chapter 3: study room 7

✦ ✧ ∗ ❥ college adventures (discontinued indefinitely)

The next day, the Satans group were studying together in a study room that they had booked. Hongbin had left a while ago to fetch Wonshik who will be joining them.

Youngjae broke the silence first. "Seriously though, I'm still in shock. To think that my friends are dating the legendary F9... wow."

Himchan looked up at him. "I could text Daehyun right now to join us. You want that?"

Youngjae's eyes immediately brighten up. "Really? Please kindly do so. I actually have a class with him and I don't really understand the things taught..."

Himchan shook his head slightly and whipped out his phone. "Alright, hold on."

 

Dae

 

byg's: loverboy

 

 

jdh: ??

 

 

byg's: oo u reply fast. where are you?

 

 

jdh: with yongguk hyung in the recording room. why?

 

 

byg's: tell him to stop working too much.

 

 

byg's: anyways come down to study room 7. my friend needs help in a subject that u apparently know

 

 

jdh: uh.. okay. be right there.

 

 

byg's: ok tell yongguk i love him

 

 

jdh: he said thanks

 

 

 

 

Himchan looked up from his phone and met Youngjae's expecting eyes. "He's coming now."

Youngjae jumped up from his seat and pumped his fist up in the air. "I love you Himchan hyung!"

"Yucks."

 

Hongbin and Wonshik soon arrived and it was all awkward introducing especially from Wonshik. They realized that he was very shy, which came off as cold because he doesn't interact. They all started doing their works again until Daehyun arrived - with Jongin and Taekwoon in tow.

 

"Wow, buy 1 get 2 free?", Himchan joked.

"I saw them on the way here, so I just dragged them," Daehyun shrugged as he pulled a chair beside Youngjae. "So, I guess you're the one that needs help?"

Youngjae nodded, a little stiff because of the other's overwhelming scent and presence. "How did you know though?"

"Saw you in one of my class. Such a pretty boy, hard to miss."

Now if anyone else other than Daehyun had told Youngjae he was pretty, he would've socked them right in the face. But right now he was trying hard to suppress his smile. Daehyun actually saw and remembered him. He felt alive.

Daehyun proceeded to start teaching Youngjae the areas he didn't know and the latter had to try hard to concentrate. It was tough considering how hot Daehyun looked while teaching. Youngjae sent a grateful smile to Himchan, who just smirked.

 

Taekwoon and Jongin both sat in-between of Hakyeon and Kyungsoo and the two of them mentally thanked each other for the amount of space between them. Taekwoon just scrolled through his phone while Jongin spoke to Kyungsoo.

"Hey."

"Hi."

There was an awkward silence before Jongin continued: "You're coming to the performance this Friday?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Of course." He would never miss a performance with Jongin in it.

"Cool. Where will you be seating? Maybe I could see you when I'm on stage."

"I'm always seated in the fourth row in the middle. Really great view."

Jongin nodded.

Kyungsoo, now a little more comfortable, let out his thoughts.

"But I really hope there won't be so many people there though. Most of them are not even interested in what's going on." He rolled his eyes.

"What? Really?", Jongin asked. He was honestly a little hurt to find out that people are not interested in his performance.

Kyungsoo noticed the hurt in Jongin's expression and quickly tried to comfort the other. "I mean, most of them are your fans, and I'm sure they appreciate your performance a lot! Well, at least I do."

Jongin brightened up. "That was really nice to hear. I'm sorry if those people ruined the previous performances for you." He lowered his voice till it was almost a whisper. "If you don't mind you can come over to the dance room to see us rehearsing. My club mate's friends usually come over, so I'm sure they don't mind you."

Kyungsoo was more than shocked. Jongin inviting him - seemingly shy - to his rehearsal?! He thanked the universe and the gods.

"Sure," he replied. "Thanks. For inviting me."

Jongin shook his head. "It's no problem at all. Hey, mind if I get your number? Easier to communicate and I can just call you when I have rehearsals."

Kyungsoo nodded, hands shaking when he typed down his phone number on Jongin's phone and saving it as 'Soo'. Jongin saw the saved name and chuckled, mumbling a 'cute', and Kyungsoo had to stop himself from throwing his body out of the window. jonginhasmynumberjonginhasmynumberjonginhasmynumber was all he could think about. Himchan looked at the happy Kyungsoo and unusually shy Jongin and smiled knowingly. Cupid thanked her earthly partner mentally.

 

As for Hakyeon and Taekwoon, both of them just sat side by side silently. Takewoon was probably the quietest in F9 and always kept to himself. His face was always in a constant state of poker and no one has ever seen him smile in school. Though he has a lot of admirers, people were most afraid to approach him.

Hakyeon however, was the only one who dared to communicate with him. From telling him to go to the teacher's office to asking about schoolwork, Hakyeon had interacted with Taekwoon quite a few times. But he wanted to get closer to the other.

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon who was still looking at his phone.

"Hey... Taekwoon," he started. "Are you- are you free this Saturday?"

Taekwoon, who was shocked by Hakyeon's sudden question, just stared silently at him.

Hakyeon gulped. Why was Taekwoon staring at him this way? The other's unreadable expression was unsettling. After a while though, Taekwoon asked 'why' in a soft voice.

"I need to go get a present for my niece's birthday."

"And you're asking me along?"

At Taekwoon's reply, he got flustered. That's right, why would he ask someone else along just to get his niece's birthday present? That was kind of weird. "I don't actually know too." He laughed nervously. "You don't have to come, I was just randomly asking."

"It's okay. I'll go with you."

"What?" Hakyeon thought his ears were playing tricks on him. 

"I'll come with you," Taekwoon repeated in a slightly louder voice. "I have a nephew and I want to get something for him too."

As Hakyeon nodded shyly and told Taekwoon he'd update the other when Saturday nears, Cupid arranges a drinking session at her favorite bar. This calls for a celebration.