- Performance Day

Element Keepers

Today is the day of the performance and we're all backstage trying to calm our nerves down. I can't seem to stop pacing around. I mean, this is too nerve-wrecking. Did I mention that this is my first solo performance ever? No?

 

This is my first performance ever!

 

What if I don't hit the notes well? What if my voice cracks? What if I forget the lyrics?  What if I suddenly forget all the steps?  I can't afford to make a mistake. That would bring the whole team down. I mean, I can deal with the humiliation myself but if the others are d-

 

"You'll be fine, okay. Don't fret too much." A sudden weight on my shoulders stops me from rambling any further. He smiles at me but I can tell that he's hiding his nervousness with that hesitating smile. "Believe in yourself, 'kay. You did great during rehersals."

 

"Seokmin-ah. Don't say that to me when you yourself need the same words." I said, patting him at the shoulders, copying the same movement he did earlier.

 

"It's decide then. Yuna-ssi will be singing the opening song." Jeonghan-sunbaenim said as he stood up and clapped his hand once. "Since we are short on time, let's practice now. Shall we?" 

 

All of us then stood up and started stretching but before I can do mine, Jihoon-sunbaenim walk up to me and handed me a piece of paper. "I think it's a good idea if you start learning the song first."

 

"Oh, I think it's better if I start teaching you the choreo for our dance duet."  Soonyoung-sunbaenim intervened even before I can reply.

 

"Nope. Yuna-ssi will be practicing the steps with us." SinB  said trying to take me away from them.

 

"If it's dance, I think it's best if she practice the group dance first." Sojung-sunbaenim then said.

 

Since they have different opinions, they started to bicker and argue as to who I should practice first. Can they stop? Can someone stop them? How am I suppose to pick out if they're too busy outreasoning each other. Please, help  me.

 

As if someone heard me, Minghao came to me with an apologetic smile. "Sorry 'bout them. Sometimes, they get so passionate with what they think they forget about the important things"

 

"Yep. And they sometimes just like arguing." Someone said, as he slung his arms around Minghao's shoulder. It's Junhui-sunbaenim if I'm not mistaken. "You like singing, right?" 

 

I just nodded as an answer because I really don't have anything to say and he took it as his cue to continue speaking. "I think it's good to start with Jihoon first. People tend to learn things faster when they like it."

 

"Then you should take Soonyoung-hyung last. Since, it's only the two of you who will dance so everything is much clearer when on stage. Besides, hyung is a great teacher." Minghao continued.

 

"Then that means; you will be joining any of us when it's time to practice group performances." Yerin-sunbaenim said walking towards us with a smile in her face.

 

"You know, this is the best time for you to skip practice." Once we heard the sigh from behind, as if practiced, we turn around to see an almost sulky Seokmin leaning against the mirror.

 

"What do you mean I'm  nervous? I mean I'm not scared if ever my voice cracks or if ever I mix the steps. Whoever says that I'm nervous?" He says with fake confidence. I just playfully roll my eyes on him and smile back when I saw him smile as well. It's kinda calming when someone knows how you feel.

 

"3 minutes until showtime, guys. Make sure you're warmed  up."  Sungcheol-oppa announced. Calling him without any formality as a hoobae is still uncomfortable but I'm going to be used to it.

 

"Ah, Yuna-ya. I think it's better if we drop the honorifics. Just be comfortable and call me an unnie, okay?" Sojung-sunbaenim - I mean Sojung-unnie said. I didn't know it was that loud that even the other sunbaes are saying the same thing.

 

"That's right, Yuna. If you need to go somewhere don't be shy and I will you there. You don't have to borrow a map just for that." Jisoo-oppa added. Map? What does he mean by map? Wait! That's why his voice is so familiar. He was that student in that paper-filled room. 

 

My eyes and mouth widened at the sudden realization but someone's voice was heard even before I can ask him the question. "Hyung! Does that mean it was you who gave Yuna the-"

 

I quickly slap my hand on Seokmin's mouth making others look at us with confusion. They may know that I tried to escape at the border and they may know that Seokmin was with me back then but I'm sure they don't know anything about me meeting Jisoo-sunbaenim earlier than anyone else.

 

"Don't be nervous, okay. You're going to be just fine." Yerin-unnie said the moments she spots the two of us. I wish I have her confidence right now.

 

"You're going to do great, unnie. Look at you. You're beautiful. Your nervousness will lessen it." Yewon says cheering me up. She's such a cute maknae.

 

 "Yah! Let me see how you dance." SinB says looking through the music sheet for something to play with. This is what  I mean when I said that commomner's gadgets are a big help.

 

Well, since I've already sang infront of them, might as well be a thick-faced girl I am and dance as well. So, when I heard  the music, I just let my body move until it stops. I look at the girls only to see them give me a wide-eyed face. They were shocked. I know that for a fact.

 

"Woah." I heard SinB said breaking the silence. In my observation she is probably the best dancer out of all of us and if I get response like that, I might did something good. "Unnie, just stick with singing, okay?" Maybe not.

 

Yah, you can definitely win an ugly dance battle against Seungkwan and that is an achievement. A great achievement."

 

First it was Chaeng, now them? I guess I really do at dancing. Anyway they just started teaching me the steps right away and we manage to finish it fast. 

 

"I'm gong to warn Soonyoung-oppa about you." SinB told me as soon as she finished drinking her water.

 

"There you guys are. Let's do one last cheer before we head up to the stage." Sungcheol-oppa says having us gathered with the ohers.

 

We placed our hands on top of each other and shout with all our might a "Fighting!" for a good  performance. Not long after, I was called to be placed at the stage lift. My heart beats soo fast, not with nervousness, but with excitement. I look at the others as they went towards their places.

 

"You'll do great, Yuna." 

 

"You, too. Thanks, Seokmin."

 

The stage start to rise up. Well this is it. 

 

[insert: 2016 Seventeen & GFriend Collab Stage at Mama]