chapter 7: chaebyeol

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

 

Chanyeol hissed in pain as someone flicked his ear. He glared at the culprit who was glaring back at him, arms crossed.

"What the hell, Hongbin? What was that out of a sudden?!"

Hongbin sat down on the sofa (arms still crossed and still glaring) and sighed. "Stop being cooped up in your studio. You producers will never know the word 'rest', huh?"

Chanyeol rubbed his ear and looked away guiltily. "I'm sorry to disrupt your free time with Wonshik, but I promise today will be the last day I'm holding him back! Besides, Baekhyun's coming today."

Hongbin looked at Chanyeol who had shyly muttered the last few words and smiled knowingly, the previous annoyance he felt disappearing. He recalled a few days back he had asked Baekhyun out for lunch at a new place but the boy had scurried away after rejecting him, leaving no time for Hongbin to ask questions. He stood up and pat Chanyeol's shoulders on his way out.

"Have fun, hyung. I think Baekhyun's your type."

When Chanyeol had processed what Hongbin said it was already too late; the other had left the room. He swiveled his chair around and fanned his face which suddenly got hotter.

Why am I so affected?!

 

-

 

Baekhyun looked at the building in front of him. He then looked at this phone to check the address and looked at the building again.

 

PARK GROUP & CO.

 

Did... did Chanyeol gave him the right address? He dialed for Chanyeol's number in his phone.

 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Chanyeol. This is Baekhyun. I... your... the address that you gave me, was it the right one?"

"Hold on, let me check."

 

Baekhyun waited as he hears Chanyeol fumble around with his phone and after a short while, Chanyeol replied back.

 

"Yea, it's right. Are you here already?"

"Yes...?"

"Great! I'll ask someone to go get you. Oh wait, should I bring you up personally instead? Yes, I think I'll do that. You're at the entrance, right?"

"Yes."

"Alright, I'll be right there."

 

After the phone call ended, Baekhyun quickly texted Satans.

 

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ Satans.

baek:  @bean @byg's this is an emergency code red code red

 

bean:  i suppose ure there already huh

 

baek: what is this supposed to mean

 

byg's:  ?? what's going on

 

baek: why is chanyeol inside the building of THE park group ??!

 

byg's: oh

 

bean:  i was there too he's not special

 

bean: well actually he kinda is

 

baek: stfu

 

baek: tELL ME WHATS GOING ON BEFORE HE COMES DOWN

 

bean:  wow rude. anyways he wont come down in another 5 minutes. he's not dumb yeol without a reason

 

byg's:  my child @baek, if you want a sugar daddy, yours is coming down in 5 minutes.

 

baek: what the- does he own the entire company ??

 

byg's: he's a little too young to be owning but his dad owns a ton of things.

 

bean:  i see the pot calling the kettle black

 

byg's: stop revealing my life secrets

 

yyj: what the- himchannie hyung is a rich kid??

 

yyj:  wow please adopt me

 

byg's:  dont ever call me himchannie and you were all my children since day 1

 

n: except for me. 

 

byg's: whatever you say~

 

baek: so what am i supposed to do now

 

byg's: seduce him

 

bean: and take all his inheritance.

 

baek: bye i see him waving. wish me luck.

 

 

Baekhyun put down his phone and walked towards the waving Chanyeol. Now that he found out Chanyeol is the son of one of the richest man in the region, he had no idea how to react. Was he supposed to bow respectfully? His heartbeat quickened as he recalled the times he was rude towards Chanyeol. Is his life ruined now? Did Chanyeol call him here to kill him under the guise of recording a new song? His thoughts were cut off when Chanyeol called out his name.

"Baekhyun!"

"Hi... Chanyeol," he smiled weakly.

Chanyeol gave him a wide smile before turning and leading the way. People walking by bowed to Chanyeol, who bowed back slightly. It was almost a comical scene with Chanyeol bowing every second but it warmed Baekhyun's heart to know that the other wasn't the arrogant kid.

Once they were inside the lift alone, Baekhyun finally lets his curiosity run wild.

"You're really the son of the chairman here?", he asked carefully.

"Yeah. You didn't know? I thought Himchan hyung and Bin would tell you."

Baekhyun sighed, pinching his forehead. "They just told me a few minutes ago."

Chanyeol hummed in response.

The lift door opened and Baekhyun followed behind Chanyeol. "Why did you ask me to come here though?"

"Oh, I have to attend to something here later on and I have a studio here as well, so I thought why not?", Chanyeol shrugged.

They reached the end of the corridor which was carpeted with velvet and decorated with things that could be worth more than Baekhyun's entire life, and Chanyeol pressed his finger on the scanner, which opened the door to the studio.

Once inside the room, Chanyeol went straight to his producing area and Baekhyun awkwardly put his belongings down on the sofa. Chanyeol turned towards him and Baekhyun swore he had the chills because of how professional the other had turned into. "Shall we begin?"

 

They spent the next few hours recording and discussing ways to make the song better and Chanyeol was glad that Baekhyun was the one that he asked for help. Baekhyun had been really creative and have a keen ear for melodies, Chanyeol had noted. Plus the way he sang really gave Chanyeol goosebumps. He wondered why Baekhyun wasn't a famous singer yet.

"If you want, I can find a way to let you be signed under PK Entertainment, it's one of the companies this group owns," Chanyeol said to Baekhyun when they were taking a break.

Baekhyun almost spat out the water he was downing. "W- what?! It's okay, I think I'm fine for now."

"Really? But you sing so well... it's such a waste of talent," Chanyeol replied, a little down that Baekhyun rejected his offer. It wasn't that he was disappointed Baekhyun rejected him, but he was just upset that no one would see the talent that Baekhyun has.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was secretly happy that Chanyeol thought he had the talent. And the fact that Chanyeol had offered to help him get a place under PK Ent, the company housing the biggest celebs of the century? Baekhyun was more than grateful.

After their break, they continued on till Chanyeol said he had to go attend to some matters soon. He had offered to send Baekhyun home but the other declined, urging him to go attend to whatever he has to do. They parted ways at the exit of the building (Chanyeol insisted to send Baekhyun at least to the exit) and once he was a safe distance away, Baekhyun texted Satans again.

 

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ Satans.

baek: im supposed to hate him TT help me jaehwan-ah

 

kennie: have u betrayed me my fam

 

baek: have i ?? TTTT

 

kennie: i thought our friendship was real

 

baek: im sorry ;;;; life is unexpected. he's so nice actually.

 

kennie: go away

 

byg's  jaehwan stop this drama before i reveal what happened on monday.

 

kennie: ok im sorry baekhyun-ah all the best for your love life i'll be supporting you always bye.

 

ks: what's going on?

 

byg's: enjoy ur bus rides with kimkai 

 

ks: im calling the police

 

kennie: @ks count me in

 

byg's: our kennie here treated my hyogi to an ice-cream on monday.

 

kennie: WTF 

 

baek: WTF

 

baek: goodbye ken ure cancelled.

 

kennie: .

 

 

 

In the far distance, Cupid giggled. If everything goes well, her promotion would be next month.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wow a chapter dedicated to chanbaek. i wanted to write kaisoo too but i promise we'll see them in the next chap!!

btw this is by far my favorite chap i love rich AUs HAHA

 

thank you for reading!

 

p.s quite a few people requested for banghim but bcs theyre a stable couple alrdy i wont write much just like rabin. however, im thinking of writing a backstory for them. a chapter dedicated to their past and how they came to be :) but their "screentime" here in the future chapters will still be limited.

if you all dont want the back story then i'll just slot them in somewhere in the future chapters but dont expect it to be more than the other couples. 

we'll see how it goes!