- You're a Keeper?

Element Keepers

My name is Choi Yuna.

 

I'm just a normal girl that you see everyday but what's so special about me?

 

Well, I have a secret.

 

"Yah, Choi Yuna, hurry up!" with a satisfied smile, I lock the door of my house and ran towards my best friend who is waiting for me rather impatiently.

 

We walk towards school everyday. I don't mind, actually. It's kind of like a morning exercise and school's not that far anyway. Besides, the ocean breeze hitting our face as we animatedly talk to each other isn't that bad either.

 

"Speaking of school; have you done our homework?" I asked.

 

"Why are you asking? Because you haven't done yours?" She beams questioning me.

 

"Yah! For your information, Chaeyeon-ah. I happen to pull out an all-nighter just to answer and finish it."

 

"Really, now? If so, what subject was it?" Oh, so now you don't trust me.

 

"Calculus." I confidently anwered.

 

"It's trigonometry, you dolt."

 

Feigning a shocked expression - wide eyes and exaggerated inhale - I look at her. So, that's why none of the formulas felt right. "It changed? I'm pretty sure it's Calculus, though. Yah, let's check each other's answers."

 

Sure I can admit that I did wrong but Chaeyeon won't let me hear the end of it. So I tried opening her bag and steal her notebook, but before I can even fully open the zipper she ran off making me chase her. Seriously? Can't she not?

 

"What do you mean 'check each other's answers'? You're gonna copy, are- I'm so sorry." Her words halted when she bumped into someone.

 

"Sorry?" The guys she bumped  asked, his voice deep and sounds like trouble. "No one bumps me and gets away with it." 

 

The guy then reach out for Chaeyeon's hand and twisted. What the! What is he doing? I have to help.

 

"Yah! Let her go." A sudden burst escaped my lips. 

 

The guy turn towards me. I really am a dolt. What am I even doing? Logically speaking, I should just not get any attention from him and call the cops. I'm pretty sure that is a good idea. I mean shouting at him while walking backwards is not that great of strategy.

 

"Look what we have here. She has a friend. Care to join the fun?" He then locks his arms around my bestfriend's neck, choking her.

 

"I said; let her go!"

 

"Are you trying to scare me? Well, try again."

 

"Leave her alone, please, or else-"

 

"Or else what? You're going to call the police? I don't think so, missy." Then he Chaeng's face.

 

Okay! That's it. He has done it. No one does that to my best friend and gets away with it. What can I do? We're beside the ocean and stations are too far from beach. If I call the police, now that he has his eyes on me, something worse might happen to Chaeng. What if I just attack recklessly? Then I'll just get caught and that's not much help at all.

 

All of a sudden, I hear the ocean. I feel the breeze making me look towards the body of the water. I can feel each splash of the waves against the shore. No! Not now. Not when my best friend and a stranger is in front of me. It could risk everything.

 

"Yuna." I heard my name being weakly called. "Help me, please."

 

I look up to her, only to see her eyes b with tears. Looking at her pleading face triggered me. I didn't know what's gotten into me but my hands, and  practically my whole body, gracefully dances and I can now feel each particle of the water bending at my will. I let a blob of water above their heads. The guy look up and slowly I let the water down but before it touches them, the guy screams and breaks into a run leaving my best friend to fall with a thud. I let the water float back towards the ocean then run towards her inspecting her body for any injury.

 

"Chaeng, are you alright?" She looks up to me with tears in her eyes and confusion in her voice.

 

"Yuna, you're a keeper."

 

The secret, you ask?

 

I'm a keeper