Chapter Eight / Rainy Days [Part Two]

If Only I Could See You // Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo shuttered, his resting eyes opening, the dark image of Jongin's chest filling his vision in the night. The room illuminated with a blue-white light as a crack of lightning struck somewhere outside, causing Kyungsoo to desperately cling to Jongin, fear rising in his heart. Jongin stirred slightly, feeling Kyungsoo's fingers tightly ball up with the fabric of his shirt, making it feel like his shirt was strangling him. Jongin grunted slightly, his tired eyes fluttering open, squinting as another flash of lightning brightened the room. Jongin's eyes strained to see in the dark of the room once the flash left the room in pitch black shadow. Jongin's eyes lowered as he felt Kyungsoo's grip tighten yet again.

Jongin let out a tired moan, "Soo? What's wrong...?"

Kyungsoo remained silent, shaking slightly as thunder boomed through the outside air. The wind howled as rain pelted the windows, mimic the thunder in small bumps against the glass when they hit it. Lightning struck outside once more, a stream of jagged light breaking through the deep purple curtain of the night sky. Moments later thunder angrily rumbled in the sky once more, Kyungsoo burrowing his head against Jongin's chest.

Jongin yawned, placing a gentle hand on the back of Kyungsoo's head and his hair, "It's alright Soo, it's just a little bit of thunder and lightning..."

Kyungsoo shook his head against Jongin's chest, pulling his head back slightly before closing his eyes and pressing it back to the younger's chest as lightning flickered once more. Jongin gently caressed Kyungsoo's hair before his hand moved to his cheek, cupping it gently.

"It's okay... I'm here, don't be afraid... I won't let you go." Jongin whispered, gently Kyungsoo's cheek with his thumb.

Jongin propped himself on his elbow, outstretching an arm over Kyungsoo's smaller form and reaching towards the lamp on the bedside table, "I'm going to turn the light on, close your eyes."

Kyungsoo did as he was told, closing his eyes before Jongin's chest gently pressed against his nose and a yellow light filled the room. Jongin pulled his arm back, lowering his body back down to the bed and hand once again finding it's way to Kyungsoo's cheek, thumb caressing it gently. Kyungsoo opened his eyes, squinting slightly as they adjusted to the light, Jongin's sweet smile filling his vision as it focused. Kyungsoo's heart danced in his chest as he stared at Jongin's face, something finally settling inside of him, telling him he wasn't alone and that there was someone to keep him safe from the fears that constantly knocked him down.

"You're okay, I'm here," Jongin whispered, pulling Kyungsoo to his chest, chin resting on top of the smaller's head. "There's nothing to be afraid of..."

Jongin wrapped one of his arms around Kyungsoo, the other cradling his head, providing him with more support and comfort. Kyungsoo placed a hand on Jongin's side, holding the younger back as he nuzzled into his chest.

"Call Byun Baekhyun."

Calling Byun Baekhyun...

A yawn filled the other end of the phone after three rings, "H-hello?"

Baekhyun's voice was small and quiet, just like it had been that morning. A small smile graced Chanyeol's lips as he heard Baekhyun's small, higher pitched voice.

"Hey..." Chanyeol's deeper voice rasped as he spoke into the phone, "Did I wake you up?"

The other end of the line was silent for a few seconds before Baekhyun's quiet voice spoke up in a sarcastic tone, "No, I was casually awake at 3:47 in the morning."

Chanyeol chuckled quietly, "Sorry, I didn't know it was that late..."

Baekhyun sighed quietly, "Why aren't you sleeping...?"

Chanyeol was quiet for a moment before speaking in a quiet voice, "I can't sleep... My parents aren't home... and Yoora is out of town for work..."

"Wait," Baekhyun began, Chanyeol chuckling slightly at the older's tone of voice, "they left you home alone?"

"Yeah, I mean... It happens a lot more than I'd want it to... But they can't really help it. They can't just entirely cut out work because their son is blind..."

Baekhyun hummed slightly, blankets ruffling as he sat up Chanyeol assumed, "Wow... It's really pouring down out there..."

"My mom said we were supposed to have bad storms tonight..." Chanyeol said, "I don't like it..."

"Why? Are you scared of thunder and lightning or something...?" Baekhyun asked, hopi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter