Chapter Five / It's Not My Problem

If Only I Could See You // Chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, like, when are you going home exactly?" Kyungsoo grumbled, not bothering to look up from the book that he was reading when Jongin entered the bedroom.

Jongin sighed, running a hand through his hair to sweep it out of his eyes. Jongin placed his bag against the foot of Kyungsoo's bed before he flopped down on it, being careful of Kyungsoo's outstretched legs. Kyungsoo hummed before exhaling heavily through his nose in a slight huff.

"Hello? You going to answer my question?" Kyungsoo asked, placing his book in his lap as he sat up, quirking an eyebrow at Jongin. 

Jongin's nose scrunched up as he closed his eyes, rolling onto his side to face Kyungsoo though he didn't bother opening his eyes to look at him.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes slightly, harshly shoving Jongin's shoulder with his hands, "Come on, I'm not going to kick you out or anything. I just want to know how long you plan to stay, my god."

Jongin shrugged away from Kyungsoo's hand and rolled onto his other side, much to Kyungsoo's displeasing. "I don't know, okay?"

"Jongin it's been two weeks! Don't you think your parents miss you, you can't hide from this forever!" Kyungsoo explained, his voice trying to come off as soft but sounding rather annoyed.

Jongin swallowed slightly, "I'm not hiding from it... I..."

Jongin trailed off for a few seconds before speaking again, "I'm a failure of a son to them, hell, I'm not even a son to them anymore."

"Jongin- That's... That's not true! Hell, all they think about the situation is that there's a rumor about you being gay!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

"But it isn't a rumor Kyungsoo! It's true! I'm gay!" Jongin cried, "If they kick me out just because of a rumor I can't begin to think of what they would do if they knew it was actually true!"

Kyungsoo fell silent, his fingers anxiously skimming across the pages of his book. "Jongin... I'm sure they'll move past it at some point... Maybe they're just scared..."

"Scared?! Why the hell would they be scared, because I like men?" Jongin cried, now sitting up and staring Kyungsoo in the eyes.

"That's not what I meant! Maybe they're just scared that you'd get hurt! After all... Being gay... Isn't very accepted in Korea..."

Jongin fell silent and remained that way for the rest of the night. Kyungsoo sighed before laying back down and returning to his book, It's not my problem.

"Yah! Jongdae, go pair up with Minseok for the project!" Sehun hissed as he shoved Jongdae away.

"But Sehun!!" Jongdae pleaded, ready to get on his knees and beg for the younger to be his partner.

"No!" Sehun exclaimed, "I-I already have a partner!"

Jongdae straightened himself, quirking an eyebrow quizzically at the younger, "Oh really? Do you now?"

"Yes! Yes, I do!" Sehun yanked on the arm of the shorter standing next to him, unaware that it was the person that irritated him the most.

Jongdae nearly snorted as he saw Sehun's hand desperately grab the person standing next to him, "Really? You're partners with Junmyeon?"

Junmyeon looked up from his phone and to Sehun with large, owl-like eyes before opening his mouth to speak. Sehun turned his head, giving Junmyeon the look. "I will kill you so help me god Junmyeon."

Junmyeon swallowed slightly as he looked away from Sehun and to Jongdae, "Y-yes... we are partners."

Jongdae sighed in defeat, "Alright, I'll leave you guys alone then... Good luck..." 

Jongdae sulked away and Sehun let go of Junmyeon's arm. Junmyeon massaged his sore arm, red marks covering it due to Sehun's grip.

"Good boy." Sehun muttered quietly.

Junmyeon quirked an eyebrow as he looked back to Sehun, "You say something?"

"No." Sehun stated dryly, "I didn't say anything. Go work on the project or something." 

Junmyeon furrowed his eyebrows, "Aren't you going to help?"

Sehun looked to Junmyeon before busting out in laughter, "That's cute, you think I'm actually going to help you..."

Junmyeon sighed before trudging over to his seat and opening his laptop, now irritated with the rainbow-haired male. 

"Remind me why you aren't working with Minseok again?" Kyungsoo sighed, sitting down on the piano bench next to Baekhyun who was trying to find a flowing string of notes for the song they were supposed to write.

Jongdae stayed silent as he leaned against the piano. Baekhyun grabbed his notebook off of the piano and began to write something, silently laughing when he showed it to Kyungsoo.

"Probably some kind of lover's quarrel" Kyungsoo chuckled slightly, looking over at Minseok who was working with a guy named Luhan. 

"Just cause." Jongdae replied, "I feel like I always work with him..."

"You've worked with him like... once," Kyungsoo grumbled, chuckling slightly at Baekhyun's face when he found a melody he liked. "Is it about the thing Jongin said like two weeks ago?"

"No! Why would I still be hung up on something stupid like that... Besides, even if I wanted to work with Minseok he's already working with Luhan..." Jongdae exclaimed, grumbling slightly. "Who the hell even is Luhan anyways..."

"Someone's jealous..."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo agreed.

"Okay seriously, Jongdae, why are you still following us like a lost puppy?" Kyungsoo huffed, turning to face Jongdae who was trying to keep quiet with his following footsteps.

Jongdae tensed as his eyes met Kyungsoo's and he visibly recoiled back,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter