Chapter 16: The Calm Before The Storm

A Mistaken Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am really sorry for being AWOL for the last couple of weeks. I had some personal issue that really messed up my emotions and hindered me from working on this ff. It is really hard to lose trust on the person whom you really loved the most. 

Here is a short update. I will make it up to everyone by giving a longer update in the next chapter. Brace for the storm because that is what I am feeling right now.

Love Lots Louise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Min Ho and Shin Hye went home together after the unplanned visit at her apartment. Shin Hye was both happy and sad at the same time knowing that her best friend and the man that she loves are now in good terms but sad that she had to let go of the apartment in which she had shared a lot of memories with.

As she was seating at the passenger seat, Min Ho held her hand seemingly aware of her thoughts.

“Is everything alright?” Min Ho asked Shin Hye who was looking outside of the window staring longingly at the lights dancing on the city of Seoul.

She looked at Min Ho and gave him a reassuring smile. “What did Jun Hyung tell you?” She asked.

Min Ho gave a soft chuckle and looked towards the road “nothing much.”

Shin Hye was curious over what transpired between the both of them. She gave her best aigyoo so that Min Ho would give her an answer.

Min Ho looked over her and could not resist the cute little pout that he can see on her girlfriend’s face.

“Araso. Your best friend has entrusted you to me.” He calmly said.

Shin Hye was taken aback over what he said. She knows Jun Hyung for the longest time and he is very protective of her. She could not believe that her best friend would just hand her over to a guy he barely knew.

“I know there is more to that story.” She said.

Min Ho could not keep any secret from her specially when it involves her best friend. “He said he will be assigned away from Korea and ask me to look after you.”

“But?” she asked knowing that there is a catch.

“But he said that that he will chase me to the ends of the world if ever I break her heart. Happy now?” He said.

That was the Jun Hyung that she knows. Of course, he will those words because he cares for her deeply as a friend…or more like a sister. Shin Hye had a very big smile plastered on her face.

This made Min Ho irritated. “Wipe off that pretty big smile from your face.”

“Why should I?” She countered back.

“I don’t like it. I don’t like you smiling like that because of another man.” He answered.

“Aigoo. You are such a jealous freak. He is just my best friend. You are my boyfriend. That is what’s important.” She affirmed.

Min Ho was happy that Shin Hye has established their relationship and made it clear. It seems like everything is now back in to place and life could not get any better.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A month had passed and both Shin Hye and Min Ho were living the good life together as a couple. They had already acknowledged their relationship to some of their close friends and colleague and everyone seems to be genuinely happy for them.

One afternoon, Shin Hye was preparing her papers for a class when Min Ho came in to the study room.

“What is my pretty girlfriend doing today?” He asked while walking towards her.

“Doing some school stuff. The semester is about to end so I have a lot of paper works to grade and finish.” She answered without looking at him.

Min Ho sat on the table and faced her. “I’m jealous. You like looking at those papers more than you are looking at me.” Then gave her a pout.

Shin Hye raised her head with her eyeglasses still hanging on her face. She could not resist the handsome face in front of her, so she reached out and gave the pouting lips a chaste kiss.

“Was that an apology kiss for not giving me any attention? “He asked.

Shin Hye arranged the papers in front of her and said “Maybe.”

“Then that kiss is not enough. You have been very busy lately that you don’t spend time with me.” He quickly moved over and sat beside Shin Hye on the sofa.

“Mian..I’m always busy during this months because of the end of school year. Promise, once the graduation day is over, I’ll spend my summer with you and Sung Jae.” She answered.

“I’ll let you off the hook this time but you would have to keep your promise.” He said.

“I promise.” She confirmed.

“Should we seal that promise with a kiss?” He said. But before Shin Hye could answer, Min Ho has already placed his lips on hers giving her a passionate kiss full of longing and desire.

After a couple of minutes of intense kissing, their make out session was interrupted by a knock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter