Chapter Seven / The Prince and the Pauper

If Only I Could See You // Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I start this chapter, I would like to leave a disclaimer. This chapter uses derogatory terms and spiteful comments as well as strong imagery of bullying. If you are uncomfortable with either of these subjects, please do not read this chapter.

 

 

 

"Oh, so you actually decided to show up, huh, ?" A male seethed as Sehun rounded the corner to the back of the school.

He stood against the wall, leaning against it slightly, with three other males standing next to him, much to Sehun's luck since it was less than the original nine the gang usually consisted of. Sehun sighed, running a hand through his rainbow-colored locks of hair.

"What do you want, In-Seong?" Sehun urged, trying to get to the point of In-Seong's request to meet up sooner rather than later.

In-Seong's eyes narrowed as he sauntered towards Sehun, giving him a rough shove to the shoulder once he stood in front of the younger. Sehun winced slightly as his back made contact with the back wall of the school.

"I think you know very well what this is about, and I think you know very well what I want in return." In-Seong seethed, a devious smirk playing at his pink lips.

"Just... leave him out of this..." Sehun muttered, breath shaking as he spoke. "How... How much?"

Sehun's hand dug into his pocket in search of his wallet before grabbing it and pulling it out. In-Seong's eyes flickered to Sehun's wallet before flickering back to meet the younger's attempt at an intimidating gaze.

"Quit trying to be fierce gay boy, fags like you are nowhere near scary," In-Seong grunted, voice bubbling in disgust. "One million won."

Sehun's eyes widened, "Are you serious?! One million won?!"

"You know the conditions boy." In-Seong hissed, smirk once again tugging at the corners of his lips.

"F-fine!" Sehun stuttered, digging out a wad of money from his wallet, "One million won, just... just leave him alone... and give me his stuff back!"

In-Seong pouted slightly before clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "Tsk tsk... Two million won and the stuff is yours. How about that? Be glad I'm even willing to consider your wishes you gay scum..."

Sehun sighed in defeat before pulling more money from his wallet, "Fine... Just take the money, give me his stuff, and leave..."

In-Seong snatched the money from Sehun's hands, a smirk tugging at his lips once again before a chuckle escaped his lips, "Too ing easy... Chanhee, give him the rat's stuff back. Juho, Seok-Woo, you guys know the drill."

"You know..." Sehun began, "They say the only reason people hate on gays is to try and cover up for their own homo- fantasies..."

"The did you just say?" In-Seong hissed, turning back to face Sehun, "You want to ing repeat that?!"

"Sure, I'm already going to get punched as it is." Sehun growled, "I said, they say that people that hate on gays are only doing so to cover up for their own homo- fantasies!"

"Why you little !" In-Seong barked, "Then again, what's that say about you? HUh, Oh Sehun? You're here, standing up for that ing worthless when you yourself said you hated gays. I guess you really are a gay piece of after all."

"The did you just say about him?!" Sehun screeched, face turning crimson with rage, "Say that again to my ing face and see if you live to see the light of the next day you !"

"In fact, I bet you'd love to just stick your in him and hear him scream your name while you him all night long... You ing disgust me Oh Sehun." In-Seong seethed, a cackle escaping his lips before he fell silent once more, "Don't go easy on that piece of ."

Chanhee grimaced slightly before throwing several notebooks and folders down at Sehun's feet, followed by a few articles of clothing and a cellphone, the screen cracking in the process. Seok-Woo cracked his knuckles, Juho following his actions and doing the same.

"I'm really sorry about this..." Juho uttered before his fist collided with Sehun's face, causing his head to snap back into the wall and a quiet cry of pain to escape him.

"What a dumb ..." Chanhee grumbled, kicking one of the scattered notebooks that laid at Sehun's feet. "Going through all this just to protect some rat gay kid."

"S-shut the hell up..." Sehun growled as Seok-Woo's fist collided with his nose.

"Even taking a beating for the damn guy... what kind of are you?" Chanhee grumbled, a low chuckle seeping through his closed lips afterward before he flipped Sehun his middle finger and followed after Inseong.

Juho threw another punch at Sehun's face, rings grazing him and leaving him with crimson welts on his face that slowly began to bleed once struck by Juho's ringed fist yet again. Seok-Woo rose his knee, digging it into Sehun's stomach and causing him to heave slightly, before bending to hold his stomach. Seok-Woo landed another punch on the top of Sehun's lowered head, causing him to fall to his knees from both the force and immense pain. Juho sent one final kick toward's Sehun, landing it on his nose, a loud crack screaming through the air as Sehun whimpered in pain, hands now holding his gushing nose. Seok-Woo firmly grabbed Sehun's hair, yanking his head upwards in a swift motion before kneeing him once again.

"People like you deserve to burn in hell." Seok-Woo spat before both he and Juho followed after Chanhee and In-Seong.

"Jesus ..." Sehun groaned as his body gave out and he found himself sprawled on the ground.

Sehun groaned in pain as he curled into himself, blood pooling out of his nose and running down his cheeking and matting his rainbow hair into dark red, wet clumps. "Ah ... I'm sorry...Junmyeon... For being this way..."

Sehun groaned yet again as his vision grew fuzzy and faded from the blue sky to black and back again. Sehun winced as he brought his hand up to cradle his already bruising face.

Sehun grabbed the shattered cellphone that laid next to him on the ground, pressing the power on the back and turning on the screen, revealing Junmyeon's lock screen and causing Sehun's heart to tighten.

"Where did he even get this picture..." Sehun muttered quietly, a small smile forming on his split lips.

"... JUNMYEON!" Sehun wailed as hot tears streamed down his red, bruising and scratched cheeks, stinging the cuts as they pooled out of his eyes like cascading waterfalls.

"Y-young master!"

"Sehun~" Sehun's mother cooed as she called up the stairs for her six-year-old son, "Come down the stairs, we have a surprise for you darling!"

"Yes, mommy!" Sehun called back, his small feet soon pattering down the large halls at a fast pace.

Sehun's small feet eventually brought him to the foyer of his large house, where his mother and father stood, both casting large shadows over his small form, his mother's that of which he would compare to that of an angel and his father's that of which he would compare to a demon. While one brought him comfort the other brought him great fear, and from behind his mother emerged a small shadow, slightly taller than his own. From behind his mothers dress and long legs appeared a small, dark-haired boy who appeared to be a few years older than Sehun.

The boy stepped out from behind his mother and bowed, his torso clumsily bending forward and his feet stumbling slightly. "Hello young master, I am Kim Junmyeon."

Sehun's chubby cheek's dusted a light pink as the boy rose his head, a smile forming on his lips. Sehun felt his heart flutter, causing a small giggle to escape his lips and pass through the gaps where his two front teeth would be.

"Did you guys get me a big brother??" Sehun asked, his eyes crinkling as his smile grew larger.

Sehun's father's expression tightened, "No son, Junmyeon is not your older brother. He is here to entertain and take care of you."

"Oh..."  Sehun mumbled sadly, his cheeks turning a darker shade of pink in embarrassment, "Okay..."

"You boys go upstairs and play now, Sehun make sure Junmyeon doesn't get lost on the way to your room." Sehun's mother said softly.

Junmyeon walked over to where Sehun stood before bowing once more, "It is nice to meet you Sehun. I hope we get along well. Your house is very pretty." 

"It's nice to meet you too Junmyeon! You'll be a very nice friend!" Sehun grinned and his eyes crinkled at the corners, sending Junmyeon's small heart into a frenzy and releasing hundreds of butterflies in his stomach.

"How old are you Junmyeon? I'm Six!" Sehun asked, eyes twinkling brighter than any stars Junmyeon had seen.

"I'm eight!" Junmyeon grinned, pinching Sehun's pink cheeks gently, "You're so cute!

"Higher!" A ten-year-old Sehun cried with a shrill laugh.

Junmyeon laughed, a large grin spreading across his face, "As you wish young master."

Junmyeon's hands press against Sehun's small back, pushing him as he swung his legs back and forth on the swing.

"I feel like I'm flying!" Sehun laughed, letting one of his arms extend to the side.

"Young master! Be careful! Please hang on to the swing with both of your hands, you'll hurt yourself otherwise." Junmyeon said, concern lacing his voice.

Sehun turned his head back towards Junmyeon, not listening to the older and continuing to let his other arm remain outstretched like a birds wing. "What are you talking about Junmyeon I'll be fi-"

"Y-young master!" Junmyeon yelped as Sehun fell from the swing and into the woodchips.

Sehun sniffled as he rose to his hands and knees, "Y-young master! Are you alright?"

A loud wail escaped Sehun's lips as hot tears cascaded down his cheeks. Junmyeon rushed from behind the swing to Sehun's side, drawing the smaller boy closer and holding him to his chest as he gently wiped the woodchips and dirt from his hands. Sehun whimpered slightly as Junmyeon's hands grazed against several cuts on both his hands and his knees as he cleaned them of woodchips and dirt.

"J-Junmyeon... It hurts..." Sehun sobbed, fingers curling towards his palms and around Junmyeon's hands.

"I know young master... I know..." Junmyeon cooed, trying his best to calm the crying Sehun, "Please be more careful next time young master."

"C-Can you kiss it better..." Sehun sniffled as Junmyeon wiped his tears with his thumbs.

"If that is what you wish young master, then yes I can," Junmyeon replied, taking Sehun's small hands in his own and giving them both small little pecks.

Sehun latched his arms around Junmyeon's waist, holding him tightly as tears continued to bead down his cheeks. Junmyeon's arms wrapped around Sehun's smaller body, his eyelashes tickling the younger's cheek as he brought his lips to his ear. A hand trailed to Sehun's head, his shiny, dark brown locks.

"It's alright young master... I have you... You're safe..." Junmyeon whispered, holding Sehun and cradling his head in his hand, "I won't let you go..."

"I-I think I like boys..." A thirteen-year-old Sehun muttered, his father's eyes narrowing as he processed his son's words.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter