chapter 6: music event

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea wtf is a music event this is a made up it was supposed to be a music festival but i googled it up and was like 'nope this ain't the thing i was going for' so pls imagine more of like an event where there's instruments, bands, booths etc lmao like an anime festival??? thank you 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The Satans were sitting around a table doing their own works when Himchan spoke up. “Anyone free this weekend? There’s a music event going on and I’m heading down with Yongguk.”

“Oh, I should’ve known you were going,” Hongbin said. “I’m going with Wonshik. Maybe we could meet up then?”

Himchan nodded in agreement and Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Must be great going on a double date with your bestie,” he mumbled.

“Come on, don’t be so salty. Join us, I’ll ask Daehyun along,” Hongbin offered.

Youngjae shook his head miserably. “I don’t think he’ll want to go. Is he even interested in music?”

“You’re booked for the weekends, Yoo Youngjae. Daehyun is coming so stop looking like a kicked puppy. It’s disgusting.” Youngjae whipped his head up in disbelieve and Himchan held up his phone, eyebrows cocked. “I asked him.”

“You are literally the best, Himchan hyung,” Youngjae said slowly, eyes coming back to life.

“I know. Does anyone else wants to come along?”

The rest of the group shook their heads, mumbling some things about being busy before going back to their works again.

“Well, see you on the weekends then, Youngjae and Hongbin.”

 

-

 

The weekends arrived quickly and soon, Youngjae was at the event with Himchan and Hongbin. They were waiting outside the entrance for their partners to arrive. While the other two were chatting animatedly, Youngjae was completely out of it. He had not been able to sleep much the previous night because of the thumping in his chest that would not seem to calm down. Was meeting Daehyun really such a big deal? After all, he was only human. Youngjae sighed and excused himself away from the two to go to the restroom.

As he was walking, he accidentally bumped into a person and almost fell backward, if not for the person catching him on time. He quickly apologized and looked up, almost cursing when he saw who was it that he bumped into.

“Yongguk-ssi! I’m so sorry!”

“It’s okay,” Yongguk said with a small smile. “Are you okay though? You seemed quite out of it?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Thank you! I’m sorry once again! Himchan hyung and Hongbin are at the entrance. I’m just heading towards the restroom.”

Yongguk nodded and patted him and his shoulder before leaving and Youngjae sighed in relief. He should count his lucky stars that Yongguk didn’t kill him for not seeing where he was going.

He continued his walk and as he was turning around the corner, he bumped into yet another person.

“Why!,” he shouted out irritatedly. The person he had bumped into widened his eyes, shocked that Youngjae shouted after bumping into him.

“Youngjae-ssi? Are… are you okay?”

Youngjae gasped. “Daehyun?! I mean – Daehyun-ssi! Uh, I am fine and I’m sorry for bumping into you!”

Daehyun chuckled at the sight of the other being so flustered. “It’s okay. Where are you going anyways? The festival is the other way.”

“I’m heading to the restroom.”

“Okay, you go ahead. I’ll wait here for you,” Daehyun said while leaning against the wall, making himself comfortable.

Youngjae tried protesting against that idea but other was adamant about it and even jokingly threatened to bring him to the cubicle himself. Youngjae had no other choice than to let Daehyun do whatever he wanted.

After Youngjae had cleared his mind in the restroom, he stepped out and his heart skipped a beat seeing Daehyun waiting for him. With his newly-dyed pastel pink hair slightly ruffled by the passing wind, the white dress shirt reflecting the sunlight making him seem to glow and him being unbothered by everything, Youngjae thought Daehyun was just so ethereal.

Daehyun noticed him and waved, smiling and urging him to hurry. He couldn't hear or see anything else because his focus was solely on Daehyun. However, he could see Daehyun's lips moving and Youngjae was sure he said: ‘Himchan hyung just called and asked me to hurry there!’ Youngjae nodded and stepped out into the sunlight.

If this is what an angel looks like, then I am blessed forever.

 

-

 

When the duo reached the entrance of the event, they had to endure a full minute of Himchan's nagging for making the group wait. It took 10 apologies, 3 explanations, 1 Hongbin urge for Himchan to stop, and 1 Yongguk pacifying kiss on the lips for Himchan to stop nagging. The group finally went in and split up into - group 1: Yongguk and Himchan, group 2: Daehyun, Youngjae, and Hongbin, solo: Wonshik.

"Should I accompany Wonshik?", Daehyun offered when he saw the guy walk off alone. Hongbin shook his head. "It's fine. He said he wanted to see some things by himself. I'll just come along with the both of you." He then lowered his voice and whispered to Youngjae: "Sorry for being a third party here. I'll leave the both of you alone somewhere in the middle. Please don't mind me." Youngjae was just about to reply but Hongbin had already pushed the both of them together to take the lead, a cunning smile on his lips that only Youngjae could see.

 

They started walking around, taking in the various types of music playing and stopping by booths to see and hear what the creators have made. Youngjae was so immersed with the experience with Daehyun beside him that he didn't notice that Hongbin had indeed left halfway until Daehyun commentated on it. He simply shrugged and assured the other that Hongbin was probably back with Wonshik, and they continued their walk around, eventually stopping by a booth selling snacks and drinks for a break and sat down on the seats provided.

"How was the event?", Daehyun asked, breaking the silence between them.

"Pretty good," Youngjae replied. "People here are really talented."

"I didn't know you were into this kind of things."

"Well..." Youngjae was stumped. He couldn't just tell Daehyun he came because he wanted to see the other, right? 

Daehyun spoke up before Youngjae could reply. "I actually came because Himchan hyung told me you were coming."

"What?"

"Couldn't miss the opportunity to hang out with the prettiest boy on earth, right?" Daehyun winked and stood up, holding his hand out for Youngjae. "Come on, let's go find the others."

As Youngjae blankly grabbed the elder's hand, his mind was in a mess. Did Daehyun really come to this event just because of him? What in the world is going on? Are pigs flying right now? Daehyun pulled him along through the crowds and he took in everything; from the other's back view to the slightly rough hands holding onto his, Youngjae was sure he was dreaming. However, that night when he laid on his bed with Daehyun's text showing on his phone screen, he prayed to every higher entity that he wasn't dreaming. He giggled as he typed in a reply.

 

dae

jdh: hello yoo youngjae ;)

 

yyj: hi :-)

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone! ive been keeping track of the number of people reading this story and im SO thankful for all 46 of you <3

plus the people who bookmarks my chapters ??? WOW thank U i didnt know these chapters are impactful enough to make yall wanna bookmark them.

THANK YOU again and please do comment your thoughts and opinions! have a great day/night everyone!