Chapter Nine / Moonchild

If Only I Could See You // Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun runs his hands through his wet hair, draping the towel over his shoulder to catch any falling drips. He sighs silently, watching Chanyeol's awkward movements. Silence envelopes the two, though Baekhyun couldn't really tell if it was awkward or comforting, not that it mattered. He was with Chanyeol after all. Baekhyun walks to Chanyeol's window, trying to rid the nervous feeling in his heart.

Chanyeol shifts his body, turning his head in the direction he heard Baekhyun walk in. Baekhyun draws open the long, grey curtains, the rungs scrapping against the rod. Baekhyun stares out the window, watching as the raindrops cascading down the window slowly come to a stop. He watches as the last two race to the bottom, tracing the trails they left on the other side of the glass with his thin fingers.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol begins, his voice just above a whisper, "I'm really glad you came."

Baekhyun hums, watching as the clouds separate, exposing the nearly full moon. Chanyeol climbs onto his bed, carefully moving to the other side to sit and face Baekhyun. He doesn't know why, he doesn't know how, but somehow, he sees the light of the moon. A pale white glow comes from the square of his window, illuminating the front of the smaller figure standing in front of the window. It looks as if he is glowing, like the beads of water dribbling off of his hair are small stars in the sky. It was like he was the center of the galaxy, but perhaps he was just the center of Chanyeol's world.

Baekhyun turns slightly, half of his face glowing with moonlight, he smiles though he knew Chanyeol wouldn't be able to see it. Chanyeol smiles back, standing as his world is once again hugged by the thick dark his blindness taunted him with.

"You have a beautiful smile," Chanyeol states, catching Baekhyun off guard.

"I-" Baekhyun stutters, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks, "How would you know?"

A low, breathy laugh escapes Chanyeol's lips, "I just know."

Baekhyun looks to his feet, his cheeks warm as blood rushed to them. He chuckles slightly, walking towards Chanyeol and taking his hand in his, pulling him with him. Baekhyun guides the taller to the window, turning him to face him as the moonlight illuminates the two of them. 

"You have beautiful eyes," Baekhyun mutters, his gaze meeting Chanyeol's eyes and his fingers fumbling to intertwine with Chanyeol's free hand.

Chanyeol's fingers meet Baekhyun's hands, shyly squeezing it. He gulps, a deep pink dusting his cheeks as he feels Baekhyun's gaze on him. His eyebrows furrow at the thoughts that come to his mind, earning Baekhyun's attention.

Baekhyun hums, "Say what you want to say."

"I... I can't..." Chanyeol mumbles, turning his head to the side, "You'll be upset with me."

Baekhyun smiles slightly, "Just say it, I won't be upset. I swear." He gives Chanyeol's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Holding hands with you like this... Being with you like this..." Chanyeol began, his voice quiet. "It makes me want to... kiss... you."

Baekhyun's hands fall from Chanyeol's, Chanyeol looking down and awkwardly stumbling back. How long had it been since Baekhyun met Chanyeol, a few weeks? A month? Baekhyun's lips curled slightly, it didn't matter. He stepped towards Chanyeol, wrapping his arms around his neck and standing on his tiptoes slightly.

"B-Baekhyun?" Chanyeol stuttered.

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter