chapter 8: bus ride and basketball game

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

"Hey Kyungsoo, let's go home together!"

Kyungsoo paused his packing and looked at Hongbin, who was looking back expectantly.

"Sorry Bin," he said, a little guilty for rejecting the other. "I promised Jongin I'd go home with him today."

Hongbin huffed in annoyance. However, he gave Kyungsoo a teasing smile. "How's your relationship with him?", he asked.

Kyungsoo got flustered and turned his gaze to his bag, fidgeting nervously with the zippers. "Nothing much," he muttered.

Hongbin looked at how shy the other had become and decided to stop teasing. He patted Kyungsoo's arms and walked off, saying something about finding Wonshik in the studio instead. Kyungsoo took a moment to recompose himself and patted his face. He then continued packing his bag and after he was done, he walked towards the school's main gate to meet Jongin.

 

When he reached the gate, Jongin was already waiting there, scrolling through his phone. Kyungsoo was almost blown away by how ethereal Jongin looked with the warm glow of orange the setting sun gave out, highlighting the best part of Jongin's features. He continued his walk and when he reached the other, Jongin lifted his head up from his phone and smiled.

"You're here."

Kyungsoo returned the smile and gestured for them to start walking towards the bus stop. It has been this routine for the past two weeks. Waiting for each other after school ends and taking the bus back home together. And now he was here listening to Jongin talk animatedly about his day. Kyungsoo didn't think he'd get luckier than that. They waited for a short while before their bus arrives and Jongin settled for a window seat, Kyungsoo sitting beside him.

"So there's this girl in my class, I really cannot fathom how people can be as rude as her!" Jongin sighed in exasperation as he complained to Kyungsoo. "She seems to think that just because I don't really bother about my surroundings means I am blind towards everything. The worst thing is she still has the shame to come over to my table and act nice to me."

"Well, people are like that. Just tell her to stop bothering you," Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin shook his head. "I told her countless of times but she's like this annoying creature that won't go away!"

Kyungsoo laughed and Jongin pouted at his reaction. "What's so funny," he muttered.

"I'm sorry, it was just kind of funny. Anyways, you're part of 'F9' so this should be normal to you by now, right?", Kyungsoo said.

Jongin 'tch' and turned towards the window. "It's sad because it's normal. I want to tell people off but I don't want them to think I'm mean or something."

people already think you're intimidating though, Kyungsoo thought. He smiled sympathetically and patted Jongin's arm. "It's okay. You don't have to think much of people's impression of you. Everyone's impression of you will be different. You just have to know if what you're doing is right or wrong, that's all."

The younger turned back to look at him and Kyungsoo thought his heart was going to malfunction. oh god, those eyes. 

"I guess you're right." Jongin gave him a smile. "Thank you. You're like the best person I can tell everything to."

As Jongin turned back to stare out the window, Kyungsoo leaned his head back on the seat. He was glad he Jongin felt that he was able to let everything out. He sighed in content. 

I want to be here for your every happening. 

--

 

"Oh my god, isn't that Kim Wonshik?"

"Oh, yea! I just saw Park Chanyeol outside the sports hall just now, so they may have come here together!"

"I didn't know they were interested in basketball... maybe I should join it too."

People were whispering around Wonshik, who was sitting alone awkwardly in the front rows of the bleachers. He had come here with Chanyeol - who went to the washroom - to watch Hongbin's game. Hongbin had made a deal with Chanyeol for him to watch the game with Wonshik in exchange for letting them complete their songs the same day Chanyeol met Baekhyun. Wonshik looked at his watch. 15 minutes before the game starts. He took out his phone and texted Hongbin a quick break a leg before receiving a heart emoji as a reply. As he put away his phone, Chanyeol came back and sat down beside him.

"You're gaining so much attention here," Chanyeol stated, gesturing to the number of people looking in awe at them.

"That's because I'm here with you. They're looking at you, not me," he replied.

"You need to stop thinking you don't have any admirers at all because that's not true. Look at all those love letters you receive," Chanyeol argued back.

Wonshik scoffed. "Those aren't love letters. They just write down an 'I like you!' and that's that. Also, it's not like you don't receive at least five every day."

Chanyeol sighed, giving up. Wonshik was hard to argue with. He doesn't think that he has any admirers and F9 believes that it's because he only has his eyes on Hongbin that he completely ignores the surrounding world.

They then sat in silence till everyone started cheering when the players come out and the referee threw the ball up in the air, signaling the start of the game.

 

At half-time, Hongbin jogged over to where Wonshik and Chanyeol were sitting to greet them. People - especially fans of those three - gasped because to those who came to watch the game, Hongbin was so near the audience and to those fans of the other two, they were surprised by the interaction.

"Hey, you both came!"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Yea, let's pretend you didn't blackmail me into coming here."

"And let's pretend you didn't take away precious free time from both my boyfriend and my friend," Hongbin replied with a smile that seemed a little too scary.

Wonshik opened a bottle of water for Hongbin and the latter took it with a grateful smile, downing the whole bottle within seconds.

"Wow, thirsty much?" Chanyeol said snarkily.

"Water's not the only thing I'm thirsty for," Hongbin deadpanned. He then turned to Wonshik and winked before running back to his teammates, not missing the blush creeping up on the elder's face.

"Stop smiling. You've been smiling ever since Bin came out. It's creepy."

"Shut up, or I'll kidnap you and demand a billion dollars from your dad and kill you afterward."

"I see birds of the feather flock together."

 

-

 

ayee im back rabin is a lowkey power couple ;)