Chapter Four / How Can I Say?

If Only I Could See You // Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sighs, hitting his pencil against the edge of his desk, not really caring all that much for the lecture being given during music class. Kyungsoo groaned quietly, also not digging the lecture all that much. Jongdae rose his hand, the teacher looking at him and looking away, outright ignoring the 'troublesome' student. Jongdae huffed, raising his arm higher, nearly standing at this point.

"Oh come on! I know you see me, Mr. Jung! Don't act like you don't!" Jongdae whined, his arm falling to his side in physical defeat due to growing tired. 

Mr. Jung slowly turned to Jongdae, a look of slight annoyance on his face, "Yes, Jongae? What is it now?"

A smile formed on Jongdae's lips as he leaned back in his chair, "When is our next project?"

Kyungsoo sighed, "If you actually paid attention to the lecture you would know... That's what the whole lecture is about."

"Hey! You weren't listening either! Don't act like you were!" Jongdae exclaimed, defending himself.

"You guys are so childish I swear..." Minseok muttered under his breath.

"I heard that you fricken six-year-old!" Jongdae hissed, smacking Minseok's shoulder.

Minseok rolled his eyes, "I am older than all of you!"

"And?" Jongdae challenged, "It's not our fault you got held back in kindergarten!" 

Minseok rose to his feet, glaring down at Jongdae, "What does that even have to do with anything??!"

Jongdae also stood, inching towards Minseok, "You wouldn't be stuck with us if you weren't!"

"Why don't you fight me then you fetus?!" Minseok growled, forehead meeting with Jongdae's.

"I think that's enough from-"

"Whoa! Whoa, whoa! Whoa, Mr. Jung." Jongin cut in, joining the conversation, "Slow your roll! They're like, about to make-out or something! I've been waiting all year for this!" 

"Jongin what the hell?!" Jongdae hissed, immediately backing away from Minseok and finding his seat.

"Jongdae! Language!" Mr. Jung scolded.

Jongdae's nostrils flared as his head snapped to Mr. Jung, "Like you haven't heard or said worse! That's right, I heard you arguing with Mr. Lee! Don't think I didn't!"

Mr. Jung's face went red, whether from anger or embarrassment, causing Jongdae to smirk, "Get out of this classroom. Now."

Kyungsoo groaned as he watched Jongdae shrug, his smirk never leaving his face. Jongdae rose from his seat, grabbing his bag before casually sauntering out of the room. Mr. Jung sighed quietly, pinching the bridge of his nose as he covered his face with one of his hands.

"Did that seriously just happen?" 

Kyungsoo groaned, "Unfortunately yes."

Baekhyun looked to Minseok, who was sitting back down in his chair, shoulders slumped and a scowl present on his face. Baekhyun turned his head, looking to Jongin who was slowly sliding off his chair from laughing so hard, hand covering his mouth to prevent an ear-splitting cackle from escaping him. 

"I think Jongin is dying."

Kyungsoo didn't even bother to look at Baekhyun or Jongin after glancing at Baekhyun's notepad from the corner of his eye, "Good. Let him suffer."

"Jongin, sit up in your seat." Mr. Jung scolded as Jongin continued to slide down further, his once free hand now holding his stomach. 

"Oh damn, sorry Mr. Jung... That- that was just too good!" Jongin snickered, a loud screech of a laugh escaping his lips as he thought about the expression Jongdae had on his face, "Like, did you see his face?? Oh my god..."

"Whatever the case Jongin, you are disrupting the class-" Mr. Jung stopped as he saw a tall, rainbow-haired male strut into the classroom. "Oh Sehun, would you like to explain why you're late?" 

Sehun groaned slightly, "Cause of this . Get off my case would you?" 

Junmyeon hissed, "Why the heck is it my fault?!"

"Because you're freaking slow." Sehun complained, smacking the back of the shorter's head.

Junmyeon winced before turning towards Sehun angrily, "Just what do you think you're doing?! You have no right to hit me!"

Jongin cackled once more, index finger extended in the direction of Sehun and Junmyeon.

"This is fricken great..." Jongin laughed, wiping a tear from his eye, "I fricken love this class."

"Sehun, take a seat now or go stand in the hall like Jongdae. The same goes for you Junmyeon." Mr. Jung stated firmly before going back to explaining the reasons behind their upcoming project and what it was going to be.

"I can't believe he gave me a detention! Like, what the hell?" Jongdae groaned, packing his things into his backpack, "This is all your fault Jongin!"

Jongin snickered slightly and opened his mouth to speak, only to get cut off by Yixing, "Wait, what even happened?"

"Jongin's dumb happened," Kyungsoo grumbled and Jongdae slammed his locker shut. 

"I'm still just as lost as I was this morning..." Chanyeol spoke as he and Baekhyun reached Jongdae's locker. "Seriously, someone help the blind man." 

"You already have Baekhyun helping you-" Yixing began before processing the taller's words, "Oh... Nevermind."

"Are you guys going to the music room today Kyungsoo?" Jongdae cut in, earning a shrug from Kyungsoo.

"I don't know, unless Baek plans to go there by himself and wait until I get back from dropping Chanyeol off I don't think so," Kyungsoo spoke, looking to both Chanyeol and Baekhyun, fingers still interlocked as they stood there.

"Wait, I thought his sister came and picked him up..." Jongin spoke, looking to Kyungsoo with a raised eyebrow. 

"She has to work today, she isn't getting off for another two hours," Chanyeol replied.

"Oh." Jongdae muttered, "Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow then, I need to go to detention."

"Have fun!" Yixing smiled as Jongdae turned to walk down the hall, backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Shut up!" Jongdae called, turning his head slightly to scowl at Jongin and Yixing.

"Well, I'll get going then," Yixing said, waving goodbye before making his way down the hall in the opposite direction of Jongdae.

"Where the heck are Junmyeon and Sehun?" Jongin asked, pointing out the absence of the two males.

Baekhyun shrugged, not having the slightest clue where the two were.

"Sehun has detention, apparently he cussed Junmyeon out earlier in the hallway before Music. Junmyeon has a club meeting." Kyungsoo replied, "Anyways, let's go. Baek, I'll drop you off too."

"What about me, are you guys just going to leave me here alone?" Jongin whined.

Kyungsoo scowled, "No you . We are going to the same damn place."

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Thanks, Kyungsoooooo~" Jongin swooned, fluttering his eyelashes.

"Ew. No. Stop it." Kyungsoo grimaced before digging his car keys out of his pocket, "Let's just go."

Kyungsoo sighed, sliding down slightly in his seat as he watched Baekhyun help Chanyeol to the door of his house. The front door opened, revealing Chanyeol's smiling mother. Jongin shuffled awkwardly in his seat in the back of the car.

"K-Kyungsoo..." Jongin began, waiting for the older to acknowledge the fact that he was speaking.

Kyungsoo gave a short, low hum.

"About... About what I said last night... P-please forget it..." Jongin muttered, his face visibly flushing a scarlet color.

"M'kay." Kyungsoo replied in a short breath before the tense silence enveloped them once more.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief as he saw Baekhyun skipping back to the car, a red blush spreading to his ears, "What's got you so... pink?"

Baekhyun practically dove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter