they just went through, her telling him that for a while she didn’t feel like she was pregnant anymore. Hongbin cannot begun to imagine how that must have felt, being in that ER pretty much alone.

Hongbin didn’t know what to do while he waited for Dr. Min or his hyungs. In the rush to get here he did not think to bring any of his gaming console nor a book. And going downstairs to the hospital shop is too risky, he doesn’t know who might take a photograph of him and started rumors of why he was there.

So he pulled up a chair and sit in next to Eunjung’s bed, to the side that she was facing, so that he can reach out and caress her belly. He leaned forward and rested his head on the edge of the mattress. He gently began to run his thumb back and forth on the bump. In his silly mind, he was trying to show Red Bean that he is there. Trying to communicate to his child and convince him/her that he, their father is here. Trying to tell them to not be afraid, even though in reality it was him that is scared.

As if the baby can understand him, it moved. The baby shifted inside of Eunjung’s womb, under his palm. As if the baby was trying to show him that they are still there. Trying to tell their father that in 15 weeks they are going to be able to meet each other.

It hits Hongbin. What Yongjae-hyung said when they were in Singapore, the feeling that he got when he felt the baby moved under his hand while the mother is asleep. He feels like this is a private conversation between him and his baby, as silly as it sounds even inside his own head. This connection he never thought he could ever feel with another human being, let alone an unborn one. For Hongbin who has hardly ever been involved in a steady relationship that can last for over 3 months, this kind of feeling is foreign to him. This very intense feelings of love and adoration.

So Hongbin leaned in closer to the bump, and done what he never did before. He planted a small kiss on the stretched skin covered in blue hospital gown. Right were Red Bean had moved under his hand. All the while his hand had never left the belly, his thumb never stop the gentle caress. Then he heard a deep intake of breath. He looked up.

Only to meet dark eyes staring down at him. A small smile painted on small pretty face.

He was so absorbed in his own head that he did not realized Eunjung had woken up from her nap. He was a little embarrassed, he felt heat rising up to his cheeks. He began to imagine how he must have looked, how creepy and cheesy he was being. FOR GOD’S SAKE HE WAS KISSING THE BELLY OF A SLEEPING WOMAN! He squeezed his eyes and withdrew his hand, sitting back in the chair.

But before he was completely out of reach, Eunjung had grabbed his hand. Placed in back on her belly, with her covering his hand, pressing it closer to their unborn child. “It’s alright Bin-ah. You don’t get to spend time with Red Bean. It’s unfair that you don’t get to spend as much time as I do with her. Trust me, if I’m flexible enough, I would have kissed my own belly long ago.”

This got Hongbin to laugh out loud. He appreciated Eunjung to not make fun of his vulnerable moment, and not ruin it for him. As he settled down to a soft chuckle, he looked at her again. Her eyes had settled back into a lazy half lid, still not completely awake from her nap. She was staring down at her belly. Hongbin resumed the movement of his thumb on her. Wanting to show his love to the growing baby. At the feeling of him starting to caress her belly again, Eunjung let out a soft sigh.

“I’m sorry I touched you when you were asleep. I did not mean to be creepy.”

“It’s alright, we kind of established that my belly is shared territory for now. And I can understand the pull that this little one has. You’re the father, so I will let it slide.” She chuckled, soft hands still on top of his, now caressing the back of his hand. A reassuring gesture. “Bin-ah, I’m sorry I woke up when I did. I think I cut the time you had with Red Bean short.”

“Nah, it’s alright.”

“You need to see how you looked. I swear you looked too much in peace, you look so in love. For lack of better words.” Their eyes found each other. “Please tell me that you are. Please tell me that I am not wrong, trusting to do this crazy together with you. Because if you are as in love as you look with our Red Bead, I am sure you will be greatest father. If the way that you looked was anything like how you will be when the baby is born, my mind will be put at ease that you will protect our baby from the world.” Her eyes were filled with hopes and pleading for him to step up.

“Eunjung…..” Hongbin tried to swallow. “Yes, yes I do love Red Bean. I have never felt this strong about anyone ever before.”

“Good…. That’s good.”

“But I don’t know if this is any sign of whether or not I will be a good father though.”

“It’s alright Hongbin, it’s a start.”

Their conversation was cut short by a knock on the door, and a call of Eunjung’s name. She called for them to come in.

It was Dr. Min, she walked in the room with a medical note pad in her hands. “So, how are we doing? Miss. Choi, are you feeling any pain? Any signs of nausea?”

“No, doctor. I felt no pain. I actually just woke up from a nap a couple of minutes ago.”

“Oh that’s excellent. We want you to be rested.” She then raised her pad. “So I got the results of your situation. So as suspected, you are suffering from what is called placenta previa. It’s where the placenta is laying low in the womb, covering the cervix opening partially or completely. If your case it’s about a 60% coverage. This is what caused the bleeding in the first place. The placenta shifted along the walls of the womb as the size grew. As you have noticed that there we a lot of growth in the last 5 weeks, this is one of the main cause. This condition is quite common on pregnancies in general, but quite rare for first pregnancies. It might be passed down from your family, this means to be cautious if you are planning to be pregnant again in the future.”

The doctor looked at the pair to gauze their reaction. By this time Hongbin had sat back in his chair, hands away from the belly, but holding Eunjung’s instead. The pregnant lady had shifted from her side and is now sitting up at the hospital bed, supported by a pillow and the raised top part of the bed.

“As for treatment, there is nothing that we can actively do. All we can do is wait for the placenta to move away from the cervix and resolve the issue. There is a good chance that your condition will be resolved, since this happened in the second trimester. So you still have room of womb growth and hoped that with it the placenta will also move. But in the minor case that it does not resolve 100%, we need to prepare to alternatives.

“So a coverage that is any higher than 10% is not going to guarantee a safe natural delivery. If forced, it can cause major bleeding that can be fatal for both the mother and the baby. So what we usually do is when you are nearing your due date, we would like to have a check of the position of the placenta. If it still covers the cervix, your only option is to have a caesarian delivery. It’s the safest for both of you.”

Hearing the news that she might not be able to naturally deliver the baby hits Eunjung quite hard. Because caesarian is a major surgery that she will have to go through. Requiring up to 2 months to fully recover from. Her knuckles turn while around Hongbin’s. He was trying not to yelp in pain.

“So, Miss Choi that is what is going to happen. Depending on the situation. What we can do now is to prevent anymore bleeding to happen. This being you having to take is slow. Much slower than you were before. I no longer suggest you being active in much lab work, since standing and walking around puts a lot of stress on your lower abdomen. It’s time to give up on penetrative all together.” At this the doctor winked at the both of them. Causing the young pair to blush and sputter around.

Hongbin swore this woman is really rooting for the two of them to get together.

“Since any contact with the cervix can cause irritation to the placenta, this means that any lly invasive test is going to be limited to a bare minimum until it is completely necessary. Usually it won’t be needed until the pregnancy reached full term, and only if we cannot locate the position of the placenta. Miss Choi, I would also advice you against driving yourself, especially if you have a manual car instead of an automatic one. Until the placenta had moved out of the way, you need to be very careful with how much you are moving your lower half of the body. Sports and exercise too, stay away from any impact and compression. But other than that all we have to do is wait.”

“So, there is a chance that I will have to have a c-section?”

“Yes, Miss Choi. But a small chance. Since your coverage is not severe, and it’s quite early in the pregnancy there are a big chance the placenta previa will resolve and you can deliver the baby naturally.”

“Is this doing any harm to the baby?”

“No. In this condition no it’s not a problem for the baby. But any further bleeding would. So that was why I am asking you to be very careful Miss Choi. If you were discovered much later, I would have to render you to a bed rest until the baby is to full term.”

“So I have to be very careful….”

“Yes, no lifting heavy objects, avoid stairs for now. Take time off from lab work. It would be great if you can have someone to live with you. To do the chores around the house, like cleaning and the likes.”

“Hmmm…. I live alone though. I might have to think about that.”

“Yes, as for your stay. I still want to keep you in for tonight, monitor the bleeding. And update you tomorrow. The drip contains some medication to ease the bleeding.”

Then Doctor Min proceeded to ask Eunjung to check on her current bleeding. During which Hongbin was kicked out of the room.

Once outside of the room he checked his phone again.

There was a message from Taekwoon saying that he is leaving the apartment and is on his way to the hospital that was around 5 minutes ago. And another message from Jaehwan, a picture sent to their group chat of his own lap. Eungdongie and Wonshik’s head was piled on it. It looks like they were in the apartment. With a message that says ‘Invasion of the Kim Mongrel Clan’ Hongbin wonder did Jaehwan cancelled his plan to go out.